DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Random Crashing to Desktop [PC]

This is not a fix, I wish people would stop posting stuff that doesn't work.

It's been posted before. But the more I read about all the problems with this game it is with shaders and framesync.

RMKIP455 said:
No help for me, thanks!  Changed to low, CTD then set everything to low,... CTD
THANKS anyway,
Sad to see that it didn't work for you :(
This is not a fix, I wish people would stop posting stuff that doesn't work.

It's been posted before. But the more I read about all the problems with this game it is with shaders and framesync.
Well I understand your point of view, but changing this setting absolutely solved my problem... The game was unplayable for me, every time I started a race in career mode... CTD... a quick race... CTD... Since then absolutely 0 crash. The game is stable as it should have been from the beginning. And if I try with PARTICLES on ULTRA the game crashes again after 2 minutes... Doesn't make sense !!

I know each system is different... but I wanted to help because it worked for me and could also work for someone else. I believe it's graphics or DirectX related. I tried to change each setting one by one until I eventually found the problem. And it only happened when I lowered PARTICLES and after I disabled GeForce Experience for the game.

Best,
Davy

Lozzy said:
RMKIP455 have a look here and send me a crash dump and DXDiag via a private message.

Lozzy anything yet on my issues?  You pointed it D-Box or Motion as a possible issue.  I do have the Next Level Racing  Motion setup.  However, if when never turned on I still have the same crash.

Hope you can help me soon.  I've also contacted NLR support and they're looking into it.
Thanks again... RKip

As I think I said I've only seen this crash once before and unfortunately I was unable to help that particular person with the problem.

Can you tell me when you see the crash? Is it loading in to a specific track or while racing for example?

I have the same problem. Fed up with this now. This needs fixing by Codemasters. I'm asking for a refund from Steam.

Lozzy said:
As I think I said I've only seen this crash once before and unfortunately I was unable to help that particular person with the problem.

Can you tell me when you see the crash? Is it loading in to a specific track or while racing for example?

Hello Lozzy, Game loads fine, select race mode, say quick race (tried time trail and career, same issue) all  the cars load... in quick race, I can jump the start and drive fine... Once the other cars move, the game locks and crashes.

Career, it crashes in garage before having a chance to even move

Llozzy, please resend the message, I somehow was unable t see it... When I clicked my message, I received and errr stating I did not have prestissimo do that.... Weird.

Anyway, I still cannot play the game

Thanks.... RKip

I have a new Logo for Codemasters.

This error is so cool. This error comes random. I like it, the last 2 years i like this error.

And i have GTX 780TI. Mem is 24GB RAM and an i5 Prozessor. And the best... Only the fucking Codemaster Games are crashing.

We are 8 people with different hardware new and old. Who all bought F1 2016 on steam to play yesterday.
All of us could load the game and configure our wheels. We startet a server and invited everybody. We used one-shot qualifying and at that exact moment where the control is handed over to player 3 games crashed to desktop. No warnings no freeze no dump just back to desktop... we tried everything in this thread nothing helped any of the 3 player.
We tried a new server without qualifying. Since everybody could do a full lap in timetrial mode.
we raced for two laps - and at that exact moment where one of the 3 players crossed the line for the second time all 3 problem games CTD. Even though they were different places on the track. 3 games out of 8!! Synchronious CTD. Very very very bad statistics. Different hardware crash exact same time. During qualifying or when one crosses the finish line for the second time....
We decided to go back to F1 2014 which havent been a problem to any of us earlier. And guess what! The game wouldn't start - crash to desktop. Not just for the 3 players with F1 2016 issues. But a problem for 7 out of 8!!! A reboot fixed it though for everybody. But what is wrong with 2016. It also affects the stability of F1 2014!!!  has it even been tested before release??
Codemasters fix the issues please. They have obviously been there since the beginning. It cant be rocket science for since you developed the game... Just do it to show your support to your loyal F1 players. Thanks

I disabled Dynamic Hair and no more crash after that. Can this be it? Maybe a solution. Just wanted to let you know guys.

Halukbay said:
I disabled Dynamic Hair and no more crash after that. Can this be it? Maybe a solution. Just wanted to let you know guys.
How do you disable? My options are just low or high. Do you mean set to low?

Yes you are right. Dynamic hair low. Sorry for confusion but since then no crash for me. Texture streaming is also set to low by the way.

I solved my issue by fixing the nvidia driver mismatch in win10. 
Some users experience difference in driver version in 'apps' in win10 and version in 'about' in the driver. If that is tour case go to device handling and unistall display driver. And then download the newest from nivia and install that. 

Strange, mine has started crashing to the desktop last week, never had a problem before, load game from steam, as soon as the bloke starts talking on the menu, game minimizes to desktop, click on icon, message appears f1 2016 executable has stopped. I have tried installing it again, no joy.

Running windows 10, latest update, Msi 1080 x card, latest nvida drivers. 

Edit, found the fix latest version of Riva Tuner caused the problem, rolled back, no more crashes. 

Hi, my game crashes everytime when i play with racing steer after 3 to 4 laps, but i tried the same race with keyboard and had no issues at all. So i think that's the problem, and i'd like to play with steer but i don't know how to fix it. 

my setup:
msi 1060 gaming x 6gb, i5 7600k, 2x8 gb ram, msi z270 sli plus. Bought this setup 3 weeks ago and every other game works perfectly.

I have been playing F1 2016 for the PC in career mode just fine until I got to the Belgium race, free practice 1. The game goes to load to the laptop part of the game but crashes to desktop before loading is complete. After following the advice on here and steam forums I was still getting the same issue. I have now discovered that if  unplug my xbox 360 controller then it will load normally and let you continue. If I plug it back in then it crashes to desktop.

I have also tried this with and xbox one controller too and the same thing happens. I cast it through NVIDIA Shield and go to use that controller and I get the same issue.

I have installed the game on three other PC's and get the same problem.

I can play this track in time trial etc with none of these issues.

Is there anything else I can do? as I would like to progress but can't and it's annoying me a bit. 

I recently installed F1 2016 for the first time and it's running great. The only problem is, that as soon as I need to give a response to the "pit changing strategy", the game crashes. as soon as I confirm or cancel the strategy, the sound goes blank for a few seconds. the screen freezes and nothing works anymore.

My setup is:
i7 3770k, GTX680, 16GB ram, Asus sabertoot Z77

I’ve been the last two years trying to understand why F12015, F12016 even  F12017 was crashing without any reason apparently, after trying many  “solutions”, I've done some research about graphics cards and how they work. I even Reset my PC in the process but it doesn't work, it was just frustrating, reinstall many programs games and lots of stuff, see my friends on steam playing without any problem through months, it was sad to believe. 
But my research has come to an end, at least for Nvidia Graphics cards owners, I don't know if you can apply some of this on AMD graphics cards, I hope so.
So in the link, you can find the settings in Nvidia Control Panel that allowed me to play the F1 series again, hope you can too. 
If it worked for you hit me an e-mail just for me to know that my effort worthed for you, and if you want, please make a donation on Paypal, I want to buy 2 copies of F1 2017 (1€ is enough.) ihnder@gmail.com
Your Community Friend, Ihndia 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzo6vx2f86YBei1nMmN1a3ZhVVE