Sign in to follow this  

Boost Pack?

I just saw this on the racenet site. It said something like get more XP as you race. What is this and is it on consoles?

$3.99 AU on 360 for 50% more xp in single player and 50% extra xp and cash for multi...

I saw that just now on the crawler that goes on Racenet, It also says to go over to gridgame.com for more info but, I don't see anything over there yet. I will look on xbox here in a few minutes to see what is there.

Yep it is there to purchase on the Xbox Marketplace and it is on the main menu as well. And best of all it works! I played the new racenet challenge for Touring Cars and at the xp payout screens it is there in the bottom of the list as "Bonus 50%". It is $2.99 in U.S. dollars.

Yep it is there to purchase on the Xbox Marketplace and it is on the main menu as well. And best of all it works! I played the new racenet challenge for Touring Cars and at the xp payout screens it is there in the bottom of the list as "Bonus 50%". It is $2.99 in U.S. dollars.
Awesome... 

I guess this is the way Codie's decided to stimulate the in game economy. Too bad it has to cost you real money. I guess 3 bucks is not all that bad though.

Is there a limit as to how long it lasts?

If it's permanent, whenever Codemasters fix the damn game I might consider buying it...

I don't know how I feel about this. It gives us more XP on top of cash, but at a (small) cost. We complained about the cash at a very early stage; is this their response? Were they planning this all along? I wonder if it works with Global Challenge rewards........hmmmmm.... EDIT: Not showing up on PSN.

Is there a limit as to how long it lasts?

If it's permanent, whenever Codemasters fix the damn game I might consider buying it...
I think it will be a permanent fixture once you buy it. I see no time limits mentioned or like a timer counting down. 

TUSMBOX said:
I don't know how I feel about this. It gives us more XP on top of cash, but at a (small) cost. We complained about the cash at a very early stage; is this their response? Were they planning this all along? I wonder if it works with Global Challenge rewards........hmmmmm.... EDIT: Not showing up on PSN.
It does work with Global Challenges, I just was playing some the challenges and it is right there after you finish the challenge. Now we will all have to wait and see if there will be a 50% bonus at the end of the challenges next week. Unless @Loore can answer that question.

Guess I better look on the PlayStation Store. I'll spend 3 bucks to get 50% XP. Three bucks isn't going to break me, I'm surprised there hasn't been any complaints yet.

Any news on the PC 'Boost Pack' yet Codies? As above, I'd pay £3 (even though we shouldn't really have to) if it meant I didn't have to worry about the money/repairs as much.

Good news, repair costs is fixed with this! /sacarsm

are they fucking serious?

Boost pack is free with season pass, just currently broken (not unlocking with season pass)

@Loore confirmed this will be patched

May be I need to read the game manual again but what benefits do we get in career mode for gaining XP?
Mastering a disipline and unlocking championships in the Grid Series