Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

Hi All,

We are very sorry that some of you guys are having performance issues when running F1 2016. I can assure you that we take this very seriously and have been trying to reproduce your issues but unfortunately without much luck I am afraid.

To help us get to the bottom of this can I get some additional info from users suffering the issue.

Firstly can we get a copy of your DXDIAG, please use pastebin and provide a link
Secondly can you provide a copy of your "hardware_settings_config.xml" and "hardware_settings_info.xml" , these can be found in "C:\Users\***YOURLOGIN***\Documents\My Games\F1 2016\hardwaresettings" again please use pastebin and provide links.
Thirdly can you advise what peripherals you have plugged into your PC
and Finally what programs are running in the background on your PC.

Regards
Andy
Good to hear that you are trying to reproduce this issue. Have provided this information in a letter sent to you. Hopefully you guys will manage to get to the bottom of this issue.

hobbsy777 said:
There are a couple of other services that can be disabled that have a lot of  rumoured FPS problems:
Nvidia Sterioscopic 3D Driver Service and Nvidia Streamer Service. I have them disabled including in start up services.

Hi,

I wouldn't trust on that, this is why:

1 - I don't have those services because I just installed the Nvidia Driver. They don't even exist for me in the services.

2 - I also tried a fresh and clean 8.1 Pro and I had the same performance.

3 - All the other games like Project Cars, Doom, Battlefield 1, StarWars run above 60Fps solid in 2560x1080, and here in F1 at 1920 I have like 30 :\

I am not saying that is the cause of the problems in this game, what I am saying is that those services (especially the Sterioscopic one) has caused FPS and stutter problems and can exsasabate the the problem or introduce stutters for people that don't have them now.

Hi everyone,

Andy will be off for a period of time so I will be taking over meanwhile, if you have any new information please PM me instead or reply to this thread. 

Thanks!

The only thing I wanted was to play this game with good fps in the rain even not in it is always 40 and it is horrible.

I7 2600k
Gtx 1070 g1 gaming 
16 gb ddr3

The only thing I wanted was to play this game with good fps in the rain even not in it is always 40 and it is horrible.

I7 2600k
Gtx 1070 g1 gaming 
16 gb ddr3

Hi KleitonMorgado,

Andy from Support request us to provide some DXdiag + the hardware info files. I've provided mine above + a video where I show my 980 Ti fully maxed out and not giving more than 40fps in the Rain , 30fps min :( So, I believe you have the same problem like me, but you have a 1070 G1 - I have 980Ti G1.

Can you check my previous posts and provide this to Andy?

Valeu :)

Hi everyone,

Andy will be off for a period of time so I will be taking over meanwhile, if you have any new information please PM me instead or reply to this thread. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Any updates from today? Ive requested Kleiton to provide same data like me.

These are high end GPUs. Cpu is 50% but the high end GPU is 100% . Still.... 30fps on 980 Ti or a 1070... make no sense. Something is wrong here...

Hi,

We are still in the process of trying to replicate the issue, I've replied to your comments on my wall. Unfortunately I'm off now and won't be able to look at it until Monday :(

If anyone has any new information or are able to affect the issue they are having in any way then please post here or PM me. Every little bit will help us in tracking down this issue, thanks!

The gpu and cpu both drop to 0% usage when the freezing happens.  Clearly an optimisation issue.  I also had this in f1 2015 but much less,  In 2016 it is ruining the game.  

I fixed my freezing/stuttering/fps drops by setting mirrors from ultra high to high and also vehicle reflections from ultra high to high.All other settings maxed out. Now steady 60 fps every race/practice. 

FX-8350
16 GB RAM
GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Driver 372.70
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Logitech G27
Windows 10 pro 64 bit Anniversary edition

Hello Andy, GurshaanSurana, CodeMasters support,

Some quick post collection for you with multiple rigs to be checked.

My - Vapochilled

4810hq - 2.9 - 3.8 Turbo - i7

16GB RAM

980Ti G1 Gaming 1500 core / 8000 Mem

Tested both Win10 and Win8.1 Pro

Old + latest Nvidia Drivers

Problem: Low FPS . only 30fps with 980Ti. Impossible. Ive seen the same with 970. What are we missing here?

DxDiag

http://pastebin.com/r5rW5v9j

hardware_settings_info

http://pastebin.com/08RjuiBX

hardware_settings_config

http://pastebin.com/DVPZ2dxk

+ Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTZ5bl1MLng

Other user with new highEnd and low FPS:

gagai75 Member New Car Smell

I have the same 45 fps i7 3770k 4.2 ghz 1070 gtx msi 16 ram windows 10

Other user with new highEnd and low FPS:
KleitonMorgado Member New Car Smell
hello andy
Please check:

dxdiag
http://pastebin.com/KwvT24Zn

FPS DROP problem here:

http://pastebin.com/BpDZM7FE dxdiag

don't feel the need to show the other things requested, the frame drops happen on max or min settings in the game.  

Can you pick-up these problems ASAP? We cant even play this way. At the moment I really don't care about safety car bugs and so on because the game is unplayable. What kind of SLA do we have to make these problems visible internally ? Or should we escalate this to product owners, architects and site head-of ?

Dlouhym11 said:
I fixed my freezing/stuttering/fps drops by setting mirrors from ultra high to high and also vehicle reflections from ultra high to high.All other settings maxed out. Now steady 60 fps every race/practice. 

FX-8350
16 GB RAM
GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Driver 372.70
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Logitech G27
Windows 10 pro 64 bit Anniversary edition
Nope, didn't fixed the freezes here

Our no more complicated answer play like that seen. The game is great, but this way is horrible play and so far nothing a patch to fix this

Hi Kleiton,

Adiciona-me no Skype: ricardo_silva_lopes  - ive been in contact with support

Try these graphics settings - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byv0FSfWDl1IZ0NIcFlfMmZncnM/view?usp=sharing
Especially turn down to low POST PROCESS, PARTICLES. Before these i had constant fps drops. Now running smoothly 60 fps on 3 monitors.
My rig -  3x1080 monitor
                FX-8350
               MSI 980Ti
             16 GB Ram
             Win 10

i'm also noticing now the stuttering happens a lot more in career mode than in other gameplay modes.  something related to the paddock?

my fps in career mode is much lower, even tested same car and track in just gp mode, almost 20fps difference.

also can i ask what wheels people are using?  i have just tried to play without my wheel (DFGT) and the game runs A LOT better...........................

Guys don't let this thread die, it is a serious issue.  i have now tested with dfgt and t150, when you plug the wheel in the fps drops dramatically.  
Please try and resolve this.