F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What!? second save corrupt !

I'm furious, second save corrupt
265 online race, 32 TC online level, 2.xxx.xxx money...
Loading online race (LOADING GAME ! NOT SAVE PROGRESS), track Autosport, TC class B, Xbox 360 frozen,
the first time in 2 years (not overheat)... switch off... switch on... save corrupt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pcs93xepj5actly/Grid+Autosport+save+corrupt+%28second%29.rar
?!
When TU ?
I already ran out of patience...

Hey its your problem , you took on the responsibility of playing the game knowing that it could happen again. Its called play something else until the patch is released on Xbox and ps3 which is out of codemasters hands and in ms and sonys . Or take the chance of it happening again. I'm pretty sure with everything I've read on here is you will get some things restored after patch is out.

Honestly, you expect people to just wait around until codemasters figures out what the problem is?  Fuck off.  Seriously, you cant blame those who have spent money cause codemasters puts out, yet another game with many issues.  We are not beta testers!!!!!

Hey easy there big boy pull up them panties, code masters figured it out and it's In Sonys and Microsoft hands now. By the way it's not just code masters who has problems with there game it's every company that puts out a game they all have problems nowdays. U don't have to wait around how about going outside or playing a different game or is that to difficult ?

Yeah, this is a minor problem compared to ETX's NASCAR 14' That thing is a mess... took 4 months for a patch that seemingly messed up more than it fixed. Codemasters is head and shoulders above ETX, and EA. As far as Freezing, I've had one Freeze, but it was in the middle of a race luckily. I will say that since I installed the game on my harddrive (Xbox) that the loading times are slightly shorter, less room for error when loading. Also probably wouldn't be a bad Idea to get you a thumb drive. 

I never with one game had no such problems (about save corrupt)
I know that will be patch, but I do not understand why this problem occurs when frozen Xbox
And it's not my problem, I did not create it yourself
I installed the game on my harddrive (Xbox) that the loading times are slightly shorter, less room for error when loading. Also probably wouldn't be a bad Idea to get you a thumb drive. 
all game on HDD

Just has my 2nd corrupt save,getting beyond a joke now! Thats 2 lots of racenet rewards I have missed out on and to be honest I dont think i can be bothered to start again AGAIN.
 I really do like this game but these problems have left me debating if I should just give up now and trade the game in as there is no ETA on the console patch apart from the usual "its coming" statement.Maybe these problems would not arise if the game had been tested properly but it seems to me they only do the 1st race in career and then sign the game off as tested and finished!
I also doubt there will be any sort of compensation for this be it in-game or a DLC price reduction,judging by how CM dealt with the last corrupt data problem.

Now I am going to say this, at the risk of getting my 2nd corruption. I have been very careful not to shut down my Xbox until I am at a menu. And not shutting off or going to the dashboard during a load screen. I do not know if this is helping or not but, so far so good. Hope it does not stike me for putting this on here though.

I am not superstitious because it is bad luck. 

Now I am going to say this, at the risk of getting my 2nd corruption. I have been very careful not to shut down my Xbox until I am at a menu. And not shutting off or going to the dashboard during a load screen. I do not know if this is helping or not but, so far so good. Hope it does not stike me for putting this on here though.

It'll still happen, because that's what I use to do. I'd back out to the main menu and leave it for five/ten minutes but it still eventually glitched up.

@Fostbitten, don't want to "worry" you but I've been doing this too and got my 2nd corrupt game this morning @jerrymackturner‌... You're absolutely right, we're not beta testers but maybe CM should take the same approach as Bizarre Creations did when they made Blur... They got ppl signed up and gave them access to the game prior to release, we all got stuck in for a month and then provided feedback via an online form. They listened, made changes, sorted bugs and glitches and hey presto, a few weeks later we got a game that worked :-)

@Fostbitten, don't want to "worry" you but I've been doing this too and got my 2nd corrupt game this morning @jerrymackturner‌... You're absolutely right, we're not beta testers but maybe CM should take the same approach as Bizarre Creations did when they made Blur... They got ppl signed up and gave them access to the game prior to release, we all got stuck in for a month and then provided feedback via an online form. They listened, made changes, sorted bugs and glitches and hey presto, a few weeks later we got a game that worked :-)
A game that I wish had sold better because it's the most enjoyable game I've played since I played wipeout as a kid.

Remember all you guys keep playing the game you know that there's a saved game corrupt problem so dont complain about getting that second and third corrupt game save,that's your fault.It's out of Codemasters hands now and in Sony and Microsoft so if you wanna play it and risk getting another saved corrupt that's your choice that's not code masters. Play at your own risk suckers.

Remember this absurdity next time codemasters releases a game.  Keep your money in your wallet.

Remember all you guys keep playing the game you know that there's a saved game corrupt problem so dont complain about getting that second and third corrupt game save,that's your fault.It's out of Codemasters hands now and in Sony and Microsoft so if you wanna play it and risk getting another saved corrupt that's your choice that's not code masters. Play at your own risk suckers.
You are right. Happy now? Great, Grand, Good!

MaXKiLLz said:
Remember this absurdity next time codemasters releases a game.  Keep your money in your wallet.
That's right save your money and buy a EA game instead.

I knew it was a mistake saying anything about not having a 2nd Corruption. 175 races and I got it again. The last time it was 199 races. And on a Tuesday as well. 

You know that point when your mad about something, & then the exact same thing happens to you again? And then you are so pissed you just start laughing about it? Well my sides are hurting from laughing so much. 

Is making backups really that hard? I got my second data corruption today. I reloaded one of my backups and I was fine. I even got my global challenge money.

TUSMBOX said:
Is making backups really that hard? I got my second data corruption today. I reloaded one of my backups and I was fine. I even got my global challenge money.
Wow, that is funny when I bought the game & just now looking at the manual and it says nothing about getting a backup to make sure ur save game file is not corrupted. I do not own a back up as well because I have never had this problem. So I never needed a back up  in the 7+ years I have owned this Xbox. 

S*** happens at the end of the day. Whether you need it or not, you should take precautions. It's like insurance. It's better to have it and not need it than to Need it and not have it.

TUSMBOX said:
S*** happens at the end of the day. Whether you need it or not, you should take precautions. It's like insurance. It's better to have it and not need it than to Need it and not have it.
Yeah you are exactly right, I should known better. Heck it has only been 7+ years and 103 different game titles played and never any problem with saved game corruption I should have known better. Oh well, I think I am going to set up a store in the middle of the desert selling umbrellas and raincoats. I should be rolling in cash quick!

Yes, great news :)

I got a corrupted save just now, hoping the fix will repair my save and that it will be released soon on xbox 360. Enjoying the game loads, great game. will wait for the xbox update to carry on or :( start again. thank you CODEMASTERS  love your games Dirt 2, 3 dirt showdown and F1 keep the great games coming as FORZA  is leaving us on xbox 360. (I no horizon is out September)