Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFB+weight reducing by 50% after playing for a while.

PS4, Thrustmaster T150, FFB settings 100.

This one's a bit hard to explain, basically what happens is the T150 feels very good when I start up the game and start playing, but after a couple of sessions it keeps getting lighter and never returns to its full strength after that, like the weight and FFB is reduced by around 50%, giving a very floaty, weightless and non responsive feel. 

I know the T150 is a mix of gears and belt driven FFB, and the best way to describe the feeling is like the gear system of the FFB just stop working for the most part, if not entirely. You still get the slight, more smooth pulling sensation from the belts, but the harder, heavy feel from the gears is almost gone completely. I don't know if there's anything specific causing this, it was most noticeable just playing career where it felt great in practice, after that a bit lighter for qualy, and when I went out for a second run in the same qualy session it just felt way too light all of a sudden, I thought it could be down to the fuel load, but it was even worse for the race after that so it's not down to fuel amount. It also doesn't return if I start a new session etc.

Was wondering if anybody else using the T150 has the same issue? 

this is because your wheel is getting to hot.
the FFB reduction stops your wheel from breaking basically.

The only way to return it to full is by letting is sit still for a while.

To combat this happening you have to turn the FFB down to a setting where it will clip less, unfortunately f1 2016 doesn't have a built in tool so it comes down to reducing the FFB until you get a good strength where it won't reduce anymore after lengthy use

Thanks for that, if that's really the case it's quite concerning, because it usually happens within an hour or so.. Is the T150 known for doing that? The difference is huge, going from highly enjoyable to almost non existent weight and FFB. If it's actually the wheels fault I might consider upgrading to a T300 if it doesn't have the same issue.

Thanks for that, if that's really the case it's quite concerning, because it usually happens within an hour or so.. Is the T150 known for doing that? The difference is huge, going from highly enjoyable to almost non existent weight and FFB. If it's actually the wheels fault I might consider upgrading to a T300 if it doesn't have the same issue.
The t300 will reduce ffb aswell when it gets too hot. However if you upgrade the t300 firmware, you can have the fan set to always on instead of  coming on when it gets too hot. when set to fan always on, the wheel has given me no ffb fading. hope that helps 

Thanks, would settings it to always on also work when using it with a PS4? Also, is anyone else with a T150 experiencing the same thing so quickly every time? Starting to wonder if it's worth dialing back the FFB to begin with so hopefully it might stay stronger after that for a longer time.. @DGreco @Lozzy any tips if this is the problem?

The fan settings are in wheel firmware so yes , ps4 xbox and pc. 

After playing some more I'm having doubts if it's actually an overheating issue, the wheelbase didn't feel warm at all and the fan was barely making any sound, FFB dropped again after only 1 race. @Hoo is this a known issue with T150 wheels, and could it possibly be something other than the wheel getting to warm? 

I used to have this issue on the TX wheel for xbox, it sometimes dropped all my force feedback or went ridiculously strong.  The work around I found was when the feedback drops out, go into the wheel settings in the pause menu and change one of the settings by a 1% increment, when I came back into the game the force feedback came back... 

Haven't experienced the issue for a while though so could be totally unrelated to yours!  I did upgrade the firmware though and my fan is always on, it's worth doing that regardless in my opinion.  Hope your wheel isn't on the way out given it's not that old!   

After playing some more I'm having doubts if it's actually an overheating issue, the wheelbase didn't feel warm at all and the fan was barely making any sound, FFB dropped again after only 1 race. @Hoo is this a known issue with T150 wheels, and could it possibly be something other than the wheel getting to warm? 
It won't feel warm, I have a T300 myself so I've had it happen to in the past. I too got worried at first :p
You -might- be able to feel warm air from the vents but that's all.

If you plug it into the PC (if you have one) after installing the thrust master software etc you should be able to update firmware on yours too, afaik the T150 is on V5 of it's firmware, the last was released in october last year.