Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

Hi all. The loading screen for any session gets stuck, but the game is still loading and if I press enter I can load the game. But this means I cannot adjust my session lengths or time of day etc, can anyone help with this? This is on PC. Cheers. 

Just clarifying, this happens with the monitor at 144hz. Put it down to 120hz and all is well.

I have this problem too. Also happens on multiplayer career and i cannot see the tire screen.
Hope they can iron this out. It's an irritating glitch/bug

kelsh003 said:
I have this problem too. Also happens on multiplayer career and i cannot see the tire screen.
Hope they can iron this out. It's an irritating glitch/bug
I got the same problem :'(

Hello!
At the moment the game is unplayable for me because every now and then the game freezes for almost a full second (picture freezes, sound stopping). After the freeze the car was calculated by the game to be running normally so you are almost every time crashing.

Runing with GameReady F1 2016 driver , GTX 1080, i7 6700K.

Anyone else with this problem?

Attahced a picture of the afterburner - no FPS spikes BUT the gpu utilization is going down to almost 0 every now and then - this is exactly when the freezing in game happens!

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f1-2016-freezes-jpg.149065/

Silly question, but do you clean install graphics drivers or do you just upgrade them?

Rapster said:
Silly question, but do you clean install graphics drivers or do you just upgrade them?
removing old driver with DDU in safe mode, installing new driver completely fresh withouth GFE, 3dV etc, only the core driver and Phsysx..
No other game is freezing, only F1 2016

@momorious this looks like http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44229/pc-lag-spikes-during-races#latest. Can you confirm if so and we'll merge the threads?

I would say it is NOT the same.
My freezes are also in free practice, time trial etc (in every game mode, not only in races),

Game is installed on an SSD (only Games on that SSD!) and no other programs are running, only steam is running!

I reported already on RD and there are several people who also have huge freezes where the whole image and sound is stopping for a little time, sometimes even over 1 full second.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/issue-game-freezing-every-now-and-then.125141/

momorious said:
I would say it is NOT the same.
My freezes are also in free practice, time trial etc (in every game mode, not only in races),

Game is installed on an SSD (only Games on that SSD!) and no other programs are running, only steam is running!

I reported already on RD and there are several people who also have huge freezes where the whole image and sound is stopping for a little time, sometimes even over 1 full second.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/issue-game-freezing-every-now-and-then.125141/
Hmm, you do know that Race Department are nothing to do with Codemasters, right...?

You've got to admit that other than taking place at different stages of the game, the graphical hitches both you and the other poster have are quite similar.

Are you, by any chance, using Windows 10 and have you upgraded to the Anniversary Update lately...?

Rapster said:
Are you, by any chance, using Windows 10 and have you upgraded to the Anniversary Update lately...?
yes. But F1 2016 is the only game which have those freezes so not Win 10 Ann. related..

And of course I know RD is not related to CM but I just wanted to ask if I am the only one in a different and well known forum. And it seems I am by far not the only one with those freezes..
Sadly they are making the game unplayable - when the freeze is just when you shifted the shift is not recognized for example which either costs time or makes some other problems.. It is so sad because otherwise I quite like this game very much!

Have you installed those other games since you installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update or only F1 2016?

Rapster said:
Have you installed those other games since you installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update or only F1 2016?
installed only F1 2016 and No Man's Sky after the Ann. Update.. NMS is... bugged in a lot ways so not really comparable with F1.. But those freezes are not in NMS, that game has other issues.. :D

Hi there, since the very first go at the game I've noticed that sometimes (up to 3/4 times per lap and apparently at random points on the track) the framerate drops a lot (to almost 0) for about a second. This is a very annoying issue considering that it is like closing your eyes and taking your hands off the steering wheel for a second, so that  lap times drop and crash against walls or other cars are way more likely to happen. This is my PC config:

OS                           Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
CPU                        Core i5 4570 @ 3.2Ghz
Graphic card         Gainward Phantom GLH GTX 960 2GB 
Motherboard        Gigabyte GB-H81M-DS2V
System Memory   8GB DDR3
Storage                  Samsung 840 Evo SSD 128GB +  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
Game version      1.2.0 (as shown in the starting game screen)

I've noticed that the issue is almost completely solved only if  I set the "texture streaming" to "Ultra Low"( way too low value for a PC like mine), no matter what all the other settings value are. 

Exactly the same problem here.
(AMD FX 8350, 16gb ddr3, Zotac GTX 970, Samsung SSD).

The game works at solid 60 fps even at ultra settings, but after one or two lap the fps randomly drops to 5 for a few seconds, even if i press the pause button; after like 10 seconds more or less i can continue playing at normal fps.
This happens more or less twice a lap during all the race. (also happens in free practice, quali, and benchmark test with all graphics configuration).  
I've even tried to istall the game on a normal Hard Disk as someone suggested, didn't solve the problem...
Waiting for a optimization patch.

Well, it seems we're are on the same boat, it's really annoying to have this kind of problem and not to enjoy the texture as they were meant to be. Hope for a patch to be released very soon.

i've tried the "low texture streaming" setting and it didn't work, so i tried to low all setting to "very low "obtaining exactly the same  result: both cpu and gpu temperature goes up till the frame drops stops, this now happens not only on track but even if i'm in the pit or in the motorhome    

I would suggest your texture memory is too low with a 2GB card.

Try also the latest driver and set the Power Management to Maximum Performance in the GeForce Control Panel.

I would suggest your texture memory is too low with a 2GB card.

Try also the latest driver and set the Power Management to Maximum Performance in the GeForce Control Panel.
Latest driver already installed, Power Management already set to Maximum Performance. It definitely is a bug of the game.
P.S. 2GB of video memory is enough for a hi-res texture set and 1920*1080 of game resolution.