Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuttering when G27 plugged in carries over into F1 2016

I had this problem in Dirt Rally for many months, thankfully it was fixed in a patch before final release.  I was cool with this as it was Early Access and it was fixed for release, so all good.  Unfortunately the same problem has carried over into F1 2016 for me.  Not much more to tell than whenever the G27 is plugged it, the game stutters for half a second every few seconds.  Unplug the G27, problem solved.  

I did a lot of reading and troubleshooting for Dirt Rally and nothing worked (I spent hours with various fixes from the net).  So far with F1 2016 I've tried a number of different graphics settings and uninstalled Geforce Experience to no avail.  There's obviously a fix for this as they fixed it in Dirt Rally, so why did they leave the bug in F1 2016!

Any suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated, can't really play it like this.  

System specs:
4790k @ 4.0ghz - returned to stock during trouble shooting
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 gaming
Running at 3440x1440 res

Have you upgraded (uninstall properly first the old version) LGS (Logitech Gaming Software)?

The vast amount of problems are caused by LGS and is usually fixed when Logitech become aware of some incompatibility.

Hi Rapster,

Yes first thing I did, I should also mention I'm running Win 10 and Geforce driver 372.54.  It's wierd because I've had the G27 for about 3 years and a G25 for 6 years before that.  I never had this problem with F1 2010, 2011, 2014, any of the Grids or Dirt 1 through to 3, only Dirt Rally and F1 2016 which I believe are even on 2 different engines which makes it even stranger.  I've also never had a problem with any game made by another developer, only 2 Codemasters' titles.