F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

Discuss the GP weekend here. I'm not sure why they've decided to put the DRS Zone 1 at between Turn 1 and 2. Would have made more sense to put it on the pit straight.

Discuss the GP weekend here. I'm not sure why they've decided to put the DRS Zone 1 at between Turn 1 and 2. Would have made more sense to put it on the pit straight.
I don't know about that as the pit straight isn't really that long tbh although neither is that straight .There's only really 2 other places they can really put one where they have or just after the hairpin really after the main DRS zone.

They probably put it there so cars could get closer through turns 2 and 3, giving them a better chance to get by in the second DRS zone.

They probably put it there so cars could get closer through turns 2 and 3, giving them a better chance to get by in the second DRS zone.
that's quite possible actually yeah

fIsince08 said:
I want old Hockenheim back.
unfortunately it's not going to come back unless you're talking about the game in which case it may do as a classic one. Assuming they do classics again this year that is.

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the current layout now. I think @Platy does too.
I think both layouts are good but if I had to choose one over the other. I'd prefer the older one

For the track owners, it makes sense to have the new one. The old track took up so much land so apparently it cost a bomb to keep it going. The new track takes up about half the space, and there's better overtaking opportunities too I think on the new one.

For the track owners, it makes sense to have the new one. The old track took up so much land so apparently it cost a bomb to keep it going. The new track takes up about half the space, and there's better overtaking opportunities too I think on the new one.
There are only really 3 overtaking opportunities (turn 2, the hairpin and turn 13), the old one had all of the chicanes plus the current turn 13. I can see your point about the financial situation though, yet I would of thought it would be just as cheap to build more grandstands on the old circuit than to rip it up entirely and start effectively from scratch.

It was still wrong to destroy the old circuit - leaving the Monza banking didn't do any harm did it!

fIsince08 said:
There are only really 3 overtaking opportunities (turn 2, the hairpin and turn 13), the old one had all of the chicanes plus the current turn 13. I can see your point about the financial situation though, yet I would of thought it would be just as cheap to build more grandstands on the old circuit than to rip it up entirely and start effectively from scratch.

It was still wrong to destroy the old circuit - leaving the Monza banking didn't do any harm did it!
Well unfortunately the old track doesn't exist anymore so we'll just have to make do without it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the current layout now. I think @Platy does too.
Yeah I do too.
fIsince08 said:

So what you're saying is the old track had 1 extra overtaking opportunity?

Platy said:
Yeah I do too.
fIsince08 said:

So what you're saying is the old track had 1 extra overtaking opportunity?
1 more is better than no more!

would lovwe it if they added the old one in as classic content if they continue that in the F1 2014 game though. In a way I'm glad I stil have F1 challenge 99-02 as it means I can still race it

I consider myself in that club too. The old one had more character, but new layout is a better racing circuit.

Also, call me cynical, but I can't help but feel a lot of people who prefer the older one prefer it just because it's older, younger viewers especially.

Mexicola said:
I consider myself in that club too. The old one had more character, but new layout is a better racing circuit.

Also, call me cynical, but I can't help but feel a lot of people who prefer the older one prefer it just because it's older, younger viewers especially.
Alot of the forum members grew up with the current layout and never saw the older layout on tv and love this layout because its more modern and you can see most of the racing from one point.

And what do you guys think about the running order for this race? Do you think Williams will be as strong, or will Red Bull catch back up through the corners? Or potentially a different team?

And what do you guys think about the running order for this race? Do you think Williams will be as strong, or will Red Bull catch back up through the corners? Or potentially a different team?
Hockenheim is a more power influenced circuit always has been on both new and old layouts I think so I would imagine the Merc teams will have the edge this year.

I don't know about that as the pit straight isn't really that long tbh although neither is that straight .There's only really 2 other places they can really put one where they have or just after the hairpin really after the main DRS zone.
Don't think DRS would work very well in first or second gear, don't know if DRS is designed to allow low gear changes because arn't they already in a higher gear before the DRS zone?

Mexicola said:

Alot of the forum members grew up with the current layout and never saw the older layout on tv and love this layout because its more modern and you can see most of the racing from one point.
I know it doesn't really count, but I've watched a bunch of races that were held on the old layout. I just prefer the current version because to me it has more flow.

Like on racing games, Sepang is always my favourite but Hockenheim is a very close second.

You see, I don't like the new layout. The second sector is just a slightly less tight version of the last sector, but the first sector does look quite good.

Now, I know that the old layout was basically straight - chicane - straight - chicane, but each one was slightly different.

Mexicola said:

I know it doesn't really count, but I've watched a bunch of races that were held on the old layout. I just prefer the current version because to me it has more flow.

Like on racing games, Sepang is always my favourite but Hockenheim is a very close second.
With the racing games F1 2001 etc i used to grab the Jag and go full pelt trying to clean everyone up at the old circuit lol but my favorite is Valencia from the Codies games.