Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS4 Multiplayer issues: SC problems & AI Cars

I'm planning on running some leagues on F1 2016 and this evening held our first 100% race to test the game. My replay is below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3uv51XQeTM

One main problem we faced was the SC. When deployed, it doesn't always wait to pick up the leader and could be half a lap around the track before the field caught up with it. Some drivers also mentioned they were held behind the SC when they should have been able to overtake. This meant the field would not bunch up very quickly. Also, at the end of our first safety car, the 'SC in this lap' notice happened very late and the SC did not pull into the pits, then on the pit straight the SC accelerated and the leader's car went into automatic mode for a lap at a very slow speed (This takes place around 36 minutes)

Another issue I found was people retiring whilst on track. Cars would be taken over by an AI driver. I know this is supposed to be a feature of the game, so if you disconnect you can rejoin, but I believed this would only last for a few minutes. We had people leave in the first few laps and their AI counterparts stayed for the whole race. It really messed up the race for a lot of people and is something we would not want during league racing, the AI cars would not adhere to blue flags, but would also be very slow on the racing line through corners which caused a few broken wings (it would be great to turn this feature off). This happened to people who retired on track, as well as people who disconnected from the race. 

Also during the race my engineer asked about strategy, and whilst he did the main audio was lowered. After he finished speaking the main audio volume did not return to normal. I was also using a headset to talk to other player in the party. When this issue happened I could hear them but they could not hear me. The problem rectified itself the next time my engineer asked about strategy. 

Here are a few other replays from this race;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv2_Fgoypes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHq5muLwqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd704PW2dYc

We had the same problem on PS4 yesterday in a league testrace.. But we also had the problem when safety car was deployed that drivers got a delta time to follow but this delta was to slow so they couldnt catch the safety car.. And the delta time went all the way to the red so he tried to stop to get the delta back to green but it went more into the reds and than he got a penalty because he was to fast while he was almost standing on the track

Also during the race my engineer asked about strategy, and whilst he did the main audio was lowered. After he finished speaking the main audio volume did not return to normal. I was also using a headset to talk to other player in the party. When this issue happened I could hear them but they could not hear me. The problem rectified itself the next time my engineer asked about strategy. 

This doesn't sound like a bug, the level will remain ducked (lowered) for 30 seconds in order to give the player enough time to answer.

issueskid said:

This doesn't sound like a bug, the level will remain ducked (lowered) for 30 seconds in order to give the player enough time to answer.
Ah, I should have clarified, the audio was reduced for around 15-20 minutes. It started during one strategy call from the engineer and did not resume until the next strategy call from the engineer. 

We had the same problem on PS4 yesterday in a league testrace.. But we also had the problem when safety car was deployed that drivers got a delta time to follow but this delta was to slow so they couldnt catch the safety car.. And the delta time went all the way to the red so he tried to stop to get the delta back to green but it went more into the reds and than he got a penalty because he was to fast while he was almost standing on the track
Yeah the delta time is a bit funny sometimes. During one race the SC came out, and after a lap the delta vanished. I was streaming at the time so probably have a replay of it somewhere.

issueskid said:

Ah, I should have clarified, the audio was reduced for around 15-20 minutes. It started during one strategy call from the engineer and did not resume until the next strategy call from the engineer. 

I noticed the same problem on PS4.