Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[XBOX] Game Crashes to Dashboard

Whenever I attempt to load the game (playing from disc) and I am signed into my NillisLukins gamertag (XBL Gold), it crashes as soon as I press the Menu Button on the title screen. It gets through the intro's fine, but when I press the menu button the game crashes and takes me back to the dashboard. I first deleted the save, and then re-installed the game completely, but the problem remained. I am, however, able to load the game if I use a second gamertag which is not on Gold, hence I am able to play the game offline completely. Once I am in the game with the offline profile I have tried switching to the NillisLukins profile, but it returns me to the title screen (I gather this is probably standard procedure) and again crashes when I press the menu button. I am able to play all the other games I have online fine, including those I have downloaded straight from the store and those I have on disc. So I am completely unsure as to whether this is an issue with the game or with my XBL gold account. I have contacted XboxSupport on twitter with no response yet.

Any comments/suggestions would be massively appreciated. While this game appears to be massively improved offline compared to its predecessors I'd get most of my value out of it by playing online, which I can't do currently, so would really like to get it sorted!

So that's the fundamental problem, for completeness i'll also explain now the potential origin of the problem to see if anyone else has a similar story and see if it helps at all. I installed the game from disc and entered a Quick Race at Melbourne with Lewis Hamilton, FULL practice (90/90/60), one-shot qualifying and a 3 lap race (it was just a means of getting used to the game before anyone asks why the weird combination). Played for a while in P1, crashed (lol), advanced to P2 before quitting to Main Menu and quitting the game altogether as I was heading out. When I next came to play on it, I loaded the game fine as normal, and went back to the Quick Race, heading into P2. While it was loading I decided to change the race settings to Short Qualifying and a 25% race. At this point I clicked Start Session, and the game immediately crashed back to the dashboard. Since then, I have never been able to progress any further than the title screen with the NillisLukins profile, so I wonder whether I caused this problem by faffing around with the settings once it had already been created if that makes any sense, but it's hard to tell. Like I said, any help would be really appreciated!

Okay, so with the help of someone on another forum I've sorted it out. Basically, when I deleted the save file I didn't do it properly. If anyone else gets this in future they need to find the save file from 'Manage Games', select the file and make sure you select 'Delete it Everywhere'. That seemed to do the trick. Might still be worth investigating for Codies though so it doesn't occur for anyone else.