Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox One Screen Tearing

Ross93

I have had this at Baku and its pretty bad going up the castle section, hard enough without a massive screen tear distracting you every lap
Haven't tried Baku yet. I've raced on Australia, Germany and Bahrain so far and the screen tears on those circuits were not too bad. 
The whole game really suffers from screen tearing, wether you are talking to your manager or fighting other cars on the track.
Everytime I see a brief moment where the fps hit the 60 mark I am really impressed by the overall smoothness, but it is ruined very quickly because the fps will drop rapidly and cause screen tearing.

It can really get very frustrating and combined with a bit of "unsharpness" it is somehow very difficult to see your turn in for fast corners (e.g. australia turn 6).

I find it interesting that ps4 players experience the same issues allthough the game seems to be running smoother performance wise.

I am running F1 2016 on a day one xbox one, it is installed on a external hdd from wd. I am using a 40" samsung hd tv in game mode.
30 fps cap/vsync optionally enabled on user behalf would be very useful on tracks too demanding for the consoles.
Some track optimizations as well as i am sure there are things to find in that area, too, The FPS drop between turn 5 and 6 in Melbourne for instance.....

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates regarding the screen tearing?  As I have moved through career I've noticed it hasn't gotten better with any of the patches and nothing I can change makes much difference (FoV, Near Clip Plane etc). Certain tracks are way worse than others (anything with tree's or where you get close to a 'big screen' at the side of the track is worse).

Don't understand this designing a game but not optimizing it for the limits of the system you intend to run it on lol

Archived