Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] Getting loads of black screens during career mode / missing display

Im having an issue during career mode with getting black screen in the actual racing and during the cur scenes

So for example, when I started the season I had the conversation with my manager, but everyone since then has been a black screen with just the conversation on the headphones.

Not sure if this is correct, but whenever I get a voicemail from the manager, I just have the text in the bottom left corner and a black screen.

When I go to laptop, I can see the screen, but everything around it is black

Sometimes entering the garage at the start of a session, or returning from a track run, again the monitor is visible, but the surrounding is black.

Also, during Australia and Bahrain track runs, part or the entire screen has blacked out. All I can see at the overlays (radio, dashboard, track mini map, times)

System Spec
(PC) 3770k, 680 GPU, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10

Steps to reproduce
Career mode, garage, on track, in motorhome

Your recent history of races 
Career, McLaren, Australia and Bahrain

Which stage were you within the championship\custom event?
Throughout race weekend

What were you doing specifically when the crashed occurred?
Either in motorhome, garage or out on track

How long was your current session?
Been playing about 3 hours and had the issues constantly

Which graphics preset were you using?
1920x1080, everything else standard.

Does this occur from a fresh launch of the game, or only after playing for a while?

Hi

It did occur from a fresh run of the game, yes.

I started it up yesterday, set up a career account and went straight into the gameplay. The first cut scene with the manager was OK, but none have worked since. During track time, I got a partial black out several times on track and almost every time I returned to the garage.

Every time I was sent to the laptop, I could only see the screen, nothing around it.

tried to play again tonight and same issue
I'm at Bahrain now. seemed OK on track at first, but every cutscene at the laptop is the same black background issue.
Got to Q2 and everytime i hit the end of the back straight coming out of DRS the screen goes black.
Have to return to garage from the menu and qualify 16. Takes multiple attempts going in and out of the setup screen and the timing screen to get a normal background. When i start the race, the formation lap works, then on the first lap, same again.

any update on this please.

still getting the issue for the third night now. Also noted that when I have returned to my saved game, after completing Quali in P16 (as I couldn't see the track), as I go to start the race, I'm now in P20 which is another bug other people have reported.

to confirm your new bug reporting info

PC is well within minimum specs, running one monitor at 60Hz (I see other people are reporting G-Sync and 144Hz issues but im not running that)

1.       What game mode where you in Career/Quick race/Time Trial etc

Career mode

2.       Where you in single player or multiplayer

Single player

3.       What track where you racing on

Started happening at Australia in the cutscenes, but now its T11 at Bahrain during Quali and every attempt at the race

4.       What Team and Driver where you using

McLaren using Alonso's seat

5.       Have you updated your hardware drivers to the latest versions

All drivers are fully updated

6.       Can you provide us with a DXDIAG from your PC

If required, yes

7.       Do you have any issues on other games

No, nothing before

8.       How often does the issue occur

Within 3 laps of the race start at Bahrain, T11. Every attempt to complete the career race.

still having the issues last night at the Bahrain track. Managed to get to the last lap T11 when it did it again. Not happy as I had fought to P1 by this point.

In frustration I have restarted the career to find I have exactly the same issues in the motorhome cut scenes, the garage and on track.

Please CM, someone tell me something. Are you looking at this? Can you suggest any setting changes? Do you have a fix coming?

@Hoo Is there any update please?

Managed to get through Australia last night again, although had to use a Flashback at the end of Q3 as the screen went black.

On to Bahrain, still getting a black background for all the motorhome scenes. First quali session do a familiarisation run and boom, black screen as I round T11 again.

@Hoo is there any update on this issue at all please. Been a week now and game is still unplayable.
thanks

Come on CM, why are we getting zero feedback on this issue please?
Its been nearly two weeks and I cant even seem to get acknowledgment that you are even looking at this @Hoo

Hi @Booti and @tyr010.

This is a strange issue, I've not seen or heard of anything like this before.

First off, if you're worried about losing progress make a mid session save every few laps. That's annoying but better to lose a lap or two than a whole race.

Please can you both send me a DXDiag.
1) Press the windows key and then R
2) Type dxdiag
3) Click Save All Information. Name it after your forum username please.
4) Send me that text file.

Obvious things are to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
You could also try playing in a different resolution, maybe if you're using something exotic that's the source of the problem.
Try reducing the graphics settings

That's all that springs to mind for now. A DXDiag is a good starting point along with knowing your resolution and graphics settings please.

@Lozzy sorry, how do i send you the DxDiag file please?
i have finally managed to get though Bahrain, but not sure if its fixed, or i was just lucky, as i was still getting purple flashes in T11 and still get the black background in the motorhome cutscene (when usingthe laptop, getting voicemail and sometimes for R&D updates)
GPU drivers are up to date and GeForce Experience uninsalled
I'm running 1920x1080 with auto refresh (should be 60Hz as using a TV for display)
Fullscreen is ON, Aspect Ratio is Auto, Vsync is OFF, AA is OFF and Anisotropic is set to 16x