Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

Somehow, I just played the game for 2 hours straight with ZERO issues. Before I fired it up, I put all of my fans on full tilt, GPU never went above 50c. Does this play into it in any way, I wonder?

Not sure why, but for some reason, this game may be very sensitive to heat. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but honestly, that's the only thing I have to go off of right now. When the components get hot, maybe the game just "doesn't like it" and it can't run well? 

@Teknaut: Yeah temps are all good in my system. CPU and GPU both liquid cooled. RAM not overclocked. CPU stability tested with Prime95 small FFP. GPU is stable and not close to my max OC. This is the only game I have that experiences these issues. 

jlp0209 said:
@Teknaut: Yeah temps are all good in my system. CPU and GPU both liquid cooled. RAM not overclocked. CPU stability tested with Prime95 small FFP. GPU is stable and not close to my max OC. This is the only game I have that experiences these issues. 
@jennyannem - Does Codemasters have a plan to address these issues?

Hoo from Codemaster replied here : http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45011/replay-massive-fps-drop-pc#latest
"Thanks. We'll get someone to take a look at this."

Better late than never....

RafaleD said:
Hoo from Codemaster replied here : http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45011/replay-massive-fps-drop-pc#latest

But thats again a different issue, related only in replays... 
My freezing occurs while driving, not in replays... 

This is FPS issues, no matter when they happen. (flashback, replay, race, practice, ...).

pbb76 said:
adrianok said:
Just so that we can get more information, have you tried all the steps laid out in this topic here:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43936/f1-2016-technical-questions-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure to which steps you're refering to. Can you please be more specific?
This I assume...

"...Finally when reporting a bug or asking a question the more information you can provide the more quickly we’ll be able to help. Things like the platform you’re playing on (PS4, PC or Xbox One), the version of the game (this will be shown on the Press Start screen) and which game mode you’re in (Career, Quick Race etc) are very helpful to us but any other information you can provide will also be useful...."

Oh ok, I was a bit misleaded 'cause the link pointed to the last page, my bad.

momorious said:
RafaleD said:

But thats again a different issue, related only in replays... 
My freezing occurs while driving, not in replays... 
Agree, it is definitely realated to a different problem.

Noticed same issue yesterday - just got the game - at certain point on track it drops from 60fps to around 35fps then goes back upto 60fps in a few seconds.

jklondon said:
Noticed same issue yesterday - just got the game - at certain point on track it drops from 60fps to around 35fps then goes back upto 60fps in a few seconds.

Please, report your PC configuration, it could be required by codemaster to track and address the problem.

I dont think my FPS drops - it just literally stops for 1-3 seconds... then fast forwards to speed up.... anyone else?

pbb76 said:
I dont think my FPS drops - it just literally stops for 1-3 seconds... then fast forwards to speed up.... anyone else?
Yes, it stops on my PC as well for 1 sec, but doesn't fast forward to speed up.

adrianok said:
pbb76 said:
So say you are going through a corner - do you get the pause and then after you kind get 'shot' across the track into the wall? As if behind the scenes the game kept running and when the game resumes your car has used your input from those 1-3 seconds.

Hmmm let me explain better... you are approaching the first corner at Monaco say and just before the sharp right, the game pauses for 1-3 seconds, when the game resumes its trying to catch up to where you SHOULD be after that pause, but as you didnt turn into the corner as you should have done, its just pushed your car straight froward and thus, into the wall (instead of you turning right into the corner)

Since the patch update im having severe stuttering too. Im not getting the massive lag some are for 1-3 seconds but more a complete drop on fps/gpu usage and its constant.. Keeps dropping to 1fps!!!!

NVIDIA Control panel on Best performance

Ive tried it on both my rigs and exactly the same issue with different hardware:

Main Rig: GTX 980 SLI (SlI disabled)

Secondary Rig (GTX 980Ti)

I was doing a qualy lap at Suzuka and at sector 2 down the back straight on full throttle i was 0.460 up on my delta.. It then stuttered massively and when the game recovered just towards the end of the straight (still on full throttle) id lost 0.3 of a seconds and was now only 0.1 seconds up!! Extremely annoying..

This needs to be investigated urgently as its making the game basically unplayable at a competitive level

@theblacknight04: Wow, that looks really bad. There is so much variance among users with these issues. I have never experienced the FPS drop issue, I'm always between 70-90 FPS when I do the benchmark. I only experience the stuttering issue where the audio will cut out, then the graphics stutter, resulting in me crashing into a wall or blowing a corner. Actually, the issues are probably related I have never run the FPS monitor for an entire session and will try it later tonight. Maybe my FPS does drop during the stutters. It would make sense. 

If this doesn't get resolved I wonder if there is a way to get our money back through the credit card / bank we used since Steam will not refund. We paid for a working product and if it doesn't work within a reasonable time we should be entitled to refunds or some sort of credit. 

**UPDATE** Ive been troubleshooting what is causing these fps drops and finally figured out what is going on.. The NZXT Cam software is causing the fps drops and spikes.. Exited the program and immediately the issue went away..

Kind of a major issue for me really as I control both my Hue+ with it and control all my radiator fans with the Grid+ too!! Currently trying installing and removing older versions of the software to try find a stable release.

If anyone is running this software be aware that the latest version v 3.1.5 has stability issues with fps and also seems to be creating a lag when ALT TAB in and out of game..

Its probably not Cm fault for this more NZXT issue to resolve.

**UPDATE** Ive been troubleshooting what is causing these fps drops and finally figured out what is going on.. The NZXT Cam software is causing the fps drops and spikes.. Exited the program and immediately the issue went away..

Kind of a major issue for me really as I control both my Hue+ with it and control all my radiator fans with the Grid+ too!! Currently trying installing and removing older versions of the software to try find a stable release.

If anyone is running this software be aware that the latest version v 3.1.5 has stability issues with fps and also seems to be creating a lag when ALT TAB in and out of game..

I dont have any other program running so no other programm can cause the freezes for me

No thats terrible advice - its definitely a CM issue.

I've not got NZXT camera and I doubt many other people with this issue have either.

Keep looking CM!!!!!!

pbb76 said:
adrianok said:
pbb76 said:
So say you are going through a corner - do you get the pause and then after you kind get 'shot' across the track into the wall? As if behind the scenes the game kept running and when the game resumes your car has used your input from those 1-3 seconds.

Hmmm let me explain better... you are approaching the first corner at Monaco say and just before the sharp right, the game pauses for 1-3 seconds, when the game resumes its trying to catch up to where you SHOULD be after that pause, but as you didnt turn into the corner as you should have done, its just pushed your car straight froward and thus, into the wall (instead of you turning right into the corner)

Yes mate, exactly that. It's like FPS drops to 0 for about 1 sec and you find yourself in a wall or in a car right after that.

Dude, it's definetely CM fault, I'm running F1 2016 on a clean Win 8.1 installation, no other SW is running on my PC right now, I've installed only updated driver, nothing else really.

Excuse me Codemaster, but do you care about our problem ?
We have no answer except to read a thread about how to report a bug.
Do you work on a fix ? Do you have an idea of what is wrong ? Do you need more information about this issue ?
Please, juste tell us something. 
I feel completely lost.. I want to play this awesome game !!!

We are looking into this issue at the moment. It would be useful if you could check for other software that is running  (e.g. GeForce Experience or any video capture or profiling software) and try eliminating those as part of the issue. Please post your specs so that we can try and get similar setups here to repeat the problems that you are seeing.

No other software except Steam. This is a fresh Install of Windows 10.

We posted our config on the previous page.
RafaleD 
Platform : PC
Version : 1.2.0
Game Mode : In every mode, in every car, in every track...
Configuration : 
I7 3770
GTX 680MX
8Gb 
1080p
Teknaud
Configuration : 
AMD FX-9370
GTX 1070
16Gb
2560x1080
Lucaand
Configuration : 
i7-4930k 4GHz
2 TITAN X MAXWELL SLI
16Gb
3840x2160
jlp0209
Platform: PC
Version: 1.2.0
Game mode: Every mode
Configuration: i7 6700K, GTX 980 Ti, 16Gb RAM, 2560x1440
Tweaks: Latest Nvidia drivers installed. Running at 120hz refresh instead of native 144. Win 10 AU 1607. Disabled Xbox DVR.