Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After completing a FP2 session at Monaco in F1 2016 Career Mode,the game crashes (PC) (1.2.0)

As the title says,after completing the Free Practice 2 session,the game was loading for the Free Practice 3,when...the game stopped to load and crashed.
I immediately thought about some files getting corrupted,so I did a "Steam verify integrity of game cache",but the game still refused to load my Career and I couldn't do quick races too.
After that,i thought that maybe the problem was caused by a bad installing of the Nvidia drivers (I installed the 372.54 WHFL yesterday),so I uninstalled them completely and then I did a fresh install of my previous GPU drivers.But the game still doesn't allow me to play at all.
Can you please help me? I'm really afraid of losing my career,it was going so well... :(

I'm also experiencing the same crashing in career mode at Monaco FP2. It crashes every time when trying to start the Qualifying Pace programme or trying to save mid-session.

Detailed Specs:
CPU: i7 4770K  @ 4.2GHz (OC)
Mobo: Maximus Hero VI
GPUs, 2x Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti (Ghz Edn) SLI
RAM: 16GB HyperX Black @ 1600MHz
PSU: AX1200i
SSDs: 840 Evo 120 GB (S:) Game dir
850 Evo 500GB (C:) OS
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Additional (You never know what might cause a issue):
Keyboard: K95 RGB
Mouse: G502
Controller: Official Wired Xbox 360
Headset: Steelseries H

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF9E2B7370 (ntdll.dll) in F1_2016.exe: 
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Faulting application name: F1_2016.exe, version: 1.0.28.6855, time stamp: 0x57b6f50f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000037370
Faulting process ID: 0x23d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fc24a1319756
Faulting application path: S:\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\F1_2016.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Lozzy said:
@marcolo13  Can you post your PC specs please?

Sorry,I forgot to write them...
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700K 3,50 GHz
RAM:12 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)
Motherboard:MS-7826 (Kaili)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB (where the game is installed)

F1 2016 was running in medium/high details at 60-65 fps,before this problem happened.

Update: The game doesn't start anymore from 2 hours. I tried everything,but the result is always the same. 
I click the "Play" button on the Steam library,a black screen appears and 5 seconds after I get redirected to the desktop and the game crashes. 
I'm both confused and worried,I hope this isn't a big problem to fix...

marcolo13 said:
Where did you find the crash log? I couldn't find it anywhere...
First two lines was from debugging the crash in Visual Studio. The rest can be found in an Application Error report in the Windows Event Viewer.

Amith211 said:
marcolo13 said:
Where did you find the crash log? I couldn't find it anywhere...
First two lines was from debugging the crash in Visual Studio. The rest can be found in an Application Error report in the Windows Event Viewer.

There isn't nothing in WEV about the crash...so strange

So,I have some good news.
Thanks to Windows Backup,I was able to restore the game in the situation of  2 days ago (when I could go into the main menu,but I couldn't do quick races or Career mode) and it's not the only good thing.
After a lot of searching,I've found a crash dump about the last crash+an info.txt that shows other information about it and I also got a Dxdiag.
Can this be useful for you, @Lozzy ?

Anyway,I uploaded here my crash dump,every help is appreciated :)
https://mega.nz/#!09QSDZaI!Kq3PDhlXOZICL2yA-646c0XUf2XW8bU20btabjVc1Ko

@Amith211 ,it looks like we have the same problem,looking to my and your crash dump,but your seems caused by a bad installation of the Nvidia drivers.Did you try to reinstall them?

Do a proper uninstall and then a clean install of the Nvidia drivers - do not just upgrade.

Both of your problems on first glance look like an Nvidia driver problem. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the old driver and clean off the remnants of the (even) older drivers and components. Then and only then, install the latest drivers.

ThoRapster said:
Do a proper uninstall and then a clean install of the Nvidia drivers - do not just upgrade.

Both of your problems on first glance look like an Nvidia driver problem. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the old driver and clean off the remnants of the (even) older drivers and components. Then and only then, install the latest drivers.
I've already done that 2 times this morning,but the game is still crashing.
These are the steps that I did:
-Using DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall the driver
-After rebooting in Windows,using CCleaner to search and resolve any problems of the registry
-Doing a clean installation of the Nvidia drivers.
Did I do anything wrong?

marcolo13 said:

ThoRapster said:

-After rebooting in Windows,using CCleaner to search and resolve any problems of the registry
Did I do anything wrong?
Probably using CCleaner isn't the wisest tool to use and that may well be the culprit...but that's another topic...

However, you can back up your career progress! Go to:

...\STEAM\userdata\xxxxxxxx\391040\remote

and backup the contents. This is your save game(s) and other settings.

Rapster said:
marcolo13 said:

ThoRapster said:

Did I do anything wrong?
Probably using CCleaner isn't the wisest tool to use and that may well be the culprit...but that's another topic...

However, you can back up your career progress! Go to:

...\STEAM\userdata\xxxxxxxx\391040\remote

and backup the contents. This is your save game(s) and other settings.

Thanks!
So what do you think I should do now? Reinstalling the entire game?

@marcolo13 - please can you try this again and confirm what behaviour you are getting at the moment - are you able to boot to the main menus, but the game crashes when attempting to load into a track?

Is this the same for all game modes?

If nothing works for you then please PM me your Steam ID and we'll investigate further. To get your Steam ID, just click on "View Profile" in Steam and then you will see the address bar display a URL that looks a bit like this: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198238458237. The Steam ID is those numbers in the URL.

@Amith211 - we think your issue is related to http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44715/ps4-career-mode-crash-in-fp3-when-attempting-to-run-quali-pace-test%20-%20latest. We are investigating some leads with that issue.

Hoo said:

@marcolo13 - please can you try this again and confirm what behaviour you are getting at the moment - are you able to boot to the main menus, but the game crashes when attempting to load into a track?

Is this the same for all game modes?

If nothing works for you then please PM me your Steam ID and we'll investigate further. To get your Steam ID, just click on "View Profile" in Steam and then you will see the address bar display a URL that looks a bit like this: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198238458237. The Steam ID is those numbers in the URL.

Yes,I confirm it.I can boot to main menus,but the game crashes when I try to load a track in career mode,quick races,time trial mode and benchmark mode.
I'll PM you in a moment

Hoo said:
@Amith211 - we think your issue is related to http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44715/ps4-career-mode-crash-in-fp3-when-attempting-to-run-quali-pace-test%20-%20latest. We are investigating some leads with that issue.
@Hoo Thanks for the update.

I can confirm that I have already done a clean reinstall (using DDU) of the display driver to no avail.
As a temporary workaround I was able to simply skip both FPs 2 and 3 and continue without a problem. I managed to complete the programs in the next weekend (Canada) without any problems.

I have my save files from Monaco, if that's of any help to you.
What else can I provide to help? Is my SteamID useful in this situation?

Cheers

We'd love you to send us your save file. Could you zip it for us and send it over to f1beta@codemasters.com if you can?

jennyannem said:
We'd love you to send us your save file. Could you zip it for us and send it over to f1beta@codemasters.com if you can?
I have plenty of save files. Can I zip them all and send them to your e-mail address?

marcolo13 said:
jennyannem said:
I have plenty of save files. Can I zip them all and send them to your e-mail address?
Yeah, sure. Please do!

Save files have been sent.