Sign in to follow this  

Any new tracks to come with the planned dlc?

Just caught up with this weeks Codies Blog, and wondered should it say "...along with it a NEW selection of tracks, routes and cars" and not just a NEW career path?

I don't need any track specifics, but just wonder if we'll have any new tracks to look forward to?

Thanks.

At the heart of each pack is a brand new single player championship and along with it a selection of tracks, routes and cars.

Each pack is built around a theme:

• Sprint Pack
  • Touring Car Legends Pack
  • Drag Racing Pack

from what I have heard yes there are supposed to be new tracks not sure which ones but there are supposed to be tracka confirmed by @loore

I hope drag cars will be part of tuner categories and will be playable online with player who don't have the DLC. I'd love to see more muscle cars.

New tracks coming but we don't know which ones. Should get the info closer to the DLCs release.

The drag racing pack will most likely use the dragstrip at Hockenheim. You can actually go on it for a short distance. Not quite the full 1/4 mile. Because of the big walls that there. I do not think there is another drag track within any of the other existing tracks. Maybe Autosport Raceway has a strip in there somewhere?

Yas Marina has drag strip, at least official site of the circuit says;
http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/experiences/schools-and-academies/yas-drag-racing-academy
http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/experiences/driving-experiences/chevrolet-camaro

Sepang has drag races;
http://www.sepangcircuit.com/Races-@-Sepang_Drag_Battle.aspx

Jarama has fuckin' long straight;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVbgRxQzPX4

And finally Algarve;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRLZnZ-IVs

The drag racing pack will most likely use the dragstrip at Hockenheim. You can actually go on it for a short distance. Not quite the full 1/4 mile. Because of the big walls that there. I do not think there is another drag track within any of the other existing tracks. Maybe Autosport Raceway has a strip in there somewhere?
Yeah, that's kind of why I ask this.  It would be very easy to use sections of existing tracks ie Bathurst and Algarve's straights, or Hockenheim as you have noticed, to accomodate the drag strip dlc... with no necessity for any new tracks at all.

A new track location would be a lot more to look forward to than simply another modifed route over the existing tracks, hence my curiosity. :(|)

The joys of trying to find information within comprehensive official CM forums and completely distinct and meandering Steam forums...

"As for Watkins Glen, not for Autosport, but we will have some great new tracks set to make an appearance within the mini-expansions." as per Loore who i'm sure won't mind a requote from Steam.

The word "new" makes my day  :x  and i'll stop pestering y'all on this topic. :-$

@rainwhenidie that is a great find. And great info that I did not know.

@DJ007 good investigative reporting!

@TUSMBOX what a great idea that would be. The first one into the San Fran Bay wins!

I seem to remember someone asked for donnington on this forum in the dlc and got a wink in response. Can't remember where but I think you can take that as a reasonable chance we will see it.

For whatever reason I cannot post links now on my tablet, nor can I edit my post. It was a video of Sprint Cars at a High Banked paved half mile oval. W/o the Big Wings. Too cool but, if folks cannot seem to drive around Indy w/o crashing I do not think my hopes would work out too good.

I hope this what they mean when CM says "Sprint Pack". I doubt it but, it would be awesome! 
Maybe donnigton will be for the touring cars. Plenty of people asked for donnington from Grid 1 and it is part of the BTCC I think. IMO its a better track for touring cars than silverstone, which I think is too fast.

dirt3joe said:
I hope this what they mean when CM says "Sprint Pack". I doubt it but, it would be awesome! 
Maybe donnigton will be for the touring cars. Plenty of people asked for donnington from Grid 1 and it is part of the BTCC I think. IMO its a better track for touring cars than silverstone, which I think is too fast.
yeah unless they did Silverstone for the openwheels I couldn't see it happening either but any new additional tracks would be good.

TUSMBOX said:
They're gonna use the San Fran straights for drag racing. Duh.
oohhhhh drag racing on the jumps :D be amazing hehehehehe

Drag racing is on proper strips, I believe over various lengths is what we're looking at but as of now everything is still TBC!

Sprint pack does have some point to point circuits in there. Touring car legends also has some new circuits.

All of the mini-expansions come with a good chunk of single player experience, estimated 3 hours ish for sprint pack and all the content can be used online as well.

Touring Car Legends ZakSpeed Capri? Early to mid 80's U.S. Trans Am Series Cars? That could be cool.....

Loore said:
Drag racing is on proper strips, I believe over various lengths is what we're looking at but as of now everything is still TBC!

Sprint pack does have some point to point circuits in there. Touring car legends also has some new circuits.

All of the mini-expansions come with a good chunk of single player experience, estimated 3 hours ish for sprint pack and all the content can be used online as well.
coool !  :-bd  so they will be nw tracks... what do u mean Loore point to point circuits?? Cote d azure and california grid 2 style/? i would like to see them! also i love Milano track from grid 1.. and Nürburgring GP , le mans , and long beach... plus laguna seca , Brno , monaco gp , catalunya, interlagos..  8->

I'd like to see Donnington, Zandvoort, and this other Belgian and Austrian track that I can't recall the name of right now...

And as it seems, Endurance guys get no love.

Is this to make up for how great the Prototype and GT classes were in the original GRID?

The Côte d'Azur was my favourite point to point location in Grid 2 along with the California Highway. Hong Kong was annoyingly technical, and you just couldn't go fast in Okutama.

BTW @Loore what kind of cars is going to be part of the drag pack, if it comes with new cars?

Oscar97 said:
... what kind of cars is going to be part of the drag pack, if it comes with new cars?
I'm hoping for absolute beasts! >:)