Sign in to follow this  

Corruption Tuesday?

Well the Gran Turismo franchise is essentially a Sony made game. Just like Forza is with MS. So I would say most definitely they would push these games to the front of the line. Just like they would do with mega-titles CoD and Battlefield games. Also you also have to think for games like GT & Forza they only have to make a patch for one platform only. Ultimately you have to think it boils to money.

The only safe way to play is doing cumulatives saves in at least 2 external devices, i do in 3, two USB sticks and one in the PSN cloud.

Cumulative as many programs does in PC, but "DIY"  XD for consoles.

I explained same days ago in another post the best way for me to do those saves without losing the less advance possible, yes, it is a pain but is the only way to "survive" and play the game till the fix arrives, if the corrupted saved games are possible to recovery the data, wich i have doubts, in PC is possible but in consoles....dunno.

Today i had my first data corrupted saved game and i recover the previous save fron yesterday, i lose almost nothing because i was playing the challenges and the medals obtained are save in RaceNet, but everytime i advance in the game (SP or MP) an amount that i evalute an effort i saved, restart and try; with this method i only can lose a minimal part in advance of the game....or so.

As the game saved is corrupted when exit or enter the game, i don´t know exactly, always is going to be lost some advance but...for the moment is the only way to go.

I ALWAYS have A LOT OF CARE quitting the game, always in the main screen and after all car image are loaded, but finally i had my first....it was a question of time i think. SAVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!

Salute.

I forgot to say that i saved my first corrupted file in anothe USB stick and in the computer.

That is what i posted some days ago:

In a case so "extreme" like this i use three places, two USB mem stick and the cloud, in my case PSN, and are stepped saves, so i do one in the actual moment for example and save in the cloud, then i save the next day i play (if i progress a lot i save two times that day, just in case) but left the previous saved file in the cloud as it was, and then a third in a step forward so all of them are "separate" from a ...say 10% in advance, with this way i ensure that if i save a corrupted file i should have another step,back with a 10% less wich is an amount of lost progress permissible to repeat again. (With PS3 you only can save the game file when the game is not running, not as PC wich allows to save in-game progress, at least some games.

In fact as Crazy Train said you never know when the save game is corrupted or not, becuase it could became corrupted anytime the game is exited or quit, ´nuff said if the game freezes or someone exit the game in the wrong screen or part of the game the possibilities of a crrupted "save" increases in an exponential way.

Another thing that scare me a lot is that sometimes a game corrupted itself so it can´r read ANY previous save file before, any backup, sometines because of an update that doesn´t allow the game to read any previous file....is a rare escenario but it happens to me in PC only one time some years ago with an stupid pinball game; i hope that AS not be that case....

All in all, i do this save-backup "paranoia" only in this especial situation with CM games, usually i only backup in a "fixed" 16 Gb memory with is always atacched to the system and each month i save in the PSN cloud all the games i´ve payed, so two are enough.

I think that after almost a year i can´t get over the Grid 2 "drama" last year; really.. , it was a great annoyance and very frustrating. Cross your fingers and let´s wait to the patch that will avoid this situation.

Salute and.....SAVE THE GAME!!! <:-P

Post edited by andaya on July 8

@andaya yeah I bought a usb stick yesterday, it is only a 4 gb but, that is all I need for save games. So far everything is good. But the last time I said everything was okay I got bit again.

@andaya yeah I bought a usb stick yesterday, it is only a 4 gb but, that is all I need for save games. So far everything is good. But the last time I said everything was okay I got bit again.

XD, never say ok...4Gb are more than enough for save files games, even with new PS4 data saves with some 20 or 30Mb.

I reccomend you that after every save in the USB you connect it to the computer, if you play in console, and save to the hard drive in a dedicated folder or so. and make the way i explained before;  lucky i-m now in the same progress i was yesterday thanks to the last save i did yesterday.

Salute and enjoy!!

ZalexQc said:
@sjsharp2010 Console Patches/Updates takes longer because the new info has to through Sony & MS's internal Q&A process. From what I understand it takes about a week to a month for a release after the patch has been submitted.

Interesting, they can put patch available a few hours after a problematic update of Gran Turismo 6, but it could take up to a month for the same thing if it come from CodeMasters ??? How is that ?!? :(

That make no sence, Poly Digital patches have priority over CodeMasters patches at Sony QA group ???

It's quite possible they were aware of the issues these patches were designed to fix whereas CM might not have been.

I think it's more that Rockstar is such a big company that they can probably pay Microsoft/Sony to skip the QA process or they get so heavily involved in it themselves that Microsoft don't really need to do anything... or that's what it seems to me.

Still, hearing that the patch is in QA is good news. Hopefully we'll get it next Tuesday and I'll be able to play the game again.

Well the Gran Turismo franchise is essentially a Sony made game. Just like Forza is with MS. So I would say most definitely they would push these games to the front of the line. Just like they would do with mega-titles CoD and Battlefield games. Also you also have to think for games like GT & Forza they only have to make a patch for one platform only. Ultimately you have to think it boils to money.

Exactly. There have numerous cases with different games in which updates/patches were pushed to consoles very quickly, proving that contrived delays & barriers can be promptly circumvented in the right circumstances.

I think a widespread issue that prevents the reliable saving & loading of game progress is critical enough to merit whatever it takes to expedite the deployment of a corrective update for all affected platforms.

Besides, it's not like the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 platforms currently have a flooded queue of other games to manage patches for. There must be something contractual or financial holding up this patch, to consumers' detriment.

I paid full retail price for a new game, so the game should be fully functional. These days, apparently, the term "launch date" really means "retail beta release," which is why game companies in general are losing credibility with consumers.

...And how is it that there is supposedly some elaborate & time-consuming submission process for console updates/patches before they can be approved for deployment, yet there seem to be absolutely no standards or barriers whatsoever to slow the retail launch of entire games loaded with critical defects??

The poor guys that make the newest series of Nascar games has been through the ringer with the Q/A processes from MS & Sony. 

It is also good for dev's now that the patches/updates are free (to a certain extent), through M$ now. 

Personally I just don't believe the patch has been submitted, its just an easy way to calm people down.

Obviously I have no evidence for this but if the patch still hasn't arrived by, I dunno, Thursday/Friday then I'll doubt it has even more.

If/when I'm proved wrong I'll be more than happy to apologies.

Personally I just don't believe the patch has been submitted, its just an easy way to calm people down.

Obviously I have no evidence for this but if the patch still hasn't arrived by, I dunno, Thursday/Friday then I'll doubt it has even more.

i am with you i dont think its done yet . i think they am trying to keep as many players as posible with so many leaving and the best way is to say they can fix it 

I remember loore saying something on the 18th about a fix for a glitched car being added to the patch,even though it had supposedly been submitted.We will just have to trust them,and after the problems with the game,trusting them is something i am finding hard to do!

Well I figured out my problem at least. If I go to the Racenet Challenge screen and collect my credits & then pop out to the main Xbox hub and go back in my file is corrupted. Thankfully I had just made a save file before starting up this morning on my usb stick, and saved the older info from the stick to the cloud. 

So I guess the solution to my dilemma is to not go and collect my racenet credits. Hopefully this may help somebody else before getting hit too. 

I am just gonna have to resist the urge to collect my 250k in credits. Maybe after the patch I can get them and I will be okay.

Well I figured out my problem at least. If I go to the Racenet Challenge screen and collect my credits & then pop out to the main Xbox hub and go back in my file is corrupted. Thankfully I had just made a save file before starting up this morning on my usb stick, and saved the older info from the stick to the cloud. 

So I guess the solution to my dilemma is to not go and collect my racenet credits. Hopefully this may help somebody else before getting hit too. 

I am just gonna have to resist the urge to collect my 250k in credits. Maybe after the patch I can get them and I will be okay.

Save the file in your computer too, make a folder with subsequents saves, and now you should check your garage, if there is some car or cars that you can sell it for a big amount, more that the double of its value new, triple or so...SELL IT, you´ll loose the upgrades in that cars, once you do it save it again and put in the computer, then start, take the money from the challenges and see what happens, if again it comes corrupt revert to the previous file; many of the corrupted issues has a lot to do with glitched price sell cars in your garage. (the bad part of this is the lost of that ugrades cars that so many time takes to upgrade them...but is a "solution" when a file is "pre-corrupted" because if not you´re are not going allowed to do almost anymore, no online races, no more progress...it becames corrupted)

Salute.