Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Random Crashing to Desktop [PC]

VasuGoud said:
One more happened just now.

https://we.tl/Xu7kTq9BrS
D4rio said:
Shadowplay wasnt running but I did disable Geforce Experience. I also tried a fresh driver install but no luck.

Here is the latest crashdump - https://we.tl/wBWSQGQbJX

memory corruption error here too.

Since i can't believe both of you have the same RAM problem i suggest to post your dxdiag files and send them to Lozzy... a direct CM developer help is needed here.

DxDiag @Lozzy @D4rio

https://we.tl/Y82aVqe8Wu

@D4rio, I'm playing without a mouse and has so far been three races without crashing to the desktop, I do not even celebrate but seems to have solved.

@Lozzy
Can you guys do something about this? i keep having 2-3 crashes every day.

At-least give me a workaround you know.

cmourajr said:
@D4rio, I'm playing without a mouse and has so far been three races without crashing to the desktop, I do not even celebrate but seems to have solved.
just for curiosity, what mouse do you have? Mine is Microsoft X3 and it makes the game crash as well

@D4rio, i have a microsoft sidewinder gaming mouse.
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-HKA-00001-SideWinder-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B000TTQFIS

mmh that's interesting, so this could mean that this issue may occur with Microsoft peripherals only? 

D4rio said:
mmh that's interesting, so this could mean that this issue may occur with Microsoft peripherals only? 
  I'm thinking so

@NexusCanada i think your problem is slighty different to ours... i mean the effect is the same (the game crashes) but the cause is different

Not sure if my problem was the same as everyone here, but in case it helps someone, what finally worked for me was to stop the "TabletInputService" under the Services Tab in the Task Manager before I start the game. As long as this service is not running, I can play without any crashes. If I forget to do this before I start F1 2016, the game crashes after 1-2 races.

-Note that if you open Windows 10's onscreen keyboard, "TabletInputService" will automatically start running again and you will have to stop the service again.

Here also crashes to desktop.

I tried a lot and i recognized that the game runs good, but when i put in the usb from my steering wheel the game starts to lag and within a minute it crashes. 

Codemasters.... to many people have problems with the game, it's time to solve them!!!

Hi guys, the 1.5 patch does include some crash fixes so I'm hopeful that will fix a lot of the issues you're seeing. That's going to take a day or two to get out on PC while we figure out an issue with voice communication not working at all. Once that's out we'll take stock of what's still happening and go from there.

Thank you for your patience.

@Lozzy , me and @D4rio have a similar problem , the game only works if unplugging the microsoft mouse. Yesterday I started a test with logitech mouse and not crash the game, if plug the mouse microsoft the game crash to desktop.

@VasuGoud all I can see is that it's D3D that's crashing, have you made sure all your drivers are up to date?

cmourajr said:
@Lozzy , me and @D4rio have a similar problem , the game only works if unplugging the microsoft mouse. Yesterday I started a test with logitech mouse and not crash the game, if plug the mouse microsoft the game crash to desktop.
I believe that should have been fixed in patch 1.5.0. Has that not worked for you?

Lozzy said:
cmourajr said:
I believe that should have been fixed in patch 1.5.0. Has that not worked for you?
I change my microsoft mouse, I am now using the mouse Logitech to four days and the game does not crash to desktop, I can not tell if the patch 1.5.0 solved that problem , sorry.

@Lozzy  it seems like it... i just went through 3 full race sessions and 3 game restarts without a single crash. Let's see if @cmourajr can confirm this as well.

For now, thank you for the fix and for listening to us :) 

I was having no problems with the game been playing over a week, until today, after latest windows update game crashes when race section of career mode starts, I've tried running game with mouse, keyboard and controller all plugged in and removed in varous crossovers but to no avail.  Bit strange it's failing after update. Patch 1.5.0 installed yesterday and game played, but not today.

@daveash check you're still got an up to date graphics driver, it seems Windows Update is installing old signed drivers.

cheers Lozzie, checked and it had installed old drivers, updated direct from Nvidia, Also changed game pad from MS X box controler to
XEOX, gone back to my old logitech wireless mouse and advent wireless keypad. I'll give the game a go later and update to let you all know if it worked

This seems to be everytime GeForce Experience installs or updates drivers for me. I need it to record.

I assume the development testing is not done with actual driver installations - I think CM is to blame here as this happens on AMD as well.