Sign in to follow this  

F1 2016 camber/toe settings

I find the way the camber and toe settings are described in F1 2016 confusing.

They are labelled min to max but as I understood it, maximum camber is with the sliders to the left, so -3.50 which the game labels min. Same with the rear, am i correct in thinking the maximum lean inwards of the wheels is to set it at -2.00, all the way to the left even tho the game says min at this setting which sort of implies its the minimum camber. I'm assuming they are just using the min and max to describe the slider, not specifically what it changes on the car. 

Also, with the toe settings, i'm reading it that all the way to the right with the front toe is maximum toe out of the front wheels for sharper turning response and all the way to the right with the rear toe is maximum toe in and so best for stability as the games description says.

I just feel the description on what exactly the sliders do and which direction to go in could be improved a little.

Correct. Most negative camber (top of the tyres lean towards the car) is left on the slider. Most toe out/in for the front/rear respectively is right on the slider.

jonnow said:
I just feel the description on what exactly the sliders do and which direction to go in could be improved a little.

Yeah, I agree. Toe in/out makes sense because to the right increases it but I feel the camber is backwards. Technically going from -1 -> -2 is decreasing, but it is increasing the negative camber in my mind.

It's one of those quirks in racing I guess you could say. It's understood that an instruction for "more camber" (at least for forms of motorsport that are entirely on pavement) means more negative camber but of course the number is technically decreasing.

wouldn't it be nice for CM to have the right-hand picture of your car  during setups SHOW the camber,toe in changing, perhaps a graphic and arrow and degree... 
OR be able to get out of the car, look close at it, and still be able to change things whilst looking at it.
tell me I'm dreaming.... roll on F1 2025.

I think these settings confuse so many people in the Codemasters F1 series, even top guys

For example, a lot of setups I see online run the rear toe settings all the way to the left, stating that this is for best stability and traction but from how I read the in game information, moving the setting to the right increases the amount of toe in and stability.

For toe settings:
You are restricted to toe-out on the front and toe-in on the rear so as to make it less confusing with a slider style setup adjustment. So right on the slider increases toe, left decreases it.

@jonnow so for rear toe, left (decreasing toe) would offer a little bit more traction at a cost of slight loss of stability while cornering. It would also decrease tyre temps and wear. Naturally, right (increasing toe) would be the opposite.