Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RPM indicator LED functionality on the G29 for F1 2016 on PC not working

Hi,
Has anyone managed to get the RPM indicator LED lights to work on their G29 on F1 2016 for PC? 
If so please let me know 

Thanks 

1. Make a copy of "hardware_settings_config.xml" locatred in "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\My Games\F1 2016\hardwaresettings"!!!!!!!
2. Open "hardware_settings_config.xml" locatred in "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\My Games\F1 2016\hardwaresettings" with the text- or XML-Editor of your liking.
3. You will see something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_config deviceId="0x13C0">
 <cpu cores="4" hyperThreading="true" hyperThreadingProcessorStride="1" />
 <graphics_card rating="4">
  <resolution width="6020" height="1080" fullscreen="true" vsync="false" vsyncInterval="1">
   <refreshRate rate="0" />
   <windowPosition x="0" y="0" />
   <outputMonitor index="1" />
   <aspectRatio auto="true" width="0" height="0" />
  </resolution>
 </graphics_card>
 <motion>
  <dbox enabled="true" />
  <udp0 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
  <udp1 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
  <udp2 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
  <udp3 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
 </motion>
 <antialiasing smaa="false" taa="true" />
 <ssao enabled="true" quality="2" algorithm="0" />
 <ssrt enabled="true" quality="4" />
 <texture_streaming sizeInMiB="1024" texelDensityBias="0.0" concurrentTextureSwaps="1" />
 <led_display fanatecNativeSupport="true" sliProNativeSupport="false" />
 <anisotropic_filter level="16" />
 <lighting quality="2" />
 <postprocess motionBlur="true" godRays="true" depthOfField="true" lensStreak="true" lensFlare="true" bloom="true" rainBeads="true" />
 <shadows enabled="true" skyShadowMapSize="2048" skyShadowCascadeCount="4" skyShadowLowLod="false" worldShadowMapSize="2048" nightShadowMapSize="2048" nightShadowCharacterCast="true" nightShadowSourceCount="4" sampling="2" spotShadowMapSize="1024" spotShadowSampling="2" />
 <smoke_shadows enabled="true" mapSize="512" opacity="1.0" envOpacity="0.45" updateRate="2" />
 <advanced_smoke_shadows enabled="false" />
 <particles enabled="true" distanceScale="1.0" rate="1.0" high="true" />
 <crowd billboardPercentage="50" lod0Distance="4" lod1Distance="10" lod2Distance="25" lod3Distance="70" billboardDistance="700" finDistance="1000" lod0Quantity="5" lod1Quantity="20" lod2Quantity="50" lod3Quantity="300" billboardQuantity="22000" finQuantity="5000" propQuantity="50" />
 <vehicle_reflections envMapScale="2.0" envMapUpdateMode="alternate" envMapRenderMode="carsAndCharacters" cubeMapEnabled="true" cubeMapScale="2.0" cubeMapUpdateMode="all" />
 <mirrors mirrorsUpdateMode="both" mirrorsRenderMode="carsAndCharacters" treesInMirrors="true" crowdInMirrors="true" highDetailMirrors="true" highDetailTyresAndCar="true" particlesInMirrors="true" />
 <weather_effects rainSplashes="true" rainSheets="true" rainBeads="true" rainHigh="true" trackHeatHaze="true" planarReflectionsEnabled="true" planarReflectionsRTScale="1.0" planarReflectionsMipTailBlur="true" proceduralCloudRTScale="2.0" proceduralCloudTiling="4" proceduralCloudQuality="2" />
 <ground_cover enabled="true" grassFlattening="true" drawDistance="120.0" />
 <dynamic_hair quality="1" />
 <skidmarks enabled="true" parallax="true" />
 <skidmarks_blending enabled="false" />
 <audio quality="high" />
 <sliders motionBlurStrength="1.000000" />
</hardware_settings_config>

5. Change
<dbox enabled="false" />
  <udp0 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<led_display fanatecNativeSupport="false" sliProNativeSupport="false" />
to
<dbox enabled="true" />
  <udp0 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<led_display fanatecNativeSupport="true" sliProNativeSupport="false" />
6. Save the file. This was only the first half of the trick!!!!
7. Make the  "hardware_settings_config.xml" file read-only!!!

Hope this will do the trick.

Hi,
RPM LED's are not working here, too.
Config file  - as mentioned above - was correct without editing. During startup / calibration the LED's are blinking a few times but after this, nothing is enlightened in the game.
Setup is G29 on Windows 10 64bits. Logitech Gaming software was installed before plugging the wheel in. Everything recognized.
Maybe there needs to be a profile? While searching with the gaming software, it doesn't find a valid profile for F1 2016. So I used the one from F1 2015, what is installed, too.
Anyone having similar issues?
Anyone having a profile displayed for F1 2016?

Kind regards,
Michael

Hi,
RPM LED's are not working here, too.
Config file  - as mentioned above - was correct without editing. During startup / calibration the LED's are blinking a few times but after this, nothing is enlightened in the game.
Setup is G29 on Windows 10 64bits. Logitech Gaming software was installed before plugging the wheel in. Everything recognized.
Maybe there needs to be a profile? While searching with the gaming software, it doesn't find a valid profile for F1 2016. So I used the one from F1 2015, what is installed, too.
Anyone having similar issues?
Anyone having a profile displayed for F1 2016?

Kind regards,
Michael
Thanks for your Reply.
Maybe there is an error in the data provided from F1-2016.
I did a test with DashMeterPro and got RPMs way to high. Max RPM was 68K!
Think I have to dig deeper.

You might do a Little test (don't have a G29).
Delete the F1-2015 Profile, and have a look if the LEDs work propperly in F1-2015. This is just to get sure that the Profile is needed for the LEDs. As far as I know the Profile is only for the Buttons on the Wheel.

Hi,
just tested the way you suggested. Deleting the F1 2015 profile and using the default. Doesn't change anything in both F1 2015(currently not sure if G29 is supported here) and F1 2016, even after reboot.
To be sure it generally works, I tested the wheel in NFS 2016 and Project Cars, works on both.

Hi,
just tested the way you suggested. Deleting the F1 2015 profile and using the default. Doesn't change anything in both F1 2015(currently not sure if G29 is supported here) and F1 2016, even after reboot.
To be sure it generally works, I tested the wheel in NFS 2016 and Project Cars, works on both.
G29 LEDS doesn't seem to be supported on PC. The games you name just have the right settings for it.
You can download the program Fanaleds (link below) Asseto Corsa and F1 2015 are currently supported. F1 2016 not yet tho. Probably will be supported in the near future so you can keep it in mind.

http://www.fanaleds.com/downloads

Well,  but the G29 is officially listed as compatible for Windows and F1 2016 lists the G29 as supported. So I'm expecting that to work.
If not, a 920 would have been enough.
RPM LEDs were a main part of the decision against 920 and G29.

h3llraid3r is right!

Here is what's written on the Logitech Product FAQ site:

The LEDs for the RPM indicator need to receive the proper RPM information from the game in order to function. LED support must be provided by game developers, and not all games include this support. 

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/RPM-indicator-lights-do-not-work-on-the-G29-racing-wheel?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

@h3llraid3r :
I have read in another thread that Fanatec has the same Problem with F1-2016. At least the guy stated that he sees the right LED light up in the Benchmark test. Maybe you can cross-check?

Thanks for the link, didn't read that yet...
I looped through the benchmark test, but no lights showed up at any time, not even one of them.
So this is a problem Codemasters has to fix - I hope some of them guys reads that thread.
Official statement including ETA of fix would be nice.

*push*
Will this issue be resolved with one of the future updates? 
Comment from CM regarding this would be nice.