Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wet qualifying messed up

Hi,

had some issues with the ai for wet qualifying sessions for whatever reason you usually end up with 3/5 drivers not having set a time.  Also the ones that do seem to act like a dry run and do 1 or 2 laps then pit in which is not how teams would approach a wet session where they'd fuel up to pretty much run the full session and keep the cars circling hoping to catch the right moment.

This was on PC version 1.02 and in career mode.  Track this happend at was China this effected all three sessions.

I had a similar problem.  In my first career qualifying (Australia) 8 of 9 AI didn't post a time in Q3.  I was racing for Haas on Medium difficulty.  The weather was rainy for Q1 and Q2 (and the AI acted normally during those sessions), but the track began to dry during Q3.  I did my first few laps on Intermediate tires.  Daniel Riccardo also posted a time on intermediate tires.  I think a few other cars came out, but would only do a reconnaissance lap and return to the pits without posting a time.  Towards the end of the session I put on Supersofts and posted a much faster time on the mostly dry track.  I expected the AI to come out and do the same, but none did.  I ended in pole with Daniel Riccardo behind me and everyone else not posting a time.  

This was on PC with Windows 10. I'm unsure of the version number, but this happened within days of the game being released on Steam.  I may have restarted the session once and probably used a flashback or two.  (I don't know if those details matter).

I have to say that I am extremely happy with the game and thought I would report this minor glitch.  Thank you for making it so enjoyable.