Sign in to follow this  

[Help] Reduce Engine Wear

Hi all,

I am racing F1 2016 on PS4 with a T300 with Ferrari replica steering wheel. I like racing full distances, but for some reason can't get past half of the race without blowing my engine. I shift manually; which might be the thing, but I am not overly hard on revs or something. I don't think I should be shortshifting the entire race should I? Might there be something in the car setup I can change to help me? By the way, tyre management is not a problem at all.

Also, can you switch of failures, but keep damage on full? It's a little less realistic I know, but when investing time in 100% distance races it would also be nice to know you will end them. ;-)

All suggestions are welcome, it kinda frustrates me to retire every full distance race.

Thanks!

That helped definitely. I thought I was pretty nice on revs, but apparently I was still shifting too long. Many thanks!

Taken from an engine overheating thread I posted in earlier:
Xyadas said:
For clarification with the 15 LED shift light system. The green set (for the few constructors that still utilize it) is approaching redline. The red set is redline. The blue set is overdrive. You absolutely must shift once all blue lights are on. Not to mention that there are fuel flow restrictions above 10,500rpms so as @Brabarusmark14 pointed out, you'll actually be quicker shifting on red instead of blue.