Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] Custom peripheral seen as "Error", no visible buttons in menu

I drive with the following setup:
Fanatec Porsche GT2
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1
Fanatec Formula Rim, modded with Leo Bodnar's chip

As such, I have three different driving peripherals. The game detects each of them and they work fine. The first time I launched the game, I mapped all the buttons on my Formula Rim properly. After that I also mapped pedals and steering. I exited the game and when I entered again all the commands from Formula Rim are called ERROR. This is visible in game too: if I click on the button to show the brake bias/differential menu, I see the button "ERROR".
Also, when I pause the game, I need to use keyboard to move from one area to the next one as no buttons are visible at the top (I can change menu left and right using F5 and F6 on my keyboard).

Link

DxDiag

I have a G27 and an SLI-Pro and it worked yesterday. Today, it gave me the same error as you: errors on each key binding linked to the SLI-PRO.

I quit the game, restarted and now it refuses to even reach the main menu. I tried updated drivers, removing Nvidia experience, re-installing Logitech drivers and it still crashes a few seconds after launch. 
 Very, very disappointing.

I would like to add another thing I noticed: I don't have any explanation of that function buttons do. I.E.: I see F1(or whatever other F* or gamepad letter) on the bottom right, but there's no explanation of what it does. It's only by chance that I understood that, while in cockpit, it was used to see team research target.

I have the same problem on PC using a ps4 controller.

I made a custom control scheme  when I installed the game and everything was working while I was doing time attack mode.

As soon as I tried to do a quick race the buttons stopped responding, and now in the controller options, everything  just says "error" and I can't assign anything?

Here the buttons keep working, but then I don't see any description in the bottom right of the screen, even if I use keyboard: I see for example A, B, Y but no description. I then press left or right on my keyboard and F5 F6 appear, again without anything else. If I use only keyboard, instead, I get something like F5 Previous page F6 Next page etc

I have un update on this subject: today I created a new profile as I wanted to start the Career from the beginning and my Formula Rim could not be mapped anymore.
At the moment I solved by choosing Fanatec 911 as my main profile, then I added Formula Rim buttons to that profile. I can't navigate menus as I used to with the rim, but at least it works.