Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 - AI Difficulty Gap

MallonoX said:
What will a difficulty slider achieve? Unless there's one slider for free practice and another for the race, nothing!

The core problems is the disconnect between FP pace and Qualy/Race pace. CM just need to bring down the FP time targets across the difficulties. Then you could stay on Legendary, ace the tire management test and go through to the race and perform where you should be.

Really? What do you think? It's quite simple, it will allow anyone to adjust the difficulty to their level of skill, as opposed to racing AI that are either too easy or too hard. What if race pace is too hard or too easy for a particular person? A slider would solve all of these issues, you're an idiot if you believe otherwise.

Why codemasters are ruinning the game which is beautiful for something really silly..for me no matter how much ive tried with setups and evrything legend is very difficult and expert its very easy..can codemaster have a chance to change it by an update or do we need to wait for next year ?

A difficulty slider is the only solution to this problem, i do not understand why Codemaster have not take that in consideration a long time ago, it's been the same problem with all of their F1 games.

Well, a slider for the AI pace would be great. Maybe with some "dots" or "detents" representing the "old" Codemasters style. BUT with the ability to freely move the slider between these "fixed" Points.
eg with 96% AI difficulty:
Hard       Expert     Legend     Ultimate
|          | | |  
---------------------------------------
^ = 96%
I've added an extra 5%+ above Ultimate for the Aliens amongst us :smile:
But this won't be the only homeworks Codemasters would have to do! If they want to do it, or CAN do it. Maybe the engine in it's current state simply does not allow this Kind of slider. Anyone thought about this? OK, we have sliders in the game. In the controls menu for linearity, Saturation and deadzone. But as I stated in another thread (which got lost and I am still to lazy to search) Minimum one slider is not as functional as it should be! At least for my understanding of a deadzone slider!
Back to Topic.
The AI in General should be a Little more consistent over the sessions. Sure bolters are possible. Like Rosberg yesterday. Really bad in Free practice and Quali, but nailed it at the race. Or Wehrlein. Without his engine failure (oilpressure) he would have gotten a Point! But not at the Status quo. In free practice somewhere around P9 - P14 (McLaren, Expert), Quali P6 and finish race on P4! This was the results from my last Career race @ China. Alonso beat me in FP1, FP2 and FP3. He qualified @ P11 and DNF the race.
I don't know how the AI is exactly calculated. In the former games (F1-2010 - F1-2013) it was a simple percentage per Track (!) and per Difficulty Level. I still wonder why per track, as all tracks except Malaysia was the same Level. Malaysia was 2% less, if I remember correctly.
I digress again ....
To make the AI better in Terms of pace I would suggest a System with the following variables:
 - Chassis pace dry
 - Chassis pace wet
 - Engine pace dry
 - Engine pace wet
 - Tyre pace dry
 - Tyre pace wet
 - Driver pace dry
 - Driver pace wet
 - Temperture
 - Humidity
 - Random
 - Difficulty multiplier
Out of this few variables it should be possible to generate an AI in Terms of pace that is much more to the reality as it is now. I know this is a very simplified model of AI-pace. To get the numbers right there is lot of test-work to be done.
But hey,
Codemasters, @jennyannem , @Hoo , @issueskid
you managed this year for the first time to get a Little closed Beta-Test, despite the doubt of FOM. OK, you might have done better in this case as far as I know. But you have a great community with great ambitions to help you make your product better and better.
The only Thing you have to do is:

LISTEN TO THEM

and

TALK TO THEM

why you decide the one way and not tghe other.

Seriously at what point does this thread get a reply?
 This issue HAS to be on the next patch for all consoles and PC surely with this many people complaining. 

You can't make expert harder because as some people have said that makes the game unplayable for them. But what they need is a sliding scale. I've just done P1 in Monaco and I was 2.5 seconds slower than team mate on legend. Changed to expert, same tyres/fuel/setup and drove a practically identical lap and I was 1.2 seconds quicker than him. 

This is ridiculous! Game has been out a while now and needs fixing. Putting me off as much as the abysmal that was F1 2015. 

I wanna add myself to this discussion by complaining about the HUGE gap between Expert and Legend. With McLaren I can achieve from 5th to pole on expert and overtake anyone with ease, even running on harder tyres than the AI. But i can't seem to even achieve 21st with Mclaren on Legend in qualifying. It was humiliating and heartbreaking that Rio Haryanto was faster than me. I was so discouraged to play this game until i noticed a difference after i installed a new patch for my PS4 coupla days ago (1.03). So since then, legend AI seem to be more forgiving. I can achieve 14th to 9th now with McLaren, and one a race in China in the wet LMAO! So guys if you have noticed the difference, tell me I'm right. 

I was having a similar problem, failing to understand why there was such a huge difference between Expert and Legend. Being stuck in the middle (i.e too fast on Expert, too slow on Legend) made the game no fun at all.

But I found a solution. It might not work for you, but it worked for me.

Traction control appears to be a speed limiter. It stops you getting on the power early, modulating the throttle and getting a better exit out of the corner. Taking traction control down from 'full' to 'medium' should help you unlock more pace. Other than that, try and be more committed through the corners instead of lifting off and remember to brake in a straight line too as it will help with general stability. Also remember to run lots and lots of laps in practice and you should see a general improvement before you plateau.

Good luck guys, and I hope you find a solution to your problem.

MallonoX said:
What will a difficulty slider achieve? Unless there's one slider for free practice and another for the race, nothing!

The core problems is the disconnect between FP pace and Qualy/Race pace. CM just need to bring down the FP time targets across the difficulties. Then you could stay on Legendary, ace the tire management test and go through to the race and perform where you should be.

Huh? What on earth would another slider do? if a difficulty slider is introduced, it will obviously affect the practice or quali too.

Have no major hopes that Codies are going to change anything, I think they deliberately made fixed levels of difficulty, a slider would just make it more complicated for the average gamers.

I was having a similar problem, failing to understand why there was such a huge difference between Expert and Legend. Being stuck in the middle (i.e too fast on Expert, too slow on Legend) made the game no fun at all.

But I found a solution. It might not work for you, but it worked for me.

Traction control appears to be a speed limiter. It stops you getting on the power early, modulating the throttle and getting a better exit out of the corner. Taking traction control down from 'full' to 'medium' should help you unlock more pace. Other than that, try and be more committed through the corners instead of lifting off and remember to brake in a straight line too as it will help with general stability. Also remember to run lots and lots of laps in practice and you should see a general improvement before you plateau.

Good luck guys, and I hope you find a solution to your problem.
And for us on no assists already?

For me, Expert is too easy and Legend is too hard. Something inbetween would be wonderful

I laughed my ass off when both Manors were faster than me with Mclaren on qualy in Australia (Legend AI). But since i downloaded that patch 1.03. It seemed different, qualified 11th i think. But God knows how i won in China in the wet and Monaco (wet) in a Mclaren (Legend AI)

NaeemHaqq said:
I laughed my ass off when both Manors were faster than me with Mclaren on qualy in Australia (Legend AI). But since i downloaded that patch 1.03. It seemed different, qualified 11th i think. But God knows how i won in China in the wet and Monaco (wet) in a Mclaren (Legend AI)
Same here, the Legend AI appears to be slower now. But that doesn't mean a slider or adaptive AI aren't a better solution still...

I find the tyre test and Quali test gap between Expert and Legend is too high.

Is there anywhere stated what these gaps are? 0.5s 1.0s?

In the same boat as the OP. Some kind of statement from Codies on this issue would be nice. Are they going to do something about this or not? I haven't picked the game up in a week and until this is addressed then I can't see me having any kind of enthusiasm to do so again. If nothings going to be done then I'll be uninstalling the game fairly soon. Finally they make a solid game but it's ruined by this problem for a lot of people. /facepalm

@Lossy Will you make Ai faster in the upcoming patches and make Ai better on the first lap.

Offcourse they wont make the AI faster. If they made them faster it would suit you better I guess. But there are people who are happy with the AI speed at this moment. So if you made them faster, you will be happy but they wont.

Dont be so selfish. 

I think making them better on the first lap means making them drive smarter so they don't allow you to make up loads of places by breaking late on some corners - at least I think that is what he means.

Surely the problem is more to do with the AI pace being drastically different from session to session and circuit to circuit? Australia I'm 0.5s off ultimate and 0.5s ahead of my team mate on legend AI settings. Yet at somewhere like Bahrain I match my team mate on ultimate without putting in half as much effort as Melbourne. I've heard Spain, Baku and Austria are other examples.