Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

Hoo said:
We are looking into this issue at the moment. It would be useful if you could check for other software that is running  (e.g. GeForce Experience or any video capture or profiling software) and try eliminating those as part of the issue. Please post your specs so that we can try and get similar setups here to repeat the problems that you are seeing.
No other software running in the background, only program is steam.

config:
CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: GTX 1080 @ GeForce 372.54 (F1 2016 GameReady driver, fresh installed after uninstall of previous driver through DDU)
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
MB: Asus Z170-Deluxe with newest bios
Running on an Asus PG348Q 100Hz monitor @ 3440x1440

Problems occurs both either with wheel connection (Fanatec CSW v2) or with controller - both NOT connected through a hub but directly on the back of the MB.

Happens in every game mode and ONLY in F1 2016 so most likely no hardware fault.

Hoo said:
We are looking into this issue at the moment. It would be useful if you could check for other software that is running  (e.g. GeForce Experience or any video capture or profiling software) and try eliminating those as part of the issue. Please post your specs so that we can try and get similar setups here to repeat the problems that you are seeing.
OS                           Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
CPU                        Core i5 4570 @ 3.2Ghz
Graphic card         Gainward Phantom GLH GTX 960 2GB @ GeForce 372.54 (Only display drivers, HD Audio driver and PhysX installed)
Motherboard        Gigabyte GB-H81M-DS2V
System Memory   8GB DDR3
Storage                  Samsung 840 Evo SSD 128GB +  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
Game version       1.2.0 (as shown in the starting game screen)

These are the softwares running in background: Intel rapid storage, Avira free antivirus, Logitech Profiler, Samsung Magician and Steam

OS                           Windows 7 Pro 64bit / Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU                        Core i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz
Graphic card         MSI GeForce 780Ti 3Gb @ GeForce 372.54 (All Drivers Installed)
Motherboard        ASUS Maximus VI Extreme
System Memory   32GB DDR3
Storage                  Plextor M5 Pro SSD 512GB
Sound Card: Creative Zx
on both systems clean install + steam and installed F1 2016

Same issue, dropping FPS from 60-80 down to 0 for ~1 second. It occurs in track, in garage, and during replays as well.

OS                           Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU                        Core i5 44600 3.2 Ghz
Graphic card         MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB (with newest driver)
System Memory   8GB DDR3
Storage                  Western Digital 1TB
Game version       1.2.0

No other program, only steam running in the same time

Well, apparently it only affects Nvidia cards (960, 980Ti, 680Mx, 1080, 1070; Titan X) And we all have the 372.54 

When you say freezes, I am assuming they are actually stutters, Talking to a friend of mine who has 2016, I understand you can set the FPS to unlimited? This being the case, it is one of the worst culprits for the dreaded stutters. have any of you guys tried disabling Vsync and limiting to 60fps in game and applying Vsync to F1 2016 in the Nvidia control panel? So many people strive for ultimate FPS in the hundreds, when in actuality the human eye cannot detect beyond about 22 FPS.

Edit:Would rather smooth as butter at 60FPS than a choppy 150FPS.

Look what my FPS do.... -__-" 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIsEv5ZGU0
54.... 18..... 54.....18

RafaleD said:
Well, apparently it only affects Nvidia cards (960, 980Ti, 680Mx, 1080, 1070; Titan X) And we all have the 372.54 
I have an AMD RX 480 (8Gb model) and also get the stutter as described.

I have now been encountering the issue on a regular basis, despite my previous posts claiming success. I finally made it to the "Race" stage of my first weekend in career mode (since owning from release), and I have to perform a mid-session save every 2 laps, exit game, reload, and I can drive for 2 more laps before needing a restart.

I had have this issue too with my 1080. It happens maybe once every third or fourth lap around Spa, so about once every six minutes. As I like TT mode the most, it's actually pretty game breaking. Have latest drivers etc

andmcq said:
I had have this issue too with my 1080. It happens maybe once every third or fourth lap around Spa, so about once every six minutes. As I like TT mode the most, it's actually pretty game breaking. Have latest drivers etc
Absolutely the truth. This is a game breaking bug, and if it wasn't for the fact that I bleed Formula 1 out of my NGU-H, I'd abandon this game altogether. When it works, the game is stellar, and easily the best installment in the Codemasters' attempt at holding down the F1 franchise in gaming. As it stands, the game is not playable.

Teknaut said:
andmcq said:
Absolutely the truth. This is a game breaking bug, and if it wasn't for the fact that I bleed Formula 1 out of my NGU-H, I'd abandon this game altogether. When it works, the game is stellar, and easily the best installment in the Codemasters' attempt at holding down the F1 franchise in gaming. As it stands, the game is not playable.
Agree.

Wonder how many others like myself are holding back from buying the game till they know this problem has 100% been fixed.  Maybe it wouldn't affect me but I'm not gambling my money to find out.

And if I want to watch a replay, its just impossible, FPS goes down from 80 to 5 or 10, laggy as hell, but when I go back to race, its 80 FPS again, but its still stutters every 4 laps or so.

Stuttering about 5 times per lap for around 1 second. GPU 99% then down to 0%. FPS is around 60-80. Same stuttering issue if graphics settings are all Ultra Low and All Ultra High. CPU is around 50%, RAM is around 50%.

OS                           Windows 10 Home 64 Bit (all latest updates as of 28/Aug/2016)
CPU                        Core i7 x990 @ 3.7Ghz
Graphic card         Nvidia GTX980, drivers 372.54
System Memory   12GB DDR3
Storage                  256GB SSD (OS system) + 256GB SSD (game install)
Wheel                     Thrustmaster T500 with Formula 1 - Firmware 43 - Drivers 2.8.54.0

Game Video set at 1920x1280  - 60 fps - 1 Monitor - AntiAliasing SMAA+TAA - Anisotropic x16

So far have tried:
Disabling all other running processes I can find.
Steam Overlay Turned Off.
Anti-Virus disabled.
GeForce Power Management Set to Maximum Preferred.
Disabled Realtek Audio process.

Testing with Benchmark mode, has a few less stutters but still stutters during run.
Also noticed game menus can be laggy and GPU drops to 0% also.

GPU Temp remains at 60 Celsius throughout. CPU is water cooled no rise in temps.

Any other suggestions?

Very weird.... I have the same issue but very less times... sometimes I can have 100% race without issues or stutters....

Testing using with only keyboard and mouse connected.

Using Graphics - Benchmark Mode, in Rain conditions the stuttering is very high with over 12 drops in one lap.

In the clear conditions is about 1 sometimes none. Menus still having the same issue drop out/lag.

Testing using with only keyboard and mouse connected.

Using Graphics - Benchmark Mode, in Rain conditions the stuttering is very high with over 12 drops in one lap.

In the clear conditions is about 1 sometimes none. Menus still having the same issue drop out/lag.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/29889/any-upcoming-graphics-fixes-coming  
This is regarding F1 2015 and no, the next patch did not fix the problem for me, so I suspect the same problem has just carried over to this year.

Very interested in how this one play's out.

I am having fps issues too how ever mine are in the cut scenes not the race or replay my fps are dropping to below 10 on the cut scenes..surely this is not a pc issue but a game issue as many people with diffrent systems are all experiencing similar issues with fps drop..i can run games that really eat in to my pc and still performe way better...dont get me wrong i really like f1 2016 but not being able to use the game to its full potential is really putting me off 

((I dont have the best pc in the world but it does the job its suposed to....specs to follow)))

Re my post above, I did actually eliminate my stutter problem in F1 2015. Along with disabling Vsync in game and applying Vsync to F1 2015 in the Nvidia control panel, I actually dropped the graphics to medium in game, but I installed a great reshader by "Master Effects". My stutters (rain or dry) went away and the visual quality was excellent.

If I end up running F1 2016, I will be going the same route for sure.

Tried turning on Nvidia V-Sync stuttering in the rain did drop to only 3 times in the lap. But obviously still some issues.

Interesting if anyone of the other Nvidia control panel settings need to be adjusted. Currently I've restored back to the defaults for GTX 980.

Tried turning on Nvidia V-Sync stuttering in the rain did drop to only 3 times in the lap. But obviously still some issues.

Interesting if anyone of the other Nvidia control panel settings need to be adjusted. Currently I've restored back to the defaults for GTX 980.
Do you have your FPS locked at 60 in game?

Refresh rate was set at 60. But I'm guessing that's monitor hertz. Couldn't see anywhere to actually get FPS.
Use FRAPS to see your FPS.

I try to change settings in Nvdia panel, try to change settings and quality in F1 2016 but nothing works.
I'm tired to trying to play this game. I'm giving up

An update on my stutter situation, I finally got to the 1st race day in my career yesterday. Did 38 of 58 laps in Australia and zero stutters or FPS loss. Prior to running the game I thought to uninstall Asus AI Suite (can't believe I didn't do this earlier) so maybe that was contributing to my issues? Prior to yesterday, everything would run perfectly smooth until 30-40 minutes into a race / practice and then horrible stutter. I have G-sync enabled and v-sync enabled in the Nvidia control panel. I have v-sync disabled in game and refresh capped at 119 in game, for what it's worth. I have a suspicion that it was just dumb luck and my stutter will return next time...