Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One Screen Tearing

I've noticed on the Xbox One version that there has been a bit of screen tearing. Is there going to be a fix for this?

Same here. Really annoyed with it, was hoping moving to using an external drive would help but issue remains.

Hopefully it does get fixed because it would be a shame for this to be the only thing that really lets the game down.

I have had this at Baku and its pretty bad going up the castle section, hard enough without a massive screen tear distracting you every lap
Haven't tried Baku yet. I've raced on Australia, Germany and Bahrain so far and the screen tears on those circuits were not too bad. 

XBox One here, Just started career mode and at the start of the briefing from your manager lady, there is very noticable tearing as well.  For the rest (practice session at Australia, so far so good).

Just tested out Baku. No noticeable screen tearing for me. But I have noticed that using the cockpit cam makes the screen tearing less apparent

SCREEN TEARING is ruining what should be an enjoyable experience. The game is awful. Constant screen tears, from the lobby, pit garage and track. PLEASE FIX! I'm about ready to ask for my money back. 

Same here...every track has tearing in certain corners, normally close to big buildings or lots of trees....please fix it! Codies advertised the game as running at 60fps. It doesn't and tearing making it for a very very poor experience!!!! =/

The whole game really suffers from screen tearing, wether you are talking to your manager or fighting other cars on the track.
Everytime I see a brief moment where the fps hit the 60 mark I am really impressed by the overall smoothness, but it is ruined very quickly because the fps will drop rapidly and cause screen tearing.

It can really get very frustrating and combined with a bit of "unsharpness" it is somehow very difficult to see your turn in for fast corners (e.g. australia turn 6).

I find it interesting that ps4 players experience the same issues allthough the game seems to be running smoother performance wise.

I am running F1 2016 on a day one xbox one, it is installed on a external hdd from wd. I am using a 40" samsung hd tv in game mode.

Any news codemasters? 

@Hoo
@jennyannem
@issueskid
@Britpoint
@babyjesus
@morganfreeman
@allanismorisette

Body is 40 screen tears to short.

FRACTURED said:
Any news codemasters? 

@Hoo
@jennyannem
@issueskid
@Britpoint
@babyjesus
@morganfreeman
@allanismorisette
I can't help you with issues like this.
I'm an audio designer.

30 fps cap/vsync optionally enabled on user behalf would be very useful on tracks too demanding for the consoles.
Some track optimizations as well as i am sure there are things to find in that area, too, The FPS drop between turn 5 and 6 in Melbourne for instance.....

Any updates regarding the screen tearing?  As I have moved through career I've noticed it hasn't gotten better with any of the patches and nothing I can change makes much difference (FoV, Near Clip Plane etc). Certain tracks are way worse than others (anything with tree's or where you get close to a 'big screen' at the side of the track is worse).

Don't understand this designing a game but not optimizing it for the limits of the system you intend to run it on lol