Jump to content Jump to content

[F1 2016 PC] - Random Screen Freezes

djrabes

Hi, 

The game runs well for pretty much 99.9% of the time at well above 60FPS on ultra-high settings for me. However, sometimes the game will freeze (Audio still playing) for about 1-2 seconds and then the video will fast forward to catch up with the game. As it only has happened about 10 times in the whole 11+ hours I've played, its not really game breaking but it can be annoying when in breaking zones. I've tried recreating the freezes but they are completely random and can happen anywhere on all circuits but they all seem to happen in races rather than FP sessions or Qualifying, so far.  

I've looked at task manager and at CPU & GPU temps and cannot find any CPU spikes or thermal throttling with CPU usage hovering at about 55% and RAM at 48%.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K running at stock 4.0GHz
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX  2400MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170 Gaming-K3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder Edition (No OC)  - Running latest game ready driver (368.39) 

Game running on a 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200rpm with 600GB free space
Power option turned to high performance same with Nvidia Control Panel settings too. 

I don't know if anyone at CM knows how to sort this issue or if this is a problem with Nvidia, but any help is appreciated. 

**I will try removing my graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller later and see if that will help**
I have the same issue - maybe half a second, but I've only completed one race at Australia, and a further 3 practice sessions at Bahrain. My frequency is a bit higher though. I had it at least 4 times during the race alone in Australia.
Ho3n3r said:
I have the same issue - maybe half a second, but I've only completed one race at Australia, and a further 3 practice sessions at Bahrain. My frequency is a bit higher though. I had it at least 4 times during the race alone in Australia.
Yeah, its not very nice to get one. The freezes also vary in time. Ones down straights are longer (1-2 Seconds) and ones in braking zones are shorter, like (0.5-1 Second) 

Archived