Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any PS-wheel on the PC version gives an inferior experience

I have the Thrustmaster T150 myself and it is giving me an inferior experience due to showing the Xbox buttons half of the time, and the other time just the numbers of the buttons, it is frankly very annoying.

Sure, I figured out what they mean, the Cross, Rectangle, Triangle and Circle are not hard at all and got the Xbox 360 controller around too, but I did not know what to do at all when the engineer suggested a different strategy in the middle of the race, turns out I needed to press the Xbox's X button, but how should I know? It only showed me some number and I don't know those by heart.

Another example is that in streams I can see the clutch symbol (right-shift "pedal/button"), but in my game all I see is a number. Again, by now I know what it means, but it's not an optimal experience.

Can you please patch this in? It's especially relevant for people new to the game.

This bug was introduced in the 2015 game, and it was never fixed in that. This was actually one of the reasons why I returned the game on Steam (I'll gladly re-buy once this bug is fixed, as well as some other glaring issues).

Ideally, given the nature of different wheels, the PC user should be able to manually select which "button icon set" the game uses.