Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Programs switching tires automatically to sets for later sessions

I but was in P2 on Bahrain and had used my softs prior doing the tire program and swapped to the super softs. Then went back to do the track program (it gave the recommended type of tires for each program as med) to try to better my score. When I selected it the car switched to softs again. After i came back i noticed it used my recommended P3 softs instead which i didn't want to use yet. I had this happen in other programs with other tires also.
Ps4

The best thing is to set your tyres yourself using the tablet in the garage. I've found that happen too. I was using my FP3 mediums in FP1.

As long as you have the sets of tyres you want for later free practice sessions it's not a concern. You only hand back the two most worn sets of tyres after each free practice session, not necessarily the ones allocated to each session based on the weekend strategy.

Adolfus58 said:
 I but was in P2 on Bahrain and had used my softs prior doing the tire program and swapped to the super softs. Then went back to do the track program (it gave the recommended type of tires for each program as med) to try to better my score. When I selected it the car switched to softs again. After i came back i noticed it used my recommended P3 softs instead which i didn't want to use yet. I had this happen in other programs with other tires also.
Ps4
I am starting to believe that it just picks a unused tire when you start a program.

Adolfus58 said:
Adolfus58 said:
Ps4
I am starting to believe that it just picks a unused tire when you start a program.
It doesn't, I just did a tyre wear test starting on used softs, already had 40% wear when I started. The lap time delta also adjusted the lap time target accordingly which was nice to see.

Adolfus58 said:
Adolfus58 said:
Ps4
It doesn't, I just did a tyre wear test starting on used softs, already had 40% wear when I started. The lap time delta also adjusted the lap time target accordingly which was nice to see.
It has done it to me several times when i pick something other than the recommended tire.

Xyadas said:
As long as you have the sets of tyres you want for later free practice sessions it's not a concern. You only hand back the two most worn sets of tyres after each free practice session, not necessarily the ones allocated to each session based on the weekend strategy.
Thats good to know.

Alright, this got me yesterday bad and ended up using all my medium tires in free practice 1. Did the track test came back started again and it put a new pair of mediums on. When went into p2 both where returned.

Adolfus58 said:
Adolfus58 said:
Ps4
I realize if you are in p3 and dont have any other tires left it will not switch.