DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 3 GFWL Issue

Hi,
after some time didn't spend with Dirt3 I wanted to start it today and was forced to install it completely new cause of a new PC. At the first start the GFWL Client opens and asks for my account details and my Dirt3 key. I entered both correctly for tenth time now but the GFWL client always blocks me with the error message that my e-mail or password is invalid. I tested it several times with other combinations turning more and more crazy. Then I tried to download the GFWL Marketplace Client and logged in there with my e-mail and password also entered in the in-game Dirt3 client and everything works fine. Now my question, how can I fix this problem in Dirt so that I can finally play?

I hope anyone can help :s

Wolkenkoenig

Hi,
after some time didn't spend with Dirt3 I wanted to start it today and was forced to install it completely new cause of a new PC. At the first start the GFWL Client opens and asks for my account details and my Dirt3 key. I entered both correctly for tenth time now but the GFWL client always blocks me with the error message that my e-mail or password is invalid. I tested it several times with other combinations turning more and more crazy. Then I tried to download the GFWL Marketplace Client and logged in there with my e-mail and password also entered in the in-game Dirt3 client and everything works fine. Now my question, how can I fix this problem in Dirt so that I can finally play?

I hope anyone can help :s

Wolkenkoenig
Have you created a profile to save your login information?

create a local profile using the client within the game if you can't do tyhis through Dirt itself install either F1 2010 or 2011 amnd create one through them as I know there's an option on those 2 games for doing it.if you have them that is.

Thanks for help,  I don't know how but I tried it another time today and it worked. First I closed the log-in window of GFWL, then I logged out of the local profile and choosed to log-in with a new account. I entered my account details and everything works fine!

Thanks for help,  I don't know how but I tried it another time today and it worked. First I closed the log-in window of GFWL, then I logged out of the local profile and choosed to log-in with a new account. I entered my account details and everything works fine!
Good to know :)

Good to know :)
well the local profile system does allow access to all the singleplayer stuff so at least the game is useable multiplayer's another problem though thankfully not a problem to me as I only use singleplayer on these games

I really want to play DiRT 3, but i'm waiting because i know if i start playing it now, i'll get halfway through and it'll be transferred over to Steamworks, and all my progress/achievements will be lost.

Wish CM would hurry with the GFWL removal business, no idea why its taking so long. Don't know who thought it was a good idea to use the abysmal service in the first place tbh... Steamworks or no DRM from the beginning would have been much appreciated.

If it were a crap game, nobody would care about the GFWL, but since Codemasters make really quite excellent games, its a massive shame for them to be brought down with the horrible monstrosity that is GFWL.