Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Random Crashing to Desktop [PC]

drb1965 said:
Same thing here but mine shuts down entire pc, can race for 3 or 4 laps but then enter pits and as soon as car stops boom pc crashes

Not good 
Mine is just random. It might alt + tab out for no reason. Or it will just close. Or it will white screen and then close. Was trying to record and then windows had something to tell me so it alt + tabbed. I went back in and the game white screened and crashed (complete force quit with no this program has stopped responding message)

Hello, the game is always crashing to desktop when the game is starting . I read every kind of questions in the forum and i understand that most of the people see the same problem unless they try to fix the problems like me with advices. I thinkCodemasters must do somethings with by patches., because the game have some problems...

Configuration : Specification AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor - Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 16 GBytes - Windows 10 - AMD Radeon R9 200 3072 Mb GDDR5

We've got some leads that we are investigating. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information. 

Excellent - hope you find and solve the issues.
I've really enjoying the time I've spent playing the game, but there is only so many times you can re-play the same few laps (or entering/leaving the pits) before it all crashes to the desktop before you reluctantly have to say it's for all intents and purposes not playable. Am looking forward to getting some serious laps under my belt when its mended!

Game crashes for me too. It seems the situation worsened right after the latest patch

Having similar problems also CTD one time after a qual session in carrier mode just crash nothing that said what problem are, 2 other times it say memory full , last ctd wit memory full where after i looked at the replay from time trial run, i did get a glimpse that said memory full and i could see 11254 of ram then CTD.

It dont happens alot, but thought i could mention it

No problem at all with games below always working
F1 2015/F1 2013  ,Assetto Corsa Project cars, Dirt Rally BF3 and 4

Havin all updated drivers
Win 10 anniversity version
MCaffe antivirus
MSI afterburner

FX8350 OC to 4,5
Asus sabertooth 990 v2
16 gb/ram
Amd R9 390 8gb
logitech g920

Hey, I too have been having this issue but it's now resolved. I have a 980Ti and since updating to the latest video drivers from nvidia it's closed randomly and performance in other things has been worsened. 

It was fixed by downgrading to the 368.81 drivers from nvidia. Let me know how you get on...

Well my game crashing is different. I'm able to drive laps in quick race etc, but for the life of me cannot get a career game to start without crashing back to desktop right after I've selected the team I'm going to use. Any ideas what this bug is?

At the end... I solved the problem :wink: 
1- Uninstall your graphic card driver files.
2- Install it again (but the last vers)
3-Open steam.exe and find the "F12016" written on your game library and right click.
4-Choose options
5-Choose 3rd part, up of the window (It must be in english "local files")
6-and choose the 4th options (It must be in english " verify the integrity of the game's cache"
It's finding the troubled files which were not  downloaded corrcetly and fix it.
That's all....

If I have Citrix receiver running/loaded, the game will suddenly minimize to the task bar. I used to have problems with Race Factor 2 if either Skype or Citrix were running. I haven't noticed the problem with F1 2016 with Skype, but I can get F1 to minimize EVERY time I have Citrix running in the background. 

Could we please have an update on this issue? I'm currently unable to play the game, have tried all suggestions and uninstalled the game completely and re-installed. 

Currently my game will just close when loading into any session just as you get the 'close settings' options etc

Cravgar said:
Could we please have an update on this issue? I'm currently unable to play the game, have tried all suggestions and uninstalled the game completely and re-installed. 

Currently my game will just close when loading into any session just as you get the 'close settings' options etc
Did you try this?

At the end... I solved the problem wink 
1- Uninstall your graphic card driver files.
2- Install it again (but the last vers)
3-Open steam.exe and find the "F12016" written on your game library and right click.
4-Choose options
5-Choose 3rd part, up of the window (It must be in english "local files")
6-and choose the 4th options (It must be in english " verify the integrity of the game's cache"
It's finding the troubled files which were not  downloaded corrcetly and fix it.
That's all....

Hi all, once patch 1.3.0 is out can you give this a go again and let me know if you're still seeing the same problem please.

If you are I think we'll need to get crash dumps from anyone still seeing this problem to try to figure out what's going on. Hopefully if it is still present it's one issue affecting you all which we can try to fix quickly but just knowing that it crashes on your PC isn't much to go on I'm afraid.

Still having this issue. tried it with my friends just after the patch and it still crashes. Nothing in Qualifying or Practice,  but then when in race it crashes.

Still happening for me. Random crash to desktop during the game. How do we get the crash dump you're looking for? It just returns me to the desktop with no error.

Still happening for me. Random crash to desktop during the game. How do we get the crash dump you're looking for? It just returns me to the desktop with no error.
Same here, just crashes at seemingly random points for me - in menus, multiplayer, career, time trial ... basically cant play at the moment for more than 15mins at a time if im lucky :-(

Hi there,
I am also experiencing the same issues, random crash when I load my saved game. I lowered the graphics to the lowest and still the game crashes, I removed the xbox control and still the same result.

System Specs
GTX 750Ti
i7 4790k
16gb ram
Windows 10 PRO 64 bit with 120 GB SSD

I looked that the game always freezes for one second and returns to run for 3 seconds and crash to the desktop. I played now and happened some 5 times in Canada , it is terrible , I'm playing Project Cars and does not happen so.

I have patch 1.3.1 and I'm affected by this random crashing issue. How do I send you my crash dump? 
The game only crashes in the race - I can play practice and qualifying with no issues, but in the race, it crashes to the desktop. 

If you need my PC specs let me know, but I suspect the crash dump would be more useful.