Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General safety car issues.

Hello another video I bring you regarding the safety car. In this video I clearly make enough carnage for the safety car to be deployed and nothing happens. Surely there is an issue regarding the frequency of how much it comes out.   I am playing on Ps4, career mode, legend AI, full damage. 

https://youtu.be/BVSjC3hyF3E

The Safety car needs to come out more because it doesnt come out very Often! Please fix This @jennyannem @Lozzy @Hoo @Britpoint because i am irritating that it doesnt come out very Often! Would like and love to see it come out more! Same for the vsc

Regarding this, so far I am at Canada in career mode and haven't seen a sc or vsc once. At Monaco there was a massive pile up at t1 and a few ai cars retired and many more were disqualified leaving 14 cars left on track and several front wing parts lying around. No sc just yellow flags. On xbox one if that helps. 

Ps. I looked in settings and safety car is on (and simulation damage)

Think they've already said that safety car appearance is intentionally somewhat random for any given incident, regardless of severity. Not sure that's what people really want, but there you go.

Another thing is I've only had one VSC in the game so far and I happen to go over my delta time, so I slowed down to not get a penalty and then cars overtook me and didn't receive a penalty because of overtaken under yellows and VSC. That also needs look at too. Things are still really buggy.

Career mode.
Ps4.
Melbourne.
50%.
Legend.
Wheel user. 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44321/f1-2016-about-safety-car-big-problem-very-disappointed/p1

F1 2016 About Safety Car Big Problem! Very disappointed!

I also seen when someone crashed in the middle of track and retired,

then no SC or even VSC! (SC setting is switch on!) 

Only have a few second yello flag! Just like rubbish F1 2015.

How can it happened? This is a truely big problem!

CM need to fix it! But they hadn't give us any reply everytime!

Hello another video I bring you regarding the safety car. In this video I clearly make enough carnage for the safety car to be deployed and nothing happens other then the VR being deployed. Surely there is an issue regarding the frequency of how much it comes out.   I am playing on Ps4, career mode, legend AI, full damage. 

https://youtu.be/BVSjC3hyF3E
VR? you meant the VSC

Think they've already said that safety car appearance is intentionally somewhat random for any given incident, regardless of severity. Not sure that's what people really want, but there you go.
Some people complained during testing, that the safety car came out way to often; so they doned it down a notch simple m8

Yeah I've noticed issues with both the SC and the VSC. I got passed by an AI behind the SC and nothing happened. When I tried to take the spot back, it told me I had to return the position lol. Same with the VSC delta. I was going too fast so I slowed down only to be overtaken by another AI car. Same thing as above. Told me to give the spot back when I tried to reclaim it.

PS4 - Pad (Career Mode)
I got penalised thanks to SC coming out at China.  I happened to be first to catch up with it.......erm, sorry......I meant for it to come back to me, because it was going soooooo slow, I struggled to maintain any revs to stay behind it.  When I did fall back and then revved to catch up again, I got a red display to keep my speed within Delta limit. So I duly did my best to slow down even more, virtually coming to a stop but then got a drive through penalty because I couldn't lower my Delta time sufficiently, and Rosberg casually passed me by to then fall in behind the SC. After 3 laps of SC (which felt like an eternity), got a message to say SC was pitting just as we headed into the long back straight, and off it sped, but Rosberg maintained the same low speed as the SC headed off into the distance. It must have been 1 minute later when we got to end of that straight and turned at the hairpin before Rosberg decided to rev up to race speed.
Now during all that palaver, what I did notice behind me was that all the cars were all differentially spaced out as if under VSC conditions.
This definitely needs to be looked into.

Another little video of the safety car and are this issues ? 

https://youtu.be/lln-n0sMr9I

Online, ps4, Bahrain, co op championship.
Yeah i have the same thing flashing green/red the ai get confused at the first start finishing line sc out. 

Quite a bad glitch regarding the safety car. This has happened to me twice now, but never thought much of it at the time, so because of it happening again I thought I'd best bring it up. As you can see in the video I kept getting a "falling to far back warning" while following an AI car, and because of this it slapped me with a drive through. I couldn't do nothing about it as the AI wasn't speeding up. Please sort this out as I had to restart my race and I shouldn't have to do that. Thanks. 

Ps4, Russia, 25%, career mode, McLaren. 

https://youtu.be/6zWgx55Yyko

I almost SC or VSC every race so far. So please do not increase SC or VSC. It will be too much. 

Ppl complaining there isnt enough safety car should play with simulation damage and 100% distance. 

Runalf said:
I almost SC or VSC every race so far. So please do not increase SC or VSC. It will be too much. 

Ppl complaining there isnt enough safety car should play with simulation damage and 100% distance. 
I agree. playing on PC more than enough VSC and Safety cars.. People posting with lack of SC should say what damage and platform they are playing on also is it single race or career..

Same here on PC: I repeated Bahrain race 5 o 6 time and I always got a VSC or a SC. In one case the safety car stopped in the middle of the track with all the AI blocked behind the car, semi invisible like if they were some sort of ghosts, but actually real as when I hit them I got damage.

Some people complained during testing, that the safety car came out way to often; so they doned it down a notch simple m8
Im glad they toned it down, even now i think it comes out too much

I generally don't think it comes out to much, just it could be improved based on when and why it comes out. I've seen it come out just for 1 car spinning. Yet, yesterday 2 cars retired in a race and were both in bad places and no vsc came and I felt like it should have done. 

I think for little spins and retirements maybe vsc should be enable for most of them, and then for like 2 or 3 plus car collisions then defiantly the sc.

I think rather then the amount, the reason for the SC coming out needs to change, I don't want to see a full SC when a car spins or retires on the side of the road, those should be VSC, I want to see a SC when there is full blown crashes.

SJM1337 said:
I think rather then the amount, the reason for the SC coming out needs to change, I don't want to see a full SC when a car spins or retires on the side of the road, those should be VSC, I want to see a SC when there is full blown crashes.
Agree with that, I think it'd be best if the actual SC only comes out when a car has terminal damage, to avoid the situations where you're driving 3 laps behind the SC for someone spinning when he's only been off track for maybe 10 seconds.