Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please fix that horrible high pitched "whistling" sound.

To be fair, the issue is only on a few cars (mainly Ferrari engined cars), and anyone who has seen the new turbo F1 cars in real life will note that they sound very different, some have low pitched noises, some high pitched etc. and I am glad that codemasters have noticed this and differentiated between the engine noises.

R0lexi said:
Thank you for letting us know issuekid. Great news! So the fix will be a toggle option? Do you think the patch would be available next Wednesday or will it take longer? Looking forward to play the game again.

ps I play on steam
I have nothing to do with patch releases, I just fix stuff :)
I've been told this won't make it for the next patch but will make it in the patch following that - I don't know what date that will be released though.

I have all versions of F1 codemasters. This F1 2016 is perfect! Congratulations.

But I need this patch. I modified the equalizer with headphone software Logitech. But the whistling is not completely erase. I can't play with this gamer headphone. I can't support this noise. Thanks for your help.

Hello, I love the game too but am waiting to be avle to play it again. I have tinnitus so I am forced to wait :( anyone from CM who could let us know when we could expect this fix?

Tonight I will play the game because can't wait anymore. But I will be forced to play without sound until the patch for the whine is released. Any hints to see easily when I should switch gears, normally I listen to the sound of the car :)

R0lexi said:
Tonight I will play the game because can't wait anymore. But I will be forced to play without sound until the patch for the whine is released. Any hints to see easily when I should switch gears, normally I listen to the sound of the car :)
Maybe you can adjust the equalizer settings from your audio source? I think if you'd dial down the highest frequencies in the TV/speaker EQ settings it might help a lot.

Now I've heard it too. and cannot un-hear it. It's awful. :( Sounds like an overly powered compressor or something. Or a snake that's permanently pissed.

I take back what I said earlier - I think this should be removed.

EDIT: My bad. I see it will be fixed. Thanks. :)

I saw Steam doing an update of 500MB tonight, I was so happy, finally be able to play the game. But just noticed the option to remove the high whisle sound is not there. I thought it would be included in the next update ? Any update issuekid ? thank you for your help, really frustrating I cannot play the game atm :(

There is a whistle on mine as well. But I only hear it on the Ferrari engines. Whether it be Haas or the Scuderia itself, but it's there on my game as well. I normally play Renualt or Force India & I don't hear it w/ them. Oh yea just in case they actually read this, I'm on PS4. 

To clarify, as soon as this issue was reported we worked on a fix.
This fix was never intended to be in a day 0 patch or a day 14(ish) patch. It should be in the next patch, as intended.

Unfortunately we in audio have no control over the releases of the patches so I can't give you a date.
Rest assured though, this fix has been done by myself and our audio coder so it is coming!

Thanks for your response issuekid. Since today's patch they have added audio accessibility option. Do you know what this is, I have put the option on yes but the high pitch whine is still there...

R0lexi said:
Thanks for your response issuekid. Since today's patch they have added audio accessibility option. Do you know what this is, I have put the option on yes but the high pitch whine is still there...
Main Things first: No, I don't know what this fancy "Audio Accessibilty" Option does.

This is just one of my main critics about Codemasters: They put a hell of Options in the game. But nowhere is an Explanation what does this particular Option do!
And when you ask here in the forum, nobody from the Codemasters staff give you an answer!
@jennyannem @Hoo @issueskid : What is this new Option "Audio Accessibilty" for?

I hope this option is not to solve the high pitch static noise because it is still there. No change at all!

They've already said about 25 times that the update that will give the option to turn off the realistic whine will be in the next patch, not this one. 

milook said:
They've already said about 25 times that the update that will give the option to turn off the realistic whine will be in the next patch, not this one. 

They say this since 3 Patches!
@issueskid made the apointment that it will be in the next patch on August 26th.

R0lexi said:
The option can be toggled between "off" and "Reduced high frequencies" - So as described it reduces high frequencies. It totally removes the turbo spindle sound (which is a very high pitch whine) and it rolls off some of the higher frequencies from the rest of the turbo system. I've tested this today using the build you're on and I can hear the difference and I've used debug tools to ensure this setting is working correctly. If this hasn't solved the issue for you then I'm not sure what you're hearing as many of us here have had a listen and none of us are hearing any other high pitched whine sounds. Perhaps render out a video for us and send us a link?

Just to clarify too, I always respond to as many posts as I can and I try to give detailed information. I also never give exact dates for any patches, I've said this all along, I have absolutely no control over patches or their release dates.

issueskid said:
R0lexi said:
The option can be toggled between "off" and "Reduced high frequencies" - So as described it reduces high frequencies. It totally removes the turbo spindle sound (which is a very high pitch whine) and it rolls off some of the higher frequencies from the rest of the turbo system. I've tested this today using the build you're on and I can hear the difference and I've used debug tools to ensure this setting is working correctly. If this hasn't solved the issue for you then I'm not sure what you're hearing as many of us here have had a listen and none of us are hearing any other high pitched whine sounds. Perhaps render out a video for us and send us a link?

Just to clarify too, I always respond to as many posts as I can and I try to give detailed information. I also never give exact dates for any patches, I've said this all along, I have absolutely no control over patches or their release dates.

1st: [...] toggled between "off" and "Reduced high frequencies" [...]

I see only ON and OFF ...

2nd: [...] I also never give exact dates for any Patches, [...]

Right, you have not given an exact date. You just said it will be in the second patch released after the 26th August.

Issuekid, thanks for your reply. I have tested it yesterday and there was no change at all in the engine noise. Maybe something went wrong with the patch, did you test the actual game?

Sorry, just read you have tested the actual build. I will check how to make the video because the horrible whine is still there :( I have trued to play the game this weekend and my tinnitus become louder so I really hope for a solution

R0lexi said:
Issuekid, thanks for your reply. I have tested it yesterday and there was no change at all in the engine noise. Maybe something went wrong with the patch, did you test the actual game?
Yes, I've tested the retail release with the current patch and it is working as expected.
Some of the whines are still there but the turbo is more subtle now. I've also analysed the frequencies with the option on and off and I can see that it's removing the frequencies as expected.

I'll have a look at tweaking a few other things but I'm not sure when I'd be able to get another fix in a patch.