Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please fix that horrible high pitched "whistling" sound.

Hello, thanks for the reply but you have disappointed me a lot. Taking away a part or the whines will not help someone with tinnitus. All whines need to be gone and I still hear them very good after the patch. I love the gameplay but I am starting to fear that I will never be able to play this. It just ruines my ears.

I have the impression you did a quick fix with good intentions, but you don't understand how it feels for people with sensitive hearing or tinnitus. And trust me I am not crazy, I don't have a problem with any orher race game.

I am not mad and want to thank you for talking to us in this forum, never seen such a great service. I am just fearing that it will not be solved completely and I need to forget ghe existence of this game. But again thanks for your efforts and I hope all whines can disappear in a future fix.

Best regards!

One mor thing, to give you an idea with the sound of F1 2015 I had no problem at all. No whine!

When I play F1 2016 for one houre my ears ring in the same way for 2 to 3 days.

issueskid said:
R0lexi said:
Thanks for your response issuekid. Since today's patch they have added audio accessibility option. Do you know what this is, I have put the option on yes but the high pitch whine is still there...
The option can be toggled between "off" and "Reduced high frequencies" - So as described it reduces high frequencies. It totally removes the turbo spindle sound (which is a very high pitch whine) and it rolls off some of the higher frequencies from the rest of the turbo system. I've tested this today using the build you're on and I can hear the difference and I've used debug tools to ensure this setting is working correctly. If this hasn't solved the issue for you then I'm not sure what you're hearing as many of us here have had a listen and none of us are hearing any other high pitched whine sounds. Perhaps render out a video for us and send us a link?

Just to clarify too, I always respond to as many posts as I can and I try to give detailed information. I also never give exact dates for any patches, I've said this all along, I have absolutely no control over patches or their release dates.
I don't even have that option on mine. I have the patch & my menu still looks the same. 

Hi all. I don't think the problem is understood by codemasters right now. I hear that high pitched noise too but it can't be part of the motor sound. Why? Because it never changes at all. It's always there and constantly on the same pitch. 

In the beginning I was sure that it has to be a stuck sound from the garage. Sounds like a fan which is used to cool down the drivers. For me it's a bug in the sound coding. Like the sample is just stuck in memory and plays over all the other sounds without connection to input or other actions. 

I think you at codemasters should check that again. 

edit:

ok the option is Audio Accessibility (no explanation of what it does! It DOES NOT say Reduced High Frequencies)

You need to set it to ON

It's much better than before, only very slightly now you can hear it. 

I think Ronage could be right, its a constant whisle noise in the background. So frustrating that it is still there.

Please issuekid, fix this horrible whine so we can enjoy the game finally.

GuiriLoco said:
edit:

ok the option is Audio Accessibility (no explanation of what it does! It DOES NOT say Reduced High Frequencies)

You need to set it to ON

It's much better than before, only very slightly now you can hear it. 

Apologies for the confusion, it seems the initial description went out in that patch. 
When the next patch is released these toggle options will be changed to "off" and "reduced high frequencies".
This was simply a mistake with which string got implemented before the patched branch of the build was created. So for now consider "on" to mean reduced high frequencies.

Issuekid, what about our other questions? Do you think to still be able to solve the static noise?

R0lexi said:
Issuekid, what about our other questions? Do you think to still be able to solve the static noise?
As previous stated yesterday "I'll have a look at tweaking a few other things but I'm not sure when I'd be able to get another fix in a patch."

As stated in an earlier post, I have no problem with the sound at all and checked it on multiple devices and speakers. Don't you think guys due to the fact, that most people seem to be fine with the sound, your problem with some static sound or whatever you might hear could be problems with your system? However these issues seem to be quite special and I doubt that cm can provide a sound that is suitable for all possibilities of hearing problems. Especially if it comes to hearing disabilities like tinnitus, each person got different frequencies, that appear annoying to them. If I'd have some problems with tinnitus, I 'd look for a solution to put a multiband equalizer before my audio output. This could be a software solution like here https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ Or a simple small mixing console with an build in EQ like here http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_fbq800.htm?r=app Hope that's helpful.

R0lexi said:
Right, I've submitted another fix for this and there's now a pretty obvious difference when turning this option on.

As before, I do not know when this fix will go live so please don't hold me to a date / patch number as some of you are doing. I have no idea when this will be patched but I've done all I can from a design point of view to push this fix through.

Personally i can't hear the frequency you are all talking about, but it is only an issue with the ferrari engines i believe, so avoid Ferrari, Hass, Torro Rosso, Sauber. 

issueskid said:
R0lexi said:
Right, I've submitted another fix for this and there's now a pretty obvious difference when turning this option on.

As before, I do not know when this fix will go live so please don't hold me to a date / patch number as some of you are doing. I have no idea when this will be patched but I've done all I can from a design point of view to push this fix through.
Hello Issuekid, thank you for letting us know. I really appreciate your efforts and patience in this matter :smile:

I will patiently wait for the new patch and hope that all whines are disappeared. Certainly the one that is like sounding in the background and is always at the same level. If it is not solved, I will look up how to record a video of my gaming to help solve this matter.

Still very impressed by you posting on this board and letting us know the progress.

Greets!

CTALESI said:
For me this bad noise is on the mercedes
The fix I've submitted is global and will affect all player vehicles, no matter which team you select.

R0lexi said:
issueskid said:
R0lexi said:

Hello Issuekid, thank you for letting us know. I really appreciate your efforts and patience in this matter :smile:

I will patiently wait for the new patch and hope that all whines are disappeared. Certainly the one that is like sounding in the background and is always at the same level. If it is not solved, I will look up how to record a video of my gaming to help solve this matter.

Still very impressed by you posting on this board and letting us know the progress.

Greets!
We want to make the game sound as great as we can and we want as many people to enjoy it as possible. We don't always get everything right but we do listen to feedback and providing the feedback is from polite people offering constructive criticism I'll always do my best to reply :) 

issueskid said:
R0lexi said:
issueskid said:
R0lexi said:

Greets!
We want to make the game sound as great as we can and we want as many people to enjoy it as possible. We don't always get everything right but we do listen to feedback and providing the feedback is from polite people offering constructive criticism I'll always do my best to reply :) 
So I made in Springs a thread about the realistic sound,someone from Codemasters commented that you're recording the sound from inside the cockpit,but our wish is still a realistic sound like you hear from the t'cam of real life f1 car. @issuekid . http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40059/f1-2@issueskid alistic-sound-do-you-want-it-or-not-comment-should-i-close-this-thread-updated-27-april#latest

Actually we've tried to go for more of a TV sound this year and I think we're pretty close.
We made comparison videos for internal use of our bundles vs. TV footage for reference.
Don't forget that TV footage audio can also change from track to track even when watching the same car.

issueskid said:
Actually we've tried to go for more of a TV sound this year and I think we're pretty close.
We made comparison videos for internal use of our bundles vs. TV footage for reference.
Don't forget that TV footage audio can also change from track to track even when watching the same car.
Yeah,but you still can't compare it with Asseto Corsa or with Project Cars what Aren't F1 games,but still have more realistic sound than we have in F1 2016 game

@issueskid a bit of random feedback; I think you've done a great job with the engine sounds this year, especially after the patch it sounds much more balanced now when driving near other cars. One thing I noticed and it's probably personal, the differences in engine sounds/EQ between the centered and offset T-cam. I actually think the offset one sounds better, but it's not the cam I want to use. ( first world problems ;) ) It sound like it has more depth to it somehow especially with Mercedes, the centered camera audio sounds a little bit thin by comparison. Definitely not a real issue, but wanted to share my thoughts on this anyway.

@issueskid a bit of random feedback; I think you've done a great job with the engine sounds this year, especially after the patch it sounds much more balanced now when driving near other cars. One thing I noticed and it's probably personal, the differences in engine sounds/EQ between the centered and offset T-cam. I actually think the offset one sounds better, but it's not the cam I want to use. ( first world problems ;) ) It sound like it has more depth to it somehow especially with Mercedes, the centered camera audio sounds a little bit thin by comparison. Definitely not a real issue, but wanted to share my thoughts on this anyway.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Sorry I don't undertsand. I have to activate an option in F1 2016 to reduce whistling? Or the sound is automatically modified? Thanks

Sorry I don't undertsand. I have to activate an option in F1 2016 to reduce whistling? Or the sound is automatically modified? Thanks