Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

AssiKar said:
Try these graphics settings - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byv0FSfWDl1IZ0NIcFlfMmZncnM/view?usp=sharing
Especially turn down to low POST PROCESS, PARTICLES. Before these i had constant fps drops. Now running smoothly 60 fps on 3 monitors.
My rig -  3x1080 monitor
                FX-8350
               MSI 980Ti
             16 GB Ram
             Win 10
They only differance between our rigs is CPU. I run everything on Max settings at 60fps. Strange yes I'm only on one monitor but still. Using Thrustmaster T300 GTE. Never had a issue with framerate or stuttering run flawless for me.

same problem here;

My pc:

Asrock B85M pro4

i5 4460

GTX 960 2 GB (nvidia driver vers: 372.70

8 GB RAM

Windows 10 64 home

Logitech G25

I do not know more q say why the only time you get to play without fps drop was the first day after was horrible, the worst is that codemasters it seems not care more for this unfortunate problem !!

To those who run Afterburner, do you experience the FPS drop and stuttering with Afterburner disabled? My issue for some reason was never FPS, but high frame times causing bad stutter. Tested with GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1080 at 1440p. If I had the Afterburner running, especially the monitoring window open, my frame times were 25-40 ms and stutter fest. I had tried everything, even a re-install of Windows 10 and still got the bad stutter. I thought that maybe Afterburner was the cause of my problems and sure enough it was. I've since been using EVGA Precision X OC and my stutter is gone, and I haven't experienced a crash yet after 3 days and driving a bit over 100 laps. Frame times are down to 9-10 ms. When I have the monitoring window open w/ Precision and run say Firestrike benchmark, I get horrible stutter. When I close the monitoring window the stutter goes away. 

Not saying this is the solution, but if you haven't already, try removing all monitoring programs that run in the background, could work? 

Been having drops here as well. I've just read this whole topic and tried the following settings in the Nvidia control panel:
Vsync: fast
Energy modes: optimal performance
DSR resulotion: Off

The DSR resolution setting gave me problems when trying to set optimal performance in the Nvidia Geforce Experience for another game.
First test seems promising, but it's to late to do more testing :)
For you guys keeping up this thread, try if it works for you. Tomorrow later on the day I'll do some more tests myself.

Continue with the framerate problem is not that codemasters has not found the problem how can the game already has a month and nothing yet, for me this very bad to play in the rain falls over the fps!

Hi @jennyannem You need to fix this frame rate problem on the PC, why this very bad to play and this problem already for a long time and you seem to have turned their backs on those who have this problem!

Was running perfectly for me last time I played, about 2 weeks ago, everything on ultra sat at 60fps.
Turned it on last night and now I'm getting frame drops, down to it freezing completely.
From half way through a season to completely unplayable.
Got to assume this is related to a patch as nothing else has changed.

Sent diag to Andrew.

try this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/391040/discussions/0/343787283745200964/?ctp=5#c343787283750911267

There are reports in several places that turning off the XBox DVR feature did not solve the problem. I turned it off and it still happened. I suppose it's good advice to check it again after doing any MS updates...MS probably turns it back on. I had one terrible incident at Monaco where my car came to a dead stop for a few seconds when I entered the tunnel. It was early enough in the race that I just restarted. I then ran 20 laps with no issues at all.

schoof said:
try this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/391040/discussions/0/343787283745200964/?ctp=5#c343787283750911267
This still does not explain the 100% GPU usage, Win7 platform and other problems. These are clear optimization problems for PC users (especially, since the same problems happen with different hardware).

I am also now suffering this issue. Prior to the 1.5 patch i didn't have any issues with stuttering but now occasionally the game will stutter badly for several seconds. I have already tried the game DVR "fix" it didn't work. Seems to me like in trying to solve one issue the patch has actually caused another.

This framerate problem already is affecting many people after the first correction patch, and the DVR for me did not work, I have been suffering with low frames from the first patch and what is most amazing is the codemasters not care about this issue that affects many people in the pc, even people with powerful computers !!

In my case i had no stuttering or FPS problems prior to patch 1.5 so something in the patch changed the game. Not going to go chasing settings on my system to fix it!

I basically have the same issue everyone else describes, namely a short but heavy framedrop (sometimes, but only sometimes the sound also stutters) that occurs out of nowhere while the game runs absolutely smooth otherwise.

This framedrop happens approximately once every 2 or 3 laps.

Given the regularity of those drops, somebody guessed that a write operation could be the culprit, for example the replayfile the game rewrites every now and then. Is there a way to test this by disabling replays altogether?

Anyway, here are the requested files

DXDiag http://pastebin.com/awtQv52a

hardware_settings_config http://pastebin.com/A3M2X3Ax

hardware_settings_info http://pastebin.com/eP5CRMbf

The only programs running in the background are steam (obviously) and avast. I have already tried to disable ingame-vsync and use the nvidia-vsync but without success. I also disabled every other program i normaly use while playing, like afterburner and teamspeak but again without any change.

Plugged in peripherals while playing:

T300RS (via case usb-hub)
Mionix Castor
Sharkoon Skiller Pro

kind regards

quicksilver

I have the same issue.

Happened twice in two hours, always after a longer track session.

I have 4790k, 1070, 16gb, ssd, win10.

I only bough the this game relatively early in its life as I wanted to feel involved in the current season.

hope it can be sorted soon...no other game I have played in the last two years has ever had such an ongoing game ruining problem.

jayblue99 said:
In my case i had no stuttering or FPS problems prior to patch 1.5 so something in the patch changed the game. Not going to go chasing settings on my system to fix it!
same problem here. the stutters are not that severe for me, cause I got a fast graphic card (1070), but it's really obvious since the last update (1.5).

Same problem here - I join the club!
Just bought the game and it runs smooth on high settings (60fps), but I have temporary stutters in almost every lap.
This way the game is
virtually unplayable.

i5 2500K 3,30ghz, GTX 770, 8 gb ram

Really hope Codemasters will fix this issue soon :(

Tried updating drivers last night...same issue twice in 90 mins...both times caused me to crash.

the game appears to stop on screen but then quickly skips to where it would have been. As someone else said earlier, it's like being surprise blindfolded for a second.

please fix this codemasters.

Hi,

To give you guys and gals as much info as I can I can confirm that in QA alone we have 58 different PC's ranging from 1st Generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 through to Intel Core i7 6700K & 5960X and AMD FX 4100 through to AMD FX 9590. We have 93 Graphics cards ranging from Nvidia GTX 460 through to Nvidia GTX 1080 and AMD HD 5870 through to AMD R9 Fury X which can and have been swapped in and out of the 58 PC's throughout the development cycle of this game. We have a combination of Windows 7 64, Windows 8.1 64 and Windows 10 64 installed throughout the test PC's. We have PC's that have the OS and the game installed on an SSD,  we have have PC's that have the OS and and the game installed on mechanical HDD's, we have PC's that have the OS installed on an SSD and the game installed on a mechanical HDD. We have various Keyboards, Mice, Headsets and Steering wheels plugged in throughout the range of PC's and none of our team have reported the issue that you guys are getting.

Personally at home I have an Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.2 along with an Nvidia GTX 1080 running at stock speeds. My OS is windows 10 anniversary edition which has been upgraded from Windows 8 which I purchased when I bought the CPU and Mobo. My OS is installed on a Samsung 840 EVO SSD and my Steam library is installed on a 2TB Mechanical HDD. I have Logitech G19 Keyboard, Steelseries Rival Mouse and Logitech G29 with the Shifter. I have completed several 100% races at home and I have not seen the stuttering that you guys are describing.

As the Compliance Platform Lead for PC I take every one of you PC hardware Complaints personally and seriously but neither me or the test team have been able to reliably reproduce this issue. Given that there are over 70,000 owners of the game on Steam and maybe 10 or 20 people complaining about this I have to deduce there is a conflict between your hardware/software/OS that we are unable to reproduce here.

We have gathered all the info that you guys have sent and are still actively trying to reproduce/fix the issue.

Regards
Andy

I have run my machine since Sep 2014 with the following games: FSX, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa, Dead Rising 3, Civilization 5, Train Simulator 2017 (testing for my Dad lol), Fallout 4, DOTA2 and I have had zero problems like this before. Clean install of Windows 10. I wonder what is so special about this game to have suddenly uncovered some sort of incompatibility.

As you pointed out Andrew, this is affecting a large range of hardware. Many more users may well be experiencing the problem but either feel you have enough information in this thread, their own hardware is close enough to one of the contributors already or may lack the technical ability to present the information concisely.

I'll add my name to the list of sufferers - highly frustrating when as it's been pointed out already, no other games exhibit the issue and the PCs all run as expected in every other aspect. There are probably many, many more.

There is no game optimisation profile for this title in the nVidia driver, it is the first title not to have this. Plus I believe this is the first title in the series to use HT in the game engine. Running on a specific setting would probably narrow down the guesswork.

You have the correlated info on what the affected drivers are using, so pick the modal group and suggest they replicate the driver, CP settings, and in-game options that you use with your hardware and suggest they do the same.