Jump to content Jump to content

DIY handbrake wiring mod guide for G29 (or ?G920)

As it was the amazing Dirt Rally game that inspired me to figure this out, it seems right to me that I share this here in their forums.
This is for anyone with a G29 (or G920 as the internals are similar) who is interested in modding in an ON/OFF handbrake. I have just finished mine and posted a guide video on youtube to help people DIY.
The difference in immersion when using a handbrake (even a non-analog one) is amazing while playing Dirt Rally and I'm sure it will be nice in other driving games (when I get around to playing them) as well.
The idea is that you will tap into your choice of an  L/R 2 or 3 (not 1 as they are the paddle shifters) button of the PCB on the wheel. It involves the use of a solder and hot glue gun to do it properly but I think it's well worth the effort if you are like me and don't have the spare money  to upgrade to a Thrustmaster/Fanatec setup and would actually like to use it on the PS4 at some stage..

So here it is for anyone interested.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUdMTWI9rM
It's a bit rough (my first ever attempt at a video) but I think it will help those interested.
Cheers

Archived