Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please fix that horrible high pitched "whistling" sound.

I had to stop after a few laps, I just can't take it anymore. There is a very...EXTREMELY annoying high pitched whistling sound every time I accelerate. And please don't tell me it's the turbo because 2015 had turbo engines and there was no high pitch sound like this. I can still feel my ears ringing. It's very annoying and makes the game unplayable for me. Please fix this or I don't see myself playing this much longer. I tried adjusting sound sliders, tried different settings...nothing helps. It's still there, as annoying as ever. It's louder than the actual engine noise, and it's very disturbing. I have a 7.3 surround sound and it's ringing in my ear so much I need to stop the game. Unplayable!!! (PS4)

Codemasters, PLEASE. Get rid of it.

Hello,
I really love the gameplay but I have the same problem on PC. High pitch whine when accelerating or in general racing the car. This doesn't sound like engine noise but rather a severe tinnitus / ear ringing sound. Really irritating, I had to stop playing the game because of this high pitch terrible noise. 

My pc is i5 2500K with Nvidia gtx970.

Yesterday I compared to F1 2015 and there no high pitch engine whine at all.

I hope Codemasters will fix this, so I can play the game. Because I love it, the atmosphere and handling is great! Best F1 game from codemasters ever except for this high pitch noise. For people playing with high volume I think this high pitch even could cause ear damage, it is that terrible!

Best regards

Same whistling sound problem to be found here on Xbox One. The audio of this game definitely needs some fine tuning/adjustment. Right now that high pitch whistling is just giving me a headache after a while.

I have tinnitus so I'm more noticeable of pitches of sounds that tend to aggravate it. I've noticed that pretty much every car has this high pitched tone/noise to the engine sound which becomes more apparent as you go to full throttle. I really hope that this can be removed/fixed, as I'm really enjoying the game-play so far and, like the OP, it's difficult/impossible to play for even moderate lengths of time (even 30 mins is VERY annoying). [PS4 - Career mode - Ver 1.02]

Yea this sound is very annoying and distracting and needs to go
I have had to turn treble all the way down to make the game playable but this is not ideal

Completely agree. Please reduce the overwhelming Wind and Whistling noise. It actually deters from all the other sounds in games.

I'll take this feedback to the rest of the team on Monday morning to see if we can do something about it. However, we've mixed the game to reference, and you'll find that real-life onboards have this sound, and the game mix is accurate to that.

Can I be a voice voting to keep it?

My intention is not to rub anybody up the wrong way, but I am aware of the new breed of car making this sound and I am all for keeping it in the game.

As davidjgurney says; it is an original sound.

Doesn't it also depend on your personal EQ settings of the speakers/output you're using? For me the turbo sounds and high frequencies don't sound annoying or too high, I quite like the sound in general.

Doesn't it also depend on your personal EQ settings of the speakers/output you're using? For me the turbo sounds and high frequencies don't sound annoying or too high, I quite like the sound in general.
That is likely the case. I play on studio monitors at home and at work, so the turbo is well mixed in, but smaller speakers (e.g. on the TV) have more obvious high-frequencies.

I'll still take the feedback, and see if there's a way everyone can be happy.

Hey guys thank you so much for replying to my thread. Much appreciated David. I can see that I'm not the only one experiencing this high pitch frequency. I'll try doing more adjustments on my end on my receiver and see if anything helps in the meantime. Thanks again David.

I'll take this feedback to the rest of the team on Monday morning to see if we can do something about it. However, we've mixed the game to reference, and you'll find that real-life onboards have this sound, and the game mix is accurate to that.
I love and support reference when it comes to everything however at least give the option to control the volume level. I am using a 7.1 surround system and it is quite strong. I notice when I put my system in Stereo it is much more muted so I can understand some think it is not overwhelming.

transfix said:
I love and support reference when it comes to everything however at least give the option to control the volume level.
Yeah kind of what I was thinking. Maybe a volume level for the "turbo sound" might fix this. 

I found it the worst on mercedes cars if you drive the mclaren for example like i am on my career you hardly hear it and the down shift noise sound realistic like the mclaren its so beautiful i love driving round in practice just for that dirty girgling noise on low rev down shift or lift off :')

Buona sera, il mio nome è Giovanni e vi scrivo da Catania, Sicilia, Italia...
Adoro questo gioco, lo aspettavo come un bambino, ma credetemi è impossibile giocarci...
Quando si accelera si sente un suono come una alta frequenza che da un terribile fastidio alle orecchie...
Dopo 3 - 4 giri sono stato costretto a spegnere il gioco...

Potete sistemare la cosa con un aggiornamento?

L'utente (LiquidFox007832) che ha creato il thread ha perfettamente ragione...

Con questo suono il gioco è ingiocabile anche per me... dopo aver spento avevo ancora il fischio in testa e le orecchie che mi davano fastidio...

In F1 2015 questo rumore non c'era...

Se potete farmi sapere se questa cosa verrà risolta vi sarò molto grato, perchè se no vendo il gioco a malincuore...

Scusate se scrivo in italiano...

Ciao a tutti...

again something in your tvs eq is magnafiying it the high sounds. Be sure you have the mid range in your tv eq. level with your treble sounds and it wont be so loud. I can barley hear it. You will also hear the engineer better also.

andye26 said:
Yea this sound is very annoying and distracting and needs to go
I have had to turn treble all the way down to make the game playable but this is not ideal
  you don't turn the treble down you need to raise the low and mid range to be level with the high end. With sounds the goal is turn the ranges up instead of down. Turning them down will just turn it into a dead pan kind of sound. Their might also be a compressed and uncompressed option somewhere that might help also. You want it the highs,lows, and mid range level to get your sounds correct for things gaming. That's why you see different sound settings like movie, music, news and so on on T.V.s   

kevinkirk said:
again something in your tvs eq is magnafiying it the high sounds. Be sure you have the mid range in your tv eq. level with your treble sounds and it wont be so loud. I can barley hear it. You will also hear the engineer better also.
I also tried it with F1 2015, I do not see why I should change the TV settings ...
with all the other games everything is perfect ...
I own this TV in 2014 and has always worked out well ...
Why this game should be the exception ?

Google translator

Excuse my english

Thanks for your reply David. I understand goal is to replicate the real sound but why integrate a high pitch sound which is so irritating. It is also possible that some people don't hear it because they have small hearing loss in those frequencies. I have tinnitus too and it worsens my tinnitus a lot because the high pitch triggers my ears to ring even more. I am verry happy to read you will discuss it with the team. A perfect solution to me would be to add an option in the volume menu to disable the high pitch sound effects.

kevinkirk said:
I don't use TV speakers. I have 2 Polk Audio RTiA9 tower speakers, Polk Audio CSi A6 center channel, and 4 Polk Audio RTi A1 rear speakers, and 3 subwoofers. (7.3) All connected through a Pioneer SC 1228 Surround Sound receiver. I have never had any problems with movies, TV shows or any game on all my game systems. I don't see why I need to drastically change my settings for one game. The problem is not, and never has been, my setup. The problem is the game's sound output, and it needs fixing pronto. 

Yeah I feel exactly the same. Getting headache of this, sounds like you have tinnitus..  Please readjust that and the sound would be great! 
Btw using headphones and Logitech Z906 speakers, happens on both

It sounds pretty bad to me. An example of a "good" version of this Formula's sound can be found in Assetto Corsa's SF-15T. 

For some reason the CM games tend to strive to sound like the FOM feed. AC sounds much closer to what the cars sound like in real life, although I've of course never been on-board with one IRL. 

FWIW, I loaded up the SF15-T in AC and a similar sound is there. Definitely the turbo. The difference is that AC's version of this sound has a lot more variance and texture which somehow makes it not nearly as annoying and actually makes it interesting to listen to. 

Here's a video with one of their developers showing off the SF15-T: https://youtu.be/8YlJqwDdMpE?t=1h37s 

You can clearly hear the turbo. But it's not annoying. 

Now compare it to F1 2016: https://youtu.be/hlK3ugp16MU?t=9m1s

Definitely trying to produce the same sound, but it's a flat, texture-less sound. Just an annoying hiss. It's just bad sound design.