Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4) Career Mode Crash in FP3 when attempting to run Quali Pace test

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

System Spec
Playstation 4

Steps to reproduce

Third Practice of the Australian GP and set the game to running the Qualifying Pace test in the Manor.  Select the test at any time during the session and the game crashes on pit exit meaning I can't continue the career mode unless I skip this test and lose resource points.  Restarting the game after the crash and attempting again results in the game repeatedly crashing at the same point

Which stage were you within the championship\custom event?
Australian GP

What were you doing specifically when the crashed occurred?
On attempting to run the Qualifying Pace test at any point during third practice.  The game drives you out of the pits to begin the test.  As soon as the car straightens up in the pit lane the games crashes.  Completed Practice 1 and 2 full weekend mode and acclimatisation and tyre wear test have been attempted without issues.

How long was your current session?
You can attempt this at any point during the session and the crash happens,  I have also reported the issue when the system crashes

I'm having the same problem on PC, and not only with Qualifying Pace test but with all of the tests in FP2 and for both driving out and flying lap. Also the game crashes when attempting to save mid session, might be related as this was also working fine in FP1.

Normal running in FP2 works fine, just the tests crash the game.

Having the same problem at Baku FP2 so skipped the session also happens in FP3 so can't do the session

We're unable to repeat this here. Are you able to provide some more info?

Please could you tell us what day / time you had this problem and what platform you are on and we'll try and locate the crash information on the servers (assuming that you are online and chose to upload your crash info).

For PC players, please also let us know what your Steam ID is and we can use this to find your crash info from Steam. To get your Steam ID, just click on "View Profile" in Steam and then you will see the address bar display a URL that looks a bit like this: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198238458237. The Steam ID is those numbers in the URL.

@jMcFcE, @XiondrapoS, @MurraysMic

Not sure how much more I can give you.  I completed the acclimatisation in Practice one and continued to run laps tweaking setup and long running to get a feeeling for the handling etc for the rest of the session.  The next session I attempted the tyre test session and again followed up with more running till session ended. 

I then called it quits by putting the system in standby mode on PS4.  Restarted session from standby mode the following day (Saturday) and started session 3.  I ran for about 20 minutes in the 1 hour session and attempted the qualifying test.  I select the quali sim test and as the car pulls from the pits and for about a second as it goes down the pit lane the game locks up and you are presented with the report crash log.

I then restarted the game and went straight into Quali test and exactly the same issue happened.  No matter at what point in the session you try as soon as the ttest is selected then the game crashes.

I believe it was Saturday afternoon (maybe around 12-1pm) 

If you can't find the crash log I can create it this evening and post the time I submitted the log.

Hope this helps

Just to bump up this thread up, if you're having this problem, could you send your save to f1beta@codemasters.com

Just to bump up this thread up, if you're having this problem, could you send your save to f1beta@codemasters.com
Hi Jenny.  On PS4 would you like me to get the game to crash and then report it and upload the time of crash so you can retrieve from the servers?

Hi Jenny.  On PS4 would you like me to get the game to crash and then report it and upload the time of crash so you can retrieve from the servers?
If you could send over your save file, that'd really help us :)

If you could send over your save file, that'd really help us :)
Ok leave with will do this this evening for you :)

CE-34878-0 An error has occurred in the following application F12016
PS4 game crashes Qualy practice run

Is there an update on this issue it's been a few weeks and I've yet to complete third Practice on my career at Australia.