DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] Sudden stuttering/framerate drop

Ok, I do a fresh install of Windows 10.

- Install Steam and laucnh the game : NO FREEZE, NO FPS DROPS,!!! (Nvidia Driver 353.24 for now.)
- Install logitech G25 Software : OK
- Install Fraps : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (2.11.4.0) : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (Beta 3.0.5.18) and new driver (372.70) : FPS DROPS... damn.
- Uninstall Geforce Experience : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (2.11.4.0) :  OK

So if you have FPS issues or Freeze, try to uninstall GeForce Experience.
I do that before my fresh install and it doesn't work.
So I can't be sure Geforce Experience is really the problem but try it.
Nnow I can play this fuc**** game. YEAH.
I hope I don't get any other problem.

RafaleD said:
Ok, I do a fresh install of Windows 10.

- Install Steam and laucnh the game : NO FREEZE, NO FPS DROPS,!!! (Nvidia Driver 353.24 for now.)
- Install logitech G25 Software : OK
- Install Fraps : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (2.11.4.0) : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (Beta 3.0.5.18) and new driver (372.70) : FPS DROPS... damn.
- Uninstall Geforce Experience : OK
- Install Geforce Experience (2.11.4.0) :  OK

So if you have FPS issues or Freeze, try to uninstall GeForce Experience.
I do that before my fresh install and it doesn't work.
So I can't be sure Geforce Experience is really the problem but try it.
Nnow I can play this ******** game. YEAH.
I hope I don't get any other problem.

Never had GeForce Experience on my PC for a day of my life, but I still have these stutters/freezes.

I'm really mad with Codemasters. Seriously..... What kind of performance tests are they doing in f1 2016 PC?

My specs:
- 16GB ram
- SSD EVO
- 980 Ti G1 @ 1470 / 8000 - (scores same / more as 1070 @ 2050Mhz)
- T500RS Wheel + SimVIBE 4

Problem: Low FPS performance
- with Ultra settings + SMAA + 16x + No Vsync - i get the following in the RAIN benchmark:
- 29min / 40Avg / 49max - frames @ 2560*1080
- 30min / 41Avg / 50max - frames @ 1920*1080
- 31min / 43Avg / 51max - frames @ 1280*720

If i change settings from ULTRA to High, the Avg frames in Rain will increase to 57.

Already done:
- GameDVR Xbox windows 10 - disabled
- Nvidia drivers updated to latest + clean installation
- Nvidia configuration profile to f1_2016.exe - max performance - Auto thread off, etc (from what ive seen in other threads)
- Disconnecting T500RS (didnt tested this one - i had no idea this was even possible) will try later

Is there a patch announced or does anyone fixed this?
Maybe a controller drivers, or something? It makes no sense.
Even worse, because i've seen a lot of people complaining with this same issue, BUT, ive also seen people with lower specs than me, running with better performance - they have lower CPU and lower GPU.

I'm seriously mad, because i have a full SIM with simvibe and so on and i cant understand the problem in this system when compared to other people.

Thanks a lot to everyone who had the patience to read this.!

I also have sudden FPS drops which almost make the game freeze.

My configuration:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Intel 1150 
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K Quad-Core 3.5GHz 
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SuperClocked 3GB DDR5 384-bit 
HDD: 250GB SSD Samsung Evo 840 SATA 3 + Seagate SSHD 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 3 
OS: Windows 10 x64 Anniversay Update (latest updates installed)
Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 + F1 Ferrari Add-On + T3PA-Pedals 

adrianok said:
Teknaut said:
andmcq said:
I had have this issue too with my 1080. It happens maybe once every third or fourth lap around Spa, so about once every six minutes. As I like TT mode the most, it's actually pretty game breaking. Have latest drivers etc
Absolutely the truth. This is a game breaking bug, and if it wasn't for the fact that I bleed Formula 1 out of my NGU-H, I'd abandon this game altogether. When it works, the game is stellar, and easily the best installment in the Codemasters' attempt at holding down the F1 franchise in gaming. As it stands, the game is not playable.
Agree.

+1

Im moving back to Project Cars. This is not acceptable. Bugs are acceptable, but also a proper reply. There is no feedback at all to these situations. Not only CodeMasters customers are pilots and performance testers, but they also dont get proper reply and support. Yeah right! Then complain about people searching for cracks and buying games in anti denuvo website. Thats anyway what you deserve. Implement proper SLA response times and people will pay your coders. Dont reply to them, and your salaries will be gone in the near future.

I've noticed that a lot of you who are having issues are using Intel CPUs with Hyperthreading (i7's and i3's). Try turning off Hyperthreading in your BIOS to see if that fixes the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't optimised it.

Someone did it. Got 10fps more. Still doesnt make sense. I have a 980 ti and i cant do more than 35fps or so in 1920!!!!

Do you mean to say i need to shutdown , go to bios, change HT, power on again for one single game? Where project cars, Doom 2016, etc run fine? :\ I can try once but i dont think thats the problem. Still, i feel a CM codie now. We're free beta performance testers.

ralfssss said:
I had this problem of low FPS in F1 2015 on each turn I lost 2 FPS so I have change my sitting 3D carde and I have get up the compatibility mod windows 7 ( it was mod wista 64) .
I m not sure but I think the problem come to windows so try differents config of your windows about compatibility . and sure try change your sitting 3D carde and sitting game too . I put 3 days for find good sitting now all game  F1 2015 and 2016 are so good
My problem isn't framerate / FPS. I'm talking about frametime. For some reason I've never experienced low FPS like many people are experiencing. Had a GTX 980 Ti and now using a GTX 1080. At 1440p with my 1080 my FPS minimum is 86 and average is 94. When I crashed last night 12 laps into a race, my FPS was 100-105 during the race and stayed at that rate when it crashed. Frametime is higher than it should be, about 35ms, which can produce visible stutter. Right before the game crashed frametime shot up to 1000ms. That seems to be my problem. Amazing the number of different problems people are having, this has to be right there with poorest optimization among PC games. How can these issues not be noticed before a game releases. Unbelievable. 

jlp0209 said:
ralfssss said:
I had this problem of low FPS in F1 2015 on each turn I lost 2 FPS so I have change my sitting 3D carde and I have get up the compatibility mod windows 7 ( it was mod wista 64) .
I m not sure but I think the problem come to windows so try differents config of your windows about compatibility . and sure try change your sitting 3D carde and sitting game too . I put 3 days for find good sitting now all game  F1 2015 and 2016 are so good
My problem isn't framerate / FPS. I'm talking about frametime. For some reason I've never experienced low FPS like many people are experiencing. Had a GTX 980 Ti and now using a GTX 1080. At 1440p with my 1080 my FPS minimum is 86 and average is 94. When I crashed last night 12 laps into a race, my FPS was 100-105 during the race and stayed at that rate when it crashed. Frametime is higher than it should be, about 35ms, which can produce visible stutter. Right before the game crashed frametime shot up to 1000ms. That seems to be my problem. Amazing the number of different problems people are having, this has to be right there with poorest optimization among PC games. How can these issues not be noticed before a game releases. Unbelievable. 

Just look to my post above. I have a 980 ti and i get the same performance no matter the resolution. Makes no sense. A lot of bugs....

Mesmo após a atualização hoje o meu fps na chuva e em algumas ocasiões no seco continua a 45 e que vão, eu não sei porque quando eu comprei o jogo meu fps estava sempre entre 80 a 85 fps mesmo na chuva fazer não sei pot hoje em dia perdeu 40 fps, e ter um i7 2600k e uma gtx 1070

Even after the update today my fps in the rain and on a few occasions in the dry continues to 45 and ranging, I do not know 'cause just when I bought the game my fps was always between 80 to 85 fps even in the rain do not know pot nowadays lost 40 fps, and have an i7 2600K and a gtx 1070

gusrulz said:
I've noticed that a lot of you who are having issues are using Intel CPUs with Hyperthreading (i7's and i3's). Try turning off Hyperthreading in your BIOS to see if that fixes the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't optimised it.

Do you mean the old "worker-something.cfg.xml.don't know what" error from some past F1-201x is back? I would not be surprised. Posted this Pictures about a week ago:
This was taken during a race in Bahrain, if I remember correctly. I am just to lazy to search for the thread I posted it in this crappy Forum!
Might do a test without HT tomorrow.

Mesmo após a atualização hoje o meu fps na chuva e em algumas ocasiões no seco continua a 45 e que vão, eu não sei porque quando eu comprei o jogo meu fps estava sempre entre 80 a 85 fps mesmo na chuva fazer não sei pot hoje em dia perdeu 40 fps, e ter um i7 2600k e uma gtx 1070

Muito muito muito mau! Tou com o mesmo problema. 4770 com 980 ti G1 OC, e nao tenho mais de 50 frames. Tou dando louco cara!

gusrulz said:

Do you mean the old "worker-something.cfg.xml.don't know what" error from some past F1-201x is back? I would not be surprised. Posted this Pictures about a week ago:
This was taken during a race in Bahrain, if I remember correctly. I am just to lazy to search for the thread I posted it in this crappy Forum!

gusrulz said:

Hum.... That's the same for me on a 980ti !

GPU usage at 100% but... GPU POWER not going above 50%

CPUs don't go above 30% also... I have i7 with HT on

pbb76 said:
It's interesting (and maybe helpful to CM) to note this happens a lot seemingly after the game has been running a while - memory leak? 

Ive had races with 0 stutter, only to move onto the next race and they stuttering to start. 
I would have to agree. This happens after I've been through full practice sessions and a full qualifying, but doesn't quite present itself at the beginning. The problem is similar to the stutters in Forza Apex, wherein even high-end PCs suffer bad stutters and FPS drops after driving for 20 minutes or so.

My Specs:
6700k @ 4.7Ghz
16gb 3200Mhz DDR4
Maximus 8 Hero Z170
Asus Strix GTX 980ti
1tb Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Edit: I think the ocassional FFB and Steering Input loss is tied together with the stutters. But I could be wrong.
I have exactly the same rig as you and I'm experiencing stuttering as well...
Didn't notice that so much before this new patch, after the patch it increased a lot, also really poor fps and stutters when you are inside box and engineer pass you the tablet for setup...
please fix this

would be interested to know how many having this problem are on W10. I now have the game and have set up as per my previous post on this thread and the game is running smooth as butter, dry/wet/practice/quali/100% race at Mel, Sakhir, Shanghai so far. I am on W7. I also have a Sweetfx Reshader installed.

My system: Windows 7 - 64 bit.
                       4690k @ 4.4 o/c
                       Asus Strix GTX970 - 4gig (no o/c)
                       Asus Z97-A MB.
                       16gig Ram @ 1866 Mhz, 9-10-9
                        Sam 500gig SSD (O/S)
                        WD 500gig HDD (game)

on v1.3.0 seems stuttering is same or even worse (had a black screen lockup) rather than the normal 1 second lag/stutter.

Do suspect Windows 10 and DirectX is part of the issue?

Played around last night and noticed that if I set the refresh rate to auto in the game's video settings, I had all kinds of FPS variances and yes, stutters. Although I am interested in whether W10 has anything to do with this problem, I still think this game's graphics needs some optimization same as last year.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 on a spare SSD drive and then installed the latest Nvidia drivers 372.70 (without Nvidia Experience install), then steam and installed F1 2016 again v1.3.0. Letting the game install the latest DirectX 11.1 software during the process.

Default Nvidia control panel settings.
Game set to Ultra High.
Vsync off
Refresh rate 60

Stuttering fixed for me! Game runs smooth no issues at all.

Points of interest: 

- On the Video Benchmark (in rain) the FPS is much lower with DirectX 11 than before. Maximum FPS is only 77.

- Also noted that on the benchmark at the start I now hear Jeff the engineer say "Clutch Out, We're green" which didn't happen on Windows 10 - Directx 12.

So for now, sticking on Windows 7 (SP1). FPS rate is fine and game is smooth. Finally.

I have Windows 10 it would be ridiculous to go back Windows 7 only for a game.... now I know why they implemented flashback mode.... so if you get a stutter and miss a corner...

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 on a spare SSD drive and then installed the latest Nvidia drivers 372.70 (without Nvidia Experience install), then steam and installed F1 2016 again v1.3.0. Letting the game install the latest DirectX 11.1 software during the process.

Default Nvidia control panel settings.
Game set to Ultra High.
Vsync off
Refresh rate 60

Stuttering fixed for me! Game runs smooth no issues at all.

Points of interest: 

- On the Video Benchmark (in rain) the FPS is much lower with DirectX 11 than before. Maximum FPS is only 77.

- Also noted that on the benchmark at the start I now hear Jeff the engineer say "Clutch Out, We're green" which didn't happen on Windows 10 - Directx 12.

So for now, sticking on Windows 7 (SP1). FPS rate is fine and game is smooth. Finally.

hobbsy777 said:
would be interested to know how many having this problem are on W10. I now have the game and have set up as per my previous post on this thread and the game is running smooth as butter, dry/wet/practice/quali/100% race at Mel, Sakhir, Shanghai so far. I am on W7. I also have a Sweetfx Reshader installed.

My system: Windows 7 - 64 bit.
                       4690k @ 4.4 o/c
                       Asus Strix GTX970 - 4gig (no o/c)
                       Asus Z97-A MB.
                       16gig Ram @ 1866 Mhz, 9-10-9
                        Sam 500gig SSD (O/S)
                        WD 500gig HDD (game)

I'm so into this topic that i got a 2nd SSD drive and i went ahead and installed Windows 8.1 on it (not 7).
In 8.1, fresh clean install, only Audio + Nvidia + Steam (and Nvidia i used old ones and new ones) - same performance like Windows 10.

I wonder if this is because of some updates.

When you did Windows 7 fresh install, did you updated anything?
Im starting to wonder that they broke DX somewhere... i dont understand the gap because working setups and non-working setups
I still can go above 31fps in Ultra with 980 Ti maxed @ 1500 / 8000

Same problems here.
My system:
Windows 7 - 64 bit
I5 - 4690
Asus Strix GTX 970 (no o/c)
16 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce Experience is installed*

GPU is running at 100% no matter what settings are being used. While fps is different based on settings (on "high" average fps is 92, gets low as 77, while on "ultra" average is 65, but gets as low as 50). The interesting thing is - I had this stuttering no matter what while in the car (racing), but in the paddock area/ using flashbacks - no stuttering.
I turned vsync ON - obviously FPS is now capped at 60, but there are no more stuttering in the race itself. SADLY - stuttering started to appear in the paddock area and extreme stuttering while using flashbacks. Obviously - this is better than have stuttering while racing, but it is still not optimal. Also GPU is still at 100% usage, while CPU and working memory are not even getting a "sweat".
In the end - obvious problems with game optimization. Hopefully game specific drivers come out and off course - CM can fix these issues from their side.