Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Random Crashing to Desktop [PC]

Hello, my game is now crashing to desktop every time I try to play. I got about 2 hours in at Melbourne on career mode previously, then installed the windows 10 anniversary update, and now i can't start a race without the game crashing.

edit/ After uninstalling / reinstalling geforce experience and downloading the latest drivers it looks like I'm no longer crashing.

I gave up and asked Steam for a full refund. Codemasters seems to be ignoring this issue, which is fine with me, I'll ignore the game and get my money back.

Validating the games cache seems to stop the crashing to desktop from the ingame menu's for me. 
Takes a while though :neutral:

KreeZiE said:
Validating the games cache seems to stop the crashing to desktop from the ingame menu's for me. 
Takes a while though :neutral:
  For me only works the first time when I return to play the problem appears

cmourajr said:
I looked that the game always freezes for one second and returns to run for 3 seconds and crash to the desktop. I played now and happened some 5 times in Canada , it is terrible , I'm playing Project Cars and does not happen so.
take a look here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/222749/#Comment_222749

Hi D4rio, are you saying it works with no USB devices plugged in at all? How would we actually play the game? Or are you suggesting to launch it with none plugged in and then plug them in?

If you have crash dumps then please upload them somewhere and send me a link and I'll take a look at them.

@NexusCanada
you should try to unplug one device at a time (besides the controller obviously) and check whenever the game stops crashing. This will help you to find the "culprit".
In case the game keeps crashing repeat the test, there might be more than one device that make it crash.

I find solution. Try this:
Disable Steam Cloud for the game.
Makes more Trouble (at least for F1-201x) as it has Advantage.

Make a backup of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<SteamID>\391040".
Delete the "391040" Folder.

Make a backup of "C:\Users\<WindowsAccount>\Documents\My Games\F1 2016".
Delete the "F1 2016" Folder.

Verify the steam Cache again.

Uninstall graphic driver and reboot your PC
Install new graphic driver and reboot your PC
Go to
steamapps\common\F1 2016\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012

Open the file:
- vcredist_x64 (if you have 64 bit system)

-vcredist_x86 (if you have 32 bit system)

Uninstall, reboot your system and install again.

Lozzy said:
If you have crash dumps then please upload them somewhere and send me a link and I'll take a look at them.
 Hello , follow the link crash dumps:
https://we.tl/Aqwd6fCP5T

Tried unplugging USB devices but it didnt help. Here is the crash dump - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65966405376584025382

@cmourajryour crash is in Direct Input so that suggests a device you're using / have plugged in is the problem.

@NexusCanada I'm being told your file contains a virus or malware when I try to download it :(. Try another host perhaps.

@VasuGoud look at this very helpful post by @EnsiFerrum http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/219098/#Comment_219098

@Lozzy Thanks, I'll try but I hope the problem is not with the logitech G27 because beyond just mouse and keyboard are connected.

Hi @cmourajr I've sent your DXDiag on to our PC experts and the tell me your graphics are the problem "Intel HD 4000 is way below min spec". I'm afraid you're almost certainly not going to be able to run the game on that laptop(?). You could try changing the graphics pre-sets to Ultra Low but I don't think even that will work, sorry.

Hello @Lozzy, this is not my graphics card " HD 4000"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 2.80GHz
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
HDD 2tb seagate

DXDiag
https://we.tl/KqiQG9XVt5

@NexusCanada @Zartrek
You both guys have an issue related to the module nvwgf2umx.dll .
From what i can understand this is an NVIDIA directx10 module (strangely i don't have such file on my pc but still i got an nvidia card too).

Google suggests to disable ShadowPlay (through nvidia geforce experience), my secondary advice is to try to reinstall the vga drivers.

@VasuGoud
A memory corruption error has occurred. Since the error has been raised by the F1 2016 executable i suggest you to run a file integrity check via steam (right click on f1 2016 -> properties -> local files -> check game files integrity). 
If this doesn't work then i'm afraid you may have a faulty RAM memory. There are lots of diagnostics software you can use to find out where the problem is.

D4rio said:
@VasuGoud
A memory corruption error has occurred. Since the error has been raised by the F1 2016 executable i suggest you to run a file integrity check via steam (right click on f1 2016 -> properties -> local files -> check game files integrity). 
If this doesn't work then i'm afraid you may have a faulty RAM memory. There are lots of diagnostics software you can use to find out where the problem is.

I play quite a few other games and haven't seen a crash in them at all. Also think RAM memory problem should give me general windows crashes also.

Must be something  related to F1 2016 App. Will try files integrity verification.

But if its run time crash happening due to dynamic memory mis-handling, i doubt integrity verification would help.

Shadowplay wasnt running but I did disable Geforce Experience. I also tried a fresh driver install but no luck.

Here is the latest crashdump - https://we.tl/wBWSQGQbJX

memory corruption error here too.

Since i can't believe both of you have the same RAM problem i suggest to post your dxdiag files and send them to Lozzy... a direct CM developer help is needed here.