Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tire management R&D

Hi all.

Are there people playing the R&D tire managment with keyboard? It seems unable to make the R&D succeed because the steering is in some corners seen as too agressive. However: If i want to make the time set for this R&D i have to push all the lap. Not one lap is going green or purple.. just all red. Anyone with keyboard having the same issue? 

I'm using a pad and I'm not able to pass it either, Maybe we'll be able to do it once we develop the car to a certain level.

Edit: I'm currently in the Haas team.

nah mates; its more then possible to succeed on the R&D tire management WITH A GAMEPAD ;using a xbox controller on my pc and its fairly easy you just have to make the turns as smoothly as possible so prithvirp ; keep trying the problem comes from you . as for eddiecornelisse ; mate i think you will have a extremely hard time playing it with a keyboard ; the keyboard doesnt let you apply different pressures to the buttons so when you press a button its as if your making sharp hard turns or heavy accélérations and braking all the time ; impossible to be smooth ; honestly you should try to get 39 bucks and buy a xbox controller for pc on amazon or something. Good luck till then. your gonna struggle

It seems people who dont have smooth steering (keyboards and pads) struggle with tyre management kinda makes sense cause yous normally either have 100% turn or 0% even with a controller theres not much inbetween so the tyres suffer for it and with the tyre management not sliding the rear and being smooth with turning is key to getting purple, ive tried mercedes mclaren and manor and managed to get purple with ease while beating lap times by 2 seconds aleast on both expert and legend difficulty but im using a wheel so i think the game needs to be tweaked for pad and keyboard users but the actual test itself ive found is perfect for a wheel if you slide at all you suffer, too much steering you suffer, lock a brake even with abs you suffer so it works on a wheel perfectly it just needs to detect a controller and change a little to compensate

OK guys. Thanks.

I will just skip that one since racing with keyboard is fine when it comes to multiplay and career. It's just that tire management thing... no xbox controller for me... PC all the way. ;-)