Sign in to follow this  

Mirror signalled in a patch, nice manoeuvre Codemasters

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-autosport-a-note-on-future-content/

Good to read about the confirmed future inclusion of a virtual mirror (PC at least).  Now we need the 'chat' :)

Very good news indeed. I am really happy that advanced controller option will be available to all controller types as well. Thank you Codemasters!

This is a most needed update.  I have a high end PC and would like to be able to utilize this feature.  Maybe even utilize this in second screen.

YES. Sounds awesome. I hope we will have it in chase cam too. Next stop: Text chat. 

Please.

sucr4m said:
YES. Sounds awesome. I hope we will have it in chase cam too. Next stop: Text chat. 

Please.
we should make a party lol we made a change on the game well done to all!! :D

yeah control settings for gamepad etc will eb included too... very good.. and some point to point tracks maybe from grid 2 like cote d azure and california.... lets see.. :)

yeah control settings for gamepad etc will eb included too... very good.. and some point to point tracks maybe from grid 2 like cote d azure and california.... lets see.. :)
you say cote d' azur and i think about the track, point to point of need for speed porsche lol

Guys don't be so excited, this virtual rearview mirror is exclusive to PC. Once again, console players are left in the dark.

wicken said:
Guys don't be so excited, this virtual rearview mirror is exclusive to PC. Once again, console players are left in the dark.
Comes down to console limits I'm afraid, it'd have a significant effect on frame rate and the like. 
Control settings are also there for keyboard :)

Great stuff, finally step 1 

Hope we will see step 2 soon in the next patch  :  Decent cockpits

Seriously though, it's about time that the PC version get's things it should have had, but didn't get because of the consoles limitations.

HoiHman said:
Great stuff, finally step 1 

Hope we will see step 2 soon in the next patch  :  Decent cockpits

Seriously though, it's about time that the PC version get's things it should have had, but didn't get because of the consoles limitations.
Dont kid yourself, there's no chance of that. It was a design decision made early on in the process; they knew they weren't going to have enough time and framerate overhead in the last gen consoles, so they skipped it and focused on other aspects.

Its not like they already modeled highly detailed cockpits, then just decided to put in extreme low poly versions in game. The fact is, most of the car were taken from Grid 2 which of course had no detailed cockpit. They around a year to make a brand new game using mostly old Grid 2 assets, and personally i think they have done a great job, with the time and resources available.

Now for the next game, you can almost guarantee excellent quality cockpit due to the criticism of Autosport. It'll be on the next gen EGO engine, and they will have had much longer to work on it.

Could you please lower the chances of racing on reverse tracks in a patch?

What about an option to turn that s*** off btw too, for SP at least?

@Hola

We've made / making some changes to multiplayer playlists

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-autosport-multiplayer-playlist-changes/