Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuck checking privileges when entering career

System Spec
Xbox One with wireless controller

Steps to reproduce
Click Career on the main menu.

If I do this from my own Xbox profile it works fine, but using my son's profile it will just sit forever with a message at the top left saying "Checking Privileges" and there's nothing you can do to get out of it other than return to the dash and kill the game.

My son's profile is set to restrict content to be suitable for 8 year olds along with other privacy restrictions, but nothing that should prevent him entering a career mode.

I have a workaround, it's a pain in the butt, but it seems to work. When it is frozen, go back to the dash and switch to a different profile, then return the the game, press A to the message about reassigning the controller, then it will prompt you again to choose a profile, again select the second profile, at this point the "Checking Privileges" message is still displayed at the top of the screen, but the menus are responsive, so you can press Y, select to switch profile, choose the original profile, and then I can finally go into career mode on my son's profile.

Yep I am having exactly the same problem and have a very disappointed 13 year old son. Tried your workaround and he has managed to start career - thanks for that. But it is a non-starter to have to go through this every time he wants to play. I do not want him to know my profile password and am not around all the time he would want to be playing. The game was bought for him with his own money so you can understand his and my frustration.

"Checking privileges" and spinning circle going all the time when using the work around. 

His profile on the Xbox is set to "up to 13 years old" which I would have thought would be fine. Clearly something is getting in the way of a connection on a child account.

What say you Codemasters or others who may be able to advise?

Hope this is remedied soon. 

I think this workaround will work with any other profile, so you could create another one without a passcode purely for this purpose while we wait for it to be fixed. It also seems to survive the Xbox being turned off as long as you leave the disc in.

Thanks for the the information on this. We will investigate what's causing this problem.

I hope the workaround enables you to access Career in the mean time.

I am also having this problem. The account is a child account but as mentioned above, the age restrictions should not be used in this genre so why the problem? Are codemasters even aware of this issue? Frustrated to say the least.

We also have this issue with my son's account (he is 9).
Looking forward to a fix, but will use this workaround for the time being,
Thanks