Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incorrect starting tyre - 25% Quick Race - Xbox One

I did a 25% Quick Race in Austria with the below settings and qualified on pole in a one shot qualifying session using the Ultra-soft tyres.
When I lined up on the grid my strategy defaulted to starting on the Super-soft tyres and other cars also used different tyres.

Unless one shot qualifying allows free tyre choice (which I believe it does not) I should have been locked to using my used set of Ultra-soft tyres from my qualifying lap for the first stint of the race.

Xbox One
Quick Race
Austria
Red Bull (Verstappen)
Expert AI
Random Weather
30 Min Practice (Wet)
One Shot Qualifying (Dry)
25% Race (Dry)
Formation Lap On

same issue in career mode, full qual 50% race. also tried it in a quick mode race and again myself and ai use different tyres.
parc ferme rule is on.
xbox one.

must be others with this issue?

just tested out my pc version with the same settings and it locked out the qual tyres.

this is a xbox only bug it seems. needs to be patched asap.

We will investigate this.  My guess is there's a specific combination of settings to get this to happen.  It certainly doesn't happen all the time.

Lozzy said:
We will investigate this.  My guess is there's a specific combination of settings to get this to happen.  It certainly doesn't happen all the time.
i've managed to recreate the issue each time. the race settings are the following.

Xbox One
Ai Driver lvl: Expert
Flashbacks: on
Parc Ferme rules: on
Vehicle damage: sim
Safety Car: on
Corner cutting: Reg
Formation lap: on
Race starts: Manual

has happened in Career mode and quick race mode. with the mclaren team and mercs. The track was Australia. the settings were  Practice, full qual and 50% race.

I can do all 3 qual sessions using only the Supersofts, Ai will use SS also (finishing in the top 10) and as soon as the race starts i can select any tyre and the other top 9 ai are also starting on Softs and mediums not Super Softs. 
The Parc ferme rule is on as i can not select a setup.

also if you retire from qual 1 and start a race pretty much all cars actually start on Super Softs. so it seems to work if you don't qual.

I have also tried with no practice short qual and 50% race with the same results.