DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

I doubt it. Mercedes to dominate again.

Not that I couldn't live with it.

Practice and Qualifying would tell if they have lost their pace :)

Discuss the GP weekend here. I'm not sure why they've decided to put the DRS Zone 1 at between Turn 1 and 2. Would have made more sense to put it on the pit straight.
I don't know about that as the pit straight isn't really that long tbh although neither is that straight .There's only really 2 other places they can really put one where they have or just after the hairpin really after the main DRS zone.
Don't think DRS would work very well in first or second gear, don't know if DRS is designed to allow low gear changes because arn't they already in a higher gear before the DRS zone?

Not sure about that but I was reffering to the fast straight with the kink that comes after the hairpin as a possible DRS zone as I've blasted through there on F1 2012 with my DRS open OK tbh. Obviously with the new rules we can't now but still. We'll see how things go and take it from there

Always hated Valencia :p That and Singapore are 2 circuits that just don't work for me.

I love Abu Dhabi , Brasil and Spa. I can't stand Korea or India . Horrible to drive.

Always hated Valencia :p That and Singapore are 2 circuits that just don't work for me.

I love Abu Dhabi , Brasil and Spa. I can't stand Korea or India . Horrible to drive.

Yeah Abu Dhabi's one of my faves too probably my second favourite after Canada now that Valencia's off the calendar. Singapoer took a while to get used  to at first but these days I actually quite enjoy that track.

Yeah Abu Dhabi's one of my faves too probably my second favourite after Canada now that Valencia's off the calendar. Singapoer took a while to get used  to at first but these days I actually quite enjoy that track.

Forgot about Canada. Love that track too. 

Going back to the discussion about the old and new versions of the track, I think I prefer the new one. The old one had character and it was cool because it was old school, but I think the change was needed to keep the track with the modern times. I prefer the layout of the new track too.

For this weekend, I'm still expecting Mercedes to be as dominant as usual. Tough to call a winner though.

Going back to the discussion about the old and new versions of the track, I think I prefer the new one. The old one had character and it was cool because it was old school, but I think the change was needed to keep the track with the modern times. I prefer the layout of the new track too.

For this weekend, I'm still expecting Mercedes to be as dominant as usual. Tough to call a winner though.

if I had to bet on one it would be Rosberg but only  because he is on home soil but I agree

So going by the modern times talk, shouldn't they get rid of all the old school tracks off the calender then like  Monza, Spa, Monaco etc?

Strong FP1 from Susie Wolff. Consistently lapping the same as Massa on the runs they did and ending up only 2 tenths down on his fastest lap. Pat Symonds said if Wolff could get within half a second of Massa she would've done a good job, so from that I assume she actually did a great job. 

So going by the modern times talk, shouldn't they get rid of all the old school tracks off the calender then like  Monza, Spa, Monaco etc?

As much as I'd love to see them do it I'd doubt they'd ditch Monaco. I still think Monza and Spa still deserve their place though on the calendar as they've always provided good races

VetteIfan said:

Strong FP1 from Susie Wolff. Consistently lapping the same as Massa on the runs they did and ending up only 2 tenths down on his fastest lap. Pat Symonds said if Wolff could get within half a second of Massa she would've done a good job, so from that I assume she actually did a great job. 

FP1 practice times don't really mean a huge amount though. Personally I'd only wanna judge her speed after she'd done a few quali sessions.

Good to see her on track though after what happened at Silverstone. 

VetteIfan said:

FP1 practice times don't really mean a huge amount though. Personally I'd only wanna judge her speed after she'd done a few quali sessions.

Good to see her on track though after what happened at Silverstone. 

Yeah it's good to see she's being given a chance anyway

From FP2. What on earth is he doing?

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/dancing-ricciardo.gif

Sadly, Crofty and Ant were in stitches for about 10 minutes after this. It was cringe worthy commentary.

yugin96 said:

maybe he's trying to do a kind of kangaroo dance :p

The engineer definitely has the face of 'bloody drivers' on. 

On the old circuit I did prefer that layout, we have enough Tilke tracks already and the new track misses something for me. That said it is a good track, much better than most Tilke original tracks. 

yugin96 said:

I would do that all day long if I was beating the reigning 4x WDC in every single race.

The engineer definitely has the face of 'bloody drivers' on. 

On the old circuit I did prefer that layout, we have enough Tilke tracks already and the new track misses something for me. That said it is a good track, much better than most Tilke original tracks. 

Agreed but I think that's mostly because they didn't change it too much  as the Stadium section is the same as it's always has been all they did really was replace the long forested straights with that long curved DRS straight really and just linked it up using a hairpin turn.

That's so awesome by Ricciardo :p His engineer wasn't impressed though, lighten up! 

When was skipping through FP2 I must've missed that, so I'm now gonna un-delete it and find it :p

Hamilton has stated that the removal of the FRIC suspesion won't make a difference in the car's handling or performance.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't say that it was a "frickin' joke, and absolute frickin' joke".

On my Twitter trends, at number 5 is 'FRIC'  :expressionless: