Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penalty in the safety car que

First race at Melbourne in career on the Xbox One done and it all went well bar penalties. I've written about them the FP1 and Q1 and the race saw a few being the safety car. 12 laps to go it came out and stayed out for quite a few laps. I was 2nd and got a blocking penalty even though I was right behind in the que. 

Mate penalties an issue in this game?

Suffered the same issue. Pitted in Australia and got lapped by three cars just as the safety car was deployed, I was getting penalties for blocking the car behind and the message I was given was to join the back of the safety car queue. Decided the only option was to overtake the drivers in front and the safety car itself and get to the back of the pack that way, which obviously just added more penalties. Really annoying issue.

Obviously in real life after a certain number of laps under the safety car lapped drivers are  allowed to overtake. They don't seem to have grasped this issue but hopefully can be improved with a patch.