Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When does the tyre choice come in?

Im on Bahrain right now and only have a balanced amount of tyres for the weekend. I assume it's because they've been preselected pre season. When does that option come in that we can amend our allocation?

You can change it in the settings menu before the weekend starts, in between races, by selecting tyre allocation. I missed it the first couple of times, was expecting to choose them before going out on track.

The tire allocations are preset for the career and along with race length, practice lengths, and weather they are locked once the career has begun. Perhaps they can be changed between seasons. I havent finished an entire season yet so I couldnt tell you. IRL they are selected by each team at least a week in advance of each race. I'm guessing they just wanted to simplify things a little. 

You can change it in the settings menu before the weekend starts, in between races, by selecting tyre allocation. I missed it the first couple of times, was expecting to choose them before going out on track.
Ah yeah missed it in there. I was expecting it on the laptop. I will take a look for China

Next year each team has free choice in compound and all.

along with the new rules should be very interesting.