Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Engine Sound Bug?

Hi guys, 
I couldn't find if this has been discussed before so sorry if it has.

When a race starts everything sounds great but after my first collision, either with a barrier or with another car, the engine sound fades drastically for the rest of the race. 

Has anyone else noticed this problem or found a fix?

I race on PS3, Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite pedals, cockpit view.

Thanks, cheers!! 

oh yesh it happened me once, it sounds like an electric car race in my opinion, i don't know how to fix it because it auto fixed when i changed the match sorry

I lost engine sound in some Challenges, for example 99% of the times i cannot hearthe Silvia Drift car of my club, is a little annoyed because osund engine in drift races are crucial to control the gas....works exactly as an electric or hybrid car XD. (squirrel tyres it could be subbtle appreciate but nothing more).

This problem was too in Grid 2 where the engine sounds changed to a different or almos muted. No big bug but annoying.

Happens way too much, for sure a terrible bug. I have 5.1 surround sound speakers and it will not cut them all out, but the car sound will stop in one or two of them. Only in this game does it do this.

Thanks for the feedback guys, now that we know that this isn't an isolated incident, maybe it will be worth looking into for the devs. @andaya You're right, it's absolutely crucial to be able to hear your revs when drifting! @MLT24 I'm also using a 5.1 system and agree that it sounds like two of my speakers cut out. Specifically the satellites, while the front speakers only put out 90% of the engine sound. Cheers : )

Seems to be more common on PS3. Nothing you can do while in a race expect to concentrate really hard otherwise save and quit. Hearing the engine is crucial so hopefully it'll get patched. Only time will tell.

Any tips or tricks to help solve this problem? I've done a forum search and it appears the upcoming patch doesn't address this :( Would appreciate some help.

dancan said:

Any tips or tricks to help solve this problem? I've done a forum search and it appears the upcoming patch doesn't address this :( Would appreciate some help.

It seems more and more that as a PS3 player, when we are playing a Codemaster game we'll have no other choice than to live with it and accept that their games are bugged on PS3.

The only solution is that we leave the game an move on to another but as an old man once said: "When the disgusted leave, only the disgusting remains"

HAHAHA great quote @berre. Hopefully it does get resolved post patch but if not then I'll be very cautious of any game branded with CM. Fingers crossed. One press of the X button or a minor collision just ruins everything especially endurance.

I play with a headset. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does, it drops to half volume. Sometimes it randomly comes back

Post patch and it seems the patch hasn't completely fixed this problem and the audio is dulled down so you can barely hear the revs but it still an improvement overall. This goes for flashbacks and minor and major collisions. Pressing the X button seems to be resolved. Sigh....

There are a few sound bugs but check out the sound options and change it to whatever best fits what you're using. Mine is set to headphones

Doing so simply increases the volume output while still being muzzled. If the bug is present in similar titles then I get it and unless it was fixed then I'd hope the same will follow with GAS if not then it probably won't :( Could be the a number of things causing it but for now it we'll just live with it.