Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extreme high pitlane sound when passing start finish

System Spec
PS4

Steps to reproduce
Carreer, all sessions, Renault, T-Cam, all session long.

Your recent history of races 
Carreer, Renault, Australia/Bahrein/China/Russia, Dry

What were you doing specifically when the crashed occurred?
Every pass start/finish (50% races)

Which graphics preset were you using?

I had this as well, its very odd. It sounds as though you are stood in the pit lane watching them go past. I am playing on PC, so this sounds like a game wide bug, not a platform specific.  

Its the best F1 probably ever made, just littered with bugs on all platforms at the moment! Will take a massive patch to sort it

larryl said:
System Spec
PS4

Steps to reproduce

Can you provide more details about the issue please.

Unfortunately I can't do a lot with "EXTREME HIGH PITLANE SOUND WHEN PASSING START FINISH"

- High as in high pitched? High in volume?
- What do you mean by pitlane sound? The AI cars in the pits and garages? Pass by's? Reverb from your car or AI cars?
- Were your audio levels all set to default values?
- Are you in stereo or surround?

issueskid said:
larryl said:
System Spec
PS4

Steps to reproduce

Can you provide more details about the issue please.

Unfortunately I can't do a lot with "EXTREME HIGH PITLANE SOUND WHEN PASSING START FINISH"

- High as in high pitched? High in volume?
- What do you mean by pitlane sound? The AI cars in the pits and garages? Pass by's? Reverb from your car or AI cars?
- Were your audio levels all set to default values?
- Are you in stereo or surround?

Sorry, your right.

-High in pitched volume it is.
-It is the AI cars in the pitlane, you hear the engine sounds from AI whe you pass the pitlane (myself on track). Own sounds are normal. You hear AI cars way to loud entering/stopping/exiting the pitlane
-Audio levels are default
-Music in stereo (TV sound with 2.1 speakers)

Runalf said:
Yes I got the same problem. And the engineer is way to low on volume. 
had the same issue, although thats an option to change.

Go to advance options and set the sound to main output (TV i thought)

problem solved!

I had this problem on my first practise in career, when I drove past the pits on the main straight the noise from cars would take over all other sounds in the game. At this point, I think the sounds volume for my car was 10 and other cars was either 8 or 9.

However I don't seem to have had this issue since I adjusted the sound options last, I ensured my own car was on volume 10 (louder than anything else) and other cars on 6. Other noises (environment etc) I have generally put on 7 or 8.

Also had this issue. PS4, v1.2.0.

Australia Career Mode
It's similar to the sound you would hear while in the garage waiting to start your session.
All my audio settings are default

Same problem here on PS4, it's the distant/ambient car sounds that are much too loud in the distance, on other, far parts of the track and in the pit lane. Best example is Hockenheim, your own engine sound gets drowned out when other cars are passing by on many other parts of the track, it's not the audio of cars that are nearby so I don't think the 'other vehicles' volume setting is a solution. 

Had the same issue on PC it seems the sound reverts to if you were sat in the garage and cars were going past you.  Bit jarring but not the biggest issue with the game currently.

@issueskid

got to say probs to you guys, looks like you take the job serious!

btw, i have - of course - the same problem.
Moreover this also happens at some point on every track during practise/qualify/race and did not dissapear again.
Very annoying, as it becomes difficult to manage your car due to this "overlay". I'm on PS4 in cockpit mode.

What makes me a little bit worried is, that this was also an issue within the beta and there are so many threads in this context. So this should be no surprise, but fine, if it will be patched finally... 

issueskid said:
We've now submitted a fix for this issue.
It will be available in a future patch.
I have a curious mind. I'd love to know the technical details behind this bug. Like is it because as you are near the pit area, it triggers the game to prioritise pit sounds? And the fix is to limit the activation area of this sound switch to the pitlane alone? cheers!