Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Push To Talk issues

I'm running a fanatec CSW with X1hub. Tried plugging my chat set into a second controller and the game wont recognize my voice.

transfix said:
I'm running a fanatec CSW with X1hub. Tried plugging my chat set into a second controller and the game wont recognize my voice.
I've passed this on for investigation.
Can you confirm your setup? You're using the Fanatec CSW with an Xbox One and an official Xbox One controller?

issueskid said:
transfix said:
Can you confirm your setup? You're using the Fanatec CSW with an Xbox One and an official Xbox One controller?
I am pretty sure I read that you still need to use kinect to communicate with Jeff?

Although Cortana supports headset commands etc, it's not set up to work on F1 yet until they get the latest SDK

FRACTURED said:
issueskid said:
transfix said:
I am pretty sure I read that you still need to use kinect to communicate with Jeff?

Although Cortana supports headset commands etc, it's not set up to work on F1 yet until they get the latest SDK
Correct, we use Kinect for speech recognition. Cortana isn't available for game development.

issueskid said:
transfix said:
Yes. The remote is active just not accepting speech for push to talk.

Our audio coder would like you to check a few things:

-          Is your Kinect camera enabled and calibrated (Does Xbox dashboard command work?)

-          Is there a Voice command message displayed in the main menu in the upper right corner?

-          Is your language/country supported?

-          Talk button pressed before voice command is set?

-          Does the microphone symbol in the game gets red and the Engineer is asking you to repeat or does nothing happen?

The talk to the engineer is not working for me on the PS4. I have a headset but even before I speak it is randomly replying about anything and everything. Worst of all it randomly thinks you've asked to change tyres. I pressed the button to request a full race update and before I even spoke it said 'we will fit wet tyres'.  

The talk to the engineer is not working for me on the PS4. I have a headset but even before I speak it is randomly replying about anything and everything. Worst of all it randomly thinks you've asked to change tyres. I pressed the button to request a full race update and before I even spoke it said 'we will fit wet tyres'.  
Hi USP, this has been fixed and will be rolled out in a future patch :)
 http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44638/audio-issues-not-only-on-pc-but-also-on-ps4-plus-engineer-issue

issueskid said:

-          Is your Kinect camera enabled and calibrated (Does Xbox dashboard command work?)

-          Is there a Voice command message displayed in the main menu in the upper right corner?

-          Does the microphone symbol in the game gets red and the Engineer is asking you to repeat or does nothing happen?

Not usung Kinect. Just the Chat headset plugged into remote
Do you mean main menu in game or Xbox Dashboard?
Country - Canada supported
talk button pushed yes
Mic symbol is neither red mir green

transfix said:
issueskid said:

Just to confirm, are you trying to use voice commands or are you trying to use 'chat' in a multiplayer game?

Assuming you're trying to use voice commands: you cannot do so using a headset on Xbox One. The voice recognition system is processed by the Kinect hardware, so you need to have Kinect plugged into your Xbox One and enabled in order for the voice command system to work.

Britpoint said:
transfix said:
issueskid said:

Just to confirm, are you trying to use voice commands or are you trying to use 'chat' in a multiplayer game?

Assuming you're trying to use voice commands: you cannot do so using a headset on Xbox One. The voice recognition system is processed by the Kinect hardware, so you need to have Kinect plugged into your Xbox One and enabled in order for the voice command system to work.
I was trying to use voice commands for my engineer. Shoot so I can't do that via the chat headset?

Got it. Really wish it was available via headset as I removed Kinect long ago due to it being useless for most games.