Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyre wear glitch in career

Since that i came to austria in my career, the tyre wear is atrocious, i can't do 6 laps on Hard at Silverstone ! I run the default setup. It's a glitch but i don't know how can I fix it as I don't know why it started.... And its 50 % races

Hmm, I just finished Austria and it was the first race with really bad tirewear. Had to do 2 more pitstops than planned. Maybe you're right. Gonna do Silverstone in a bit.

@TheSafety1ST Had you changed the race length at all? What was your pit window? In my 50% race at Silverstone with Haas on Hard tyres, the pit window for my first stint was lap 10-15.

I didn't change the race length at all. I don't remember my pit window but i remember that I put on 2 sets of tyres for 10 laps...

Thanks, did you use this set of tyres in qualifying for lots of laps or heat them a lot in the formation lap? Do you know what the tyre wear level at the start of the race?

Think I'm having the same problem:( just done practice at Silverstone and the soft tyres had 40% wear after like 3 laps 

This was one of the main concerns with 2015, especially when commencing a race, I would be the first in having to pit, whereas all the AIs stayed out and were doing 5 laps more on the same compound, even though they had done more qualifying laps.
However, in 2016 I haven't had these issues that those above have. If I had done so many laps on my qualifying tyre, it would show the wear I anticipated starting the race. That said, in current Career mode I am doing 100% races, so whether that has any bearing on the matter?

Having done the race Now at Silverstone the AI seemed to suffer the same tyre wear issues as me so I'm wondering if it's just the track, am about to do Hungary so will see

Having done Hungary Tyre wear was fine did a 1 stop race on wets, 50% distance looks like Silverstone is just hard on tyres