Sign in to follow this  

Corruption Tuesday?

July 1st I get with a Corrupt save file, then today I get another corruption notice. Is it just me or does it seem like it is hitting folks on Tuesday? If you got hit multiple times or even just once. Please comment below what day it was if you remember thanks. Also if say the last time you played was on a Tuesday and then you tried to play again on let's just say Thursday. Then you got hit with it again, I would say that counts as a Tuesday corruption too. Because the last save file was created on a Tuesday. 

I just want to see if there is a pattern developing. So just let me know when you got corrupted please thanks.

I been leaving my game on, not been corrupted in a while so its working. it might kill my my xbox instead but hey, sacrifices must be made. :D

309 races. My game corrupts after 1 more or 20 more. Every time I turn it on, I have to load my backup @309 races. Over ten corrupt files I've had. 11 when I get home lol

I just figured something out! You get the boost pack and then you get a corrupt save game free! So you can take full advantage of your purchase! Now that is product value!

Well the beginning of the week, I guess so far. I was thinking maybe if it seemed like it was a bunch related to Tuesdays. Then maybe it had something to do with Racenet Challenges. Because that has been what has to me twice now. Right after I get ny RC bonus I come back to play and was corrupted.

Mine corrupted Friday, one week after getting the game.

It now corrupts after any race I do, career or online. I have a bugged car online anyway, so when the corruption patch is released I'm just going to finish off singleplayer and probably start a new multiplayer profile.

It now corrupts after any race I do, career or online. I have a bugged car online anyway, so when the corruption patch is released I'm just going to finish off singleplayer and probably start a new multiplayer profile.
The team are currently looking into the cars that won't load, they've identified the issue in the code and are now looking into what's causing it and more importantly, how it can be fixed

Loore said:

The team are currently looking into the cars that won't load, they've identified the issue in the code and are now looking into what's causing it and more importantly, how it can be fixed
Has the overall save game file fix already been sent in to Sony & MS? And will it fix my corrupted save game file or do I just have to start completely over? 

Loore said:

Has the overall save game file fix already been sent in to Sony & MS? And will it fix my corrupted save game file or do I just have to start completely over? 
Would have thought it would have been sent at the same time the PC fix was uploaded it's just up to them to update their systems with it.

"...patch on the way soon, should restore your old save."

"Its in submission with the console makers but it could be another week or so before its available."

@sjsharp2010 Console Patches/Updates takes longer because the new info has to through Sony & MS's internal Q&A process. From what I understand it takes about a week to a month for a release after the patch has been submitted.

@sjsharp2010 Console Patches/Updates takes longer because the new info has to through Sony & MS's internal Q&A process. From what I understand it takes about a week to a month for a release after the patch has been submitted.
I know they do all I said was I think they'd have probsably been sent around the same time as the PC ones but the main reason you're still waiting is because of Sony and Microsoft.

I know they do all I said was I think they'd have probsably been sent around the same time as the PC ones but the main reason you're still waiting is because of Sony and Microsoft.
I had assumed that is what you meant, but, I know what happens when I assume things. 

Operator1 said:

"...patch on the way soon, should restore your old save."

"Its in submission with the console makers but it could be another week or so before its available."
Thanks for the info, very helpful. As long as MS & Sony approve it we should being seeing it fairly I hope. Dang, there I go jinxing again.

It's good to see that they are fixing this, to make it quicker, Sony and Microsoft should get rid of the approval process for updates...

ukfan758 said:

It's good to see that they are fixing this, to make it quicker, Sony and Microsoft should get rid of the approval process for updates...
yeah it is although I've not suffered this issue myself with Autosport I know how annoying it can be. I suffered save corruptions with F1 2010 and a few times with the Fifa's but because I know they're caused by certain things I can work around it or at least they were in those games. For example F1 2010's is caused every time you do an R&D objective and attempt to save and quit after that. The way I work around this is once I do a practice session I always follow up with doing qualifying even if I don't do the race then. But normally I set myself the rule that if I start a race weekend I normally finish it. Thereby skipping any problems that might arise from such an issue anyway. Fortunately I have as much time as I need/want to work around such issues when playing.

I'm at a point now where if I play anymore, I get a corruption. I don't even want to try to play single player. Guess I'll play Street Fighter to pass the time.

TUSMBOX said:
I'm at a point now where if I play anymore, I get a corruption. I don't even want to try to play single player. Guess I'll play Street Fighter to pass the time.
I played Street Fighter today too. It was San Francisco, Washington D.C. online. Serious, true, & funny story. A group us back in the late 90's used to play Street Fighter, Mario Kart & NBA Jam for money. Lost many of dollar bills that way. And a LOT of hangovers! And other things, that I will not mention. 

Interesting, they can put patch available a few hours after a problematic update of Gran Turismo 6, but it could take up to a month for the same thing if it come from CodeMasters ??? How is that ?!? :(

That make no sence, Poly Digital patches have priority over CodeMasters patches at Sony QA group ???

Even with all the problems GTA V had rockstar was pretty quick with getting patches out, certainly seemed a lot quicker than CM have been with this fix for PS/Xbox.

Why would that be?

ZalexQc said:

Interesting, they can put patch available a few hours after a problematic update of Gran Turismo 6, but it could take up to a month for the same thing if it come from CodeMasters ??? How is that ?!? :(

That make no sence, Poly Digital patches have priority over CodeMasters patches at Sony QA group ???

It's quite possible they were aware of the issues these patches were designed to fix whereas CM might not have been.

I got my 1st corrupted save on 30/06, not long after they started to appear, No idea if I was the first to do this or not. Nor do I know when the 1st person actually reported it to CM (faster than waiting for a reply to a post on the forums)

CM requested that same day via email, that I send them a copy of my corrupted save for them to use in order to find the problem and fix it. I have no idea if I was the only person CM asked to send in the corrupted save.

Loore posted the Corrupt save file - Fix Incoming thread on 02/07 with this statement clearly visible.

"We can now confirm that we have located the cause of this problem and a fix has been created and applied to a patch. This patch is currently undergoing QA tests to ensure that it is working as expected before we deploy it to the live servers."

I'd hardly call that a slow response, the fix was made within a few days of the initial reports. The fix rolled out on the 09/07 for PC.

IF (and its a big IF) I was the only person asked to send in their corrupted save then, it was sent to CM on the afternoon of Monday 30th of June, The fix was made between then and Loore's Thread on Wednesday 2nd July so 48hrs between getting the data showing the actual problem and the fix being made and undergoing stability testing aint too shabby. At least in my opinion...

The console delay is down to a couple of factors beyond the control of CM.

Accessibility of Corrupted console save files for CM to use as research (any console owners send their save files to CM?). 

Q/A testing required by the console manufacturers further delaying the roll out. THIS is the cause of the console delay NOT Codies.